Sign in to follow this  
edjr

I think it's time to purchase a gun :\

Don’t do it Ed. There must be someone out there who cares enough to talk to you...maybe help you through this difficult time.

Speaking of... this is in the mail!  I'm pretty excited.  I have 2 stripped lowers I've been wanting to build.

https://outdoorsportsusa.com/AR-15-RIGHTEOUS-PISTOL-KIT

Though when I bought it last week it was only $309!  AND they assembled the ipper and test fired it doe free (a $35 dollar value).  has jumped $130 bucks in a week!

I've been debating on what to do with  the other lower.

8 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Don’t do it Ed. There must be someone out there who cares enough to talk to you...maybe help you through this difficult time.

:d

On 3/26/2020 at 4:22 PM, edjr said:

Pin #?

Yes Pin #. With your LTC comes a separate pin (different from your license #) that is used during the purchase procedure. When you renew your LTC you receive a new pin# as well.

I’m stuck inside all day with my family in quarantine. Thank god I don’t have a gun. :( 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m stuck inside all day with my family in quarantine. Thank god I don’t have a gun. :( 

City life has its drawbacks.  I’m in PA but live in the middle of the woods.

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

City life has its drawbacks.  I’m in PA but live in the middle of the woods.

We have some outside space and I’ve been going for loooooong walks at night to stay active, but it’s tight.

On 3/26/2020 at 8:03 PM, mmmmm...beer said:

Speaking of... this is in the mail!  I'm pretty excited.  I have 2 stripped lowers I've been wanting to build.

https://outdoorsportsusa.com/AR-15-RIGHTEOUS-PISTOL-KIT

Though when I bought it last week it was only $309!  AND they assembled the ipper and test fired it doe free (a $35 dollar value).  has jumped $130 bucks in a week!

I've been debating on what to do with  the other lower.

Wooo hooo... it's here!

So now I have a project for assembly at work tomorrow. 🙂

• Like 1

great topic!

1 hour ago, taco breath said:

great topic!

We should revisit

This is much more of a reason to buy a gun than the quarantine was.  I can't believe how people thought that was a good idea when you see what's happening now.

We tell the Middle East to recognize their internal terrorists and stop them, we need to do the same.  Trump has to start the process of destroying our terrorists, also known as the Democrat party.  Start charging and arresting politicians for war crimes/treason and get them out.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

This is much more of a reason to buy a gun than the quarantine was.  I can't believe how people thought that was a good idea when you see what's happening now.

We tell the Middle East to recognize their internal terrorists and stop them, we need to do the same.  Trump has to start the process of destroying our terrorists, also known as the Democrat party.

Read that 2nd paragraph and tell me that isn't part of the problem. I know that you don't like the Democratic Party, but this is just silly.

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Read that 2nd paragraph and tell me that isn't part of the problem. I know that you don't like the Democratic Party, but this is just silly.

They're a terrorist organization at this point.  How many "civil" ways have worked in dealing with terrorism?

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They're a terrorist organization at this point.  How many "civil" ways have worked in dealing with terrorism?

In your mind, they are a "terrorist organization". Based on what? Because you don't like what they stand for? Come on, at least be rational.

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

In your mind, they are a "terrorist organization". Based on what? Because you don't like what they stand for? Come on, at least be rational.

Because they support actions like what's going on right now.  Because they're agenda is to literally over throw our government and create another one (to which we know has never worked).  Because they support violent takeovers.

2 hours ago, edjr said:

We should revisit

Lol...ya think? Im pretty set on guns, but I hear more and more people with your mindset of getting one.

On 3/26/2020 at 4:09 PM, tanatastic said:

Over half of these people buying guns are more likely to shoot themselves in the leg or foot rather than the black perpetrator they fantasize about stopping.

BS! You have to be the most uniformed poster on this board.

please provide a link for this shocking fact.

33 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Average Joe is really dumb, dumb people shouldn’t have guns. One should have at least some formal training before wielding one of the most deadly things on the planet I’d say. 

11 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Average Joe is really dumb, dumb people shouldn’t have guns. One should have at least some formal training before wielding one of the most deadly things on the planet I’d say. 

Of course you don’t have a link you are just making crap up with nothing to back it. This seems to be your MO.

8 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Of course you don’t have a link you are just making crap up with nothing to back it. This seems to be your MO.

I need a link to convince you average Joe is dumb? Have you met people?

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I need a link to convince you average Joe is dumb? Have you met people?

No, I need a link showing half the people buying guns will shoot themselves.

you are proof the average Joe is dumb.

Just now, Baker Boy said:

No, I need a link showing half the people buying guns will shoot themselves.

That wasn’t a fact, it was hyperbole representing an opinionated statement about people who don’t know how to use guns rushing out to buy guns being a dangerous situation.

That's probably correct data. It's not that 50% will shoot themselves in the foot. It's that the odds favor that happens before they actually need the gun because a perp is attacking them. Odds of either is slim

4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

That wasn’t a fact, it was hyperbole representing an opinionated statement about people who don’t know how to use guns rushing out to buy guns being a dangerous situation.

It was BS!

Looking at getting 2 revolvers and a shotgun myself. Wouldn't have to if the country would man up and kill the looters and rioters.

• Thanks 1

Remember when they used to ask...Why do you need an AR-15 with 30 round clips and 10,000 rounds of ammo?  

Now you know.  :bandana:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

I don't agree that half of the people buying guns are more likely to shoot themselves. But, stats show that nearly 2/3rds of all gun deaths are suicides. So, there are people shooting themselves. I don't really care about those deaths. Their life, their choice.

The other 1/3rd consists of gang violence, accidental discharges, hunting accidents, etc. There is a very small percentage of gun deaths where law abiding citizens use a gun to kill someone else and a large percentage of those are justified.

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Looking at getting 2 revolvers and a shotgun myself. Wouldn't have to if the country would man up and kill the looters and rioters.

You must live in California.

Everyone knows semi auto is the way to go.