Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

March Mock Draft: Anyone may participate

I’m not working these next two weeks. Maybe many of you aren’t either. So, I thought a post-free agency mock might be fun. Anybody can make a pick as long as it’s not consecutive by the same person. Would love to go 7 rounds, but we’ll see if there is that level of interest. As picks are made, I will update this post with what the 12 teams look like. Let’s go non-PPR and post picks like this:

1.01- RB Willie Nelson, Hou. 

TEAM ONE: Christian McCaffrey, Mike Evans, Miles Sanders, Allen Robinson, Tyler Lockett, Josh Allen, Jared Cook

TEAM TWO: Saquon Barkley, George Kittle, Le’Veon Bell, D.J. Moore, T.Y. Hilton, Tom Brady, Will Fuller

TEAM THREE: Ezekiel Elliott, Lamar Jackson, Amari Cooper, David Montgomery, Zach Ertz, Terry McLaurin, Kerryon Johnson

TEAM FOUR: Derrick Henry, Mark Ingram, Cooper Kupp. A.J. Green, D.J. Chark, Hunter Henry, Dak Prescott 

TEAM FIVE: Dalvin Cook, Julio Jones, Todd Gurley, Mark Andrews, Michael Gallup, DeVante Parker, Matt Ryan

TEAM SIX: Alvin Kamara, DeAndre Hopkins, Melvin Gordon, Courtland Sutton, Keenan Allen, DeShaun Watson, Evan Engram

TEAM SEVEN: Michael Thomas, Travis Kelce, Devin Singletary, David Johnson, Stefon Diggs, Ronald Jones, Aaron Rodgers

TEAM EIGHT: Tyreek Hill, Chris Carson, Kenyan Drake, James Conner, Jarvis Landry, O.J. Howard, Carson Wentz

TEAM NINE: Aaron Jones, Leonard Fournette, Kenny Golladay, Odell Beckham, Jr., Deebo Samuel, Kyler Murray, Austin Hooper

TEAM TEN: Nick Chubb, Chris Godwin, Marlon Mack, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Russell Wilson, Robert Woods, Noah Fant

TEAM ELEVEN: Davante Adams, Joe Mixon, Patrick Mahomes, A.J. Brown, Damien Williams, Raheem Mostert, Tyler Higbee

TEAM TWELVE: Josh Jacobs, Austin Ekeler, Adam Thielen, Calvin Ridley, D.K. Metcalf, Darren Waller, Matthew Stafford

PARTICIPANTS THUS FAR: Fumbleweed, JRokh, Weepaws, Mike FF Today, TB XXXVII, Smileseers, Worm, AxeElf, Super Cubs, Robb

52 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I’ll start:

1.01- RB Christian McCaffrey, Car,

Love it. I'm making this pick based on the premise the Giants will be selecting an OT with their first draft pick, but in non-ppr, he would probably be the pick anyway.

1.02- RB Saquon Barkley

1.03 non ppr I’ll pick The Zeke. 

Thanks this is great.  

scoring rules?  may assist us in providing a realistic pick for the type of draft.

5 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

scoring rules?  may assist us in providing a realistic pick for the type of draft.

Non-PPR. Basic scoring otherwise. Point per 10 yards rushing/receiving. Point per 20 yards passing. Six points for TDs scored. Four points for TDs thrown.

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

1.04- RB Derrick Henry, Ten.

FFC has Henry at #20 overall, 2.08 in a 12-team non-PPR draft.

You might have gotten Henry from this draft position in the 2nd round...

1:05. D Cook.  

Thank you once again.  

Last season from what I just checked out, Henry had  a adp of a third rounder, looks like last season people were  wrong about him. 

He was after all the second best non ppr rb last season, just shows how many times the public is wrong.  

Thanks. 

I'm in if you'll have me.

ICEMAN

I believe you picked two WRs with your first and second round pick last season in a non ppr right? 

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

FFC has Henry at #20 overall, 2.08 in a 12-team non-PPR draft.

You might have gotten Henry from this draft position in the 2nd round...

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Last season from what I just checked out, Henry had  a adp of a third rounder, looks like last season people were  wrong about him. 

He was after all the second best non ppr rb last season, just shows how many times the public is wrong. 

#20 overall (in non-PPR!!) is insane for a guy who by all accounts figures to be the absolute workhorse and centerpiece of his offense for the foreseeable future.  There are good arguments for taking Henry #1 overall (especially in non-PPR).

But imagine getting in some of those drafts right now where you could have say Dalvin Cook at 1.4-1.5 and come back with Derrick Henry at 2.8-2.9?  You could about mail in the rest of your draft and coast into the playoffs (barring injuries).

Any good ff owner wouldn’t pass up Henry in the first round, I know that, and even you know that. 

But in my league he’s not lasting into the second round, how about yours? 

1:08 T Hill wr KC.  He scored 18 plus non ppr ff points in five games last season, I think that’s the most of any wr.  

He’ll have even a better return this season, and I think he’ll be the top ff non ppr wr.  

1.10 - RB Nick Chubb, CLE - Could very well be a top 5 back again, though, a bit scary if Hunt is still there.  Chubb averaged 19.7 ppg in the first 8 games, but only 13 ppg after Hunt came back.  Chubb is likely to be a boom or bust week in and week out.

1.11: WR- D. Adams- expect a return to the usual double digit Td's.

This is a snake draft, right? So I'm making this pick for team Eleven. 2.02 RB- Joe Mixon

Also question if we can pick draft eligible players like a Jonathan Taylor?  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

This is a snake draft, right? So I'm making this pick for team Eleven. 2.02 RB- Joe Mixon

Also question if we can pick draft eligible players like a Jonathan Taylor?  Thanks.

Yes, snake draft. No, let’s just stick with non-rookies for now

20 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

2.01- RB Austin Ekeler, LAC

In non-PPR?  I think I'd rather have someone like Ingram, Carson, or Fournette--maybe even Gurley or Mixon--before Ekeler, as bad as the Chargers are liable to be in the post-Rivers era.

Just now, AxeElf said:

In non-PPR?  I think I'd rather have someone like Ingram, Carson, or Fournette--maybe even Gurley or Mixon--before Ekeler, as bad as the Chargers are liable to be in the post-Rivers era.

Rivers was bad last year. Ekeler was fantastic. I love Ekeler’s chances to be a top ten back. 

12 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Instead of just chiming in on the picks everyone is making, how about you make some picks, and then we can discuss your selections?

2.03 - WR Chris Godwin, TB - Last year played in 13 games and averaged over 100 yards per game and was 2nd in the NFL in YAC.  With Tom Brady, Godwin has a chance to continue that 100 ypg average and hit 1600+ yards with 12+ TD's.  Numbers like that in non-PPR could put him at WR1... and definitely top 3.

2.04. Fournette to join A Jones.  

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Instead of just chiming in on the picks everyone is making, how about you make some picks, and then we can discuss your selections?

Won’t happen. 

Team 8 to add to tyreek hill pick 2.05- Chris Carson- RB

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

Axe Elf isn't here to do mock drafts; Axe Elf is here to educate his students on how to win fantasy football leagues.

2.08 WR- Julio Jones

Mr. Jones tells us "take me five picks after Godwin? Oh hell no"!

Ok, just so nobody screws up the Derrick Henry team, I'll take Mark Ingram at 2.09.

Two top 5 non-PPR RBs.

Mmhmm.