Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

March Mock Draft: Anyone may participate

5:01. We have Mccaffery and Evans and M Sanders eagles and A Robinson.  

I have two picks I like here, but the one I’ll pick for a flex spot we’ll be, wr Seahawks T Lockett. 

5.04 WR D.J. Chark, JAX

Derrick Henry

Mark Ingram

Cooper Kupp

A.J. Green

D.J. Chark

Every player a top 10 prospect, 5 players deep.  Add a top 10 QB and TE, and this team is locked and loaded.

Only if they do indeed reach their top ten potential.  

5:05. Cook, Jones, Gurley, Andrews, let’s add Cowboys wr M Gallup. 

29 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

5.04 WR D.J. Chark, JAX

Derrick Henry

Mark Ingram

Cooper Kupp

A.J. Green

D.J. Chark

Every player a top 10 prospect, 5 players deep.  Add a top 10 QB and TE, and this team is locked and loaded.

Top 10 prospect according to whom? You? CBS Sportsline for example in non ppr ranks AJ Green as wr # 23 and Chark # 29. I'm no mathematician but that's no where near 10. Picking a player you like that isn't on anyone's top 10 list and declaring it to be top 10 is silly. That would be like predicting one of the top college wr in a loaded wr draft will be good in fantasy...

That being said: joining Kamara, Nuk, MGII, and C. Sutton, ppr monster pick 5:06 WR- K. Allen

10 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Top 10 prospect according to whom?

Axe Elf, duh--the standard by which all things fantasy football are measured.

11 minutes ago, jrokh said:

CBS Sportsline for example in non ppr ranks AJ Green as wr # 23 and Chark # 29. I'm no mathematician but that's no where near 10.

Yet another example of the nursery rhyme that all of your nannies used to make you feel safe in your beds...

Listen to the Elf;

Trophy on the shelf.

Listen to the others;

Go crying to your mothers.

14 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Picking a player you like that isn't on anyone's top 10 list and declaring it to be top 10 is silly.

It would be called silly, if one was doing it randomly.  If you're Axe Elf, it's called a business model.

As I mentioned before, A.J. Green has never finished a healthy year (a 16-game season) outside of the top 10.  He may not finish the year healthy in 2020 either, but the track record is that you will get top 10 production out of Green when he IS healthy, with Andy Dalton at QB.  A QB like Joe Burrow might even provide an upgrade.

D.J. Chark was Gardner Minshew's favorite target in his breakout year, and he finished as the WR12 in non-PPR scoring despite playing in only 14 games (he was the WR11 in ppg) and despite Nick Foles being his QB for two more games in which he failed to break 50 receiving yards or score a TD.  So if he can be WR12 in basically 12 games with Minshew, he can be a top 10 WR over the course of 16 games with Minshew.

#23 for Green can be written off as uncertainty about his QB and his health, but #29 for Chark is what's silly.  You really don't expect Chark to even be a credible WR2 in 2020?

smh...

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Axe Elf, duh--the standard by which all things fantasy football are measured.

Yet another example of the nursery rhyme that all of your nannies used to make you feel safe in your beds...

Listen to the Elf;

Trophy on the shelf.

Listen to the others;

Go crying to your mothers.

It would be called silly, if one was doing it randomly.  If you're Axe Elf, it's called a business model.

As I mentioned before, A.J. Green has never finished a healthy year (a 16-game season) outside of the top 10.  He may not finish the year healthy in 2020 either, but the track record is that you will get top 10 production out of Green when he IS healthy, with Andy Dalton at QB.  A QB like Joe Burrow might even provide an upgrade.

D.J. Chark was Gardner Minshew's favorite target in his breakout year, and he finished as the WR12 in non-PPR scoring despite playing in only 14 games (he was the WR11 in ppg) and despite Nick Foles being his QB for two more games in which he failed to break 50 receiving yards or score a TD.  So if he can be WR12 in basically 12 games with Minshew, he can be a top 10 WR over the course of 16 games with Minshew.

#23 for Green can be written off as uncertainty about his QB and his health, but #29 for Chark is what's silly.  You really don't expect Chark to even be a credible WR2 in 2020?

smh...

I might buy that about Green and Chark, but you praised them as top 10 prospects, and then proceeded to walk it back by mentioning Green's health, duh, and Chark as "a credible WR2 in 2020" See Axe Elf never tells you that all his predictions always come with a healthy dose of hedging his bets. That way he gets to declare "victory" no matter what happens. You may fool others, you surely fool yourself, but jrokh is wise, to the BS of Axe Elf....

5:07, we need a wr to join, M Thomas and Kelce, and Singletary and DJ, so I’ll pick S Diggs.  

• Like 1

5:09 to join A Jones Fournette and Golladay and Beckham Jr, I’ll pick D Samuel of the Niners.  

This pick could likely change after the draft, but as it stands now 5.11 RB- Damien Williams

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

I might buy that about Green and Chark, but you praised them as top 10 prospects, and then proceeded to walk it back by mentioning Green's health, duh, and Chark as "a credible WR2 in 2020" See Axe Elf never tells you that all his predictions always come with a healthy dose of hedging his bets. That way he gets to declare "victory" no matter what happens. You may fool others, you surely fool yourself, but jrokh is wise, to the BS of Axe Elf....

I know you're one of the most cantankerous posters on site, but don't make yourself out to be one of the densest as well.

Axe Elf said both Green and Chark are top 10 prospects.  It's not "walking it back" by appending "when healthy" to Green, because an unspoken "when healthy" caveat applies to every player in the league.  When he has been healthy, Green has been a top 10 performer.  That's not particularly vague.

And it wasn't Axe Elf who doesn't see Chark as a credible WR2 in 2020; it was whoever ranked him #29 among WRs.  Axe Elf stated unequivocally that Chark is a top 10 prospect, and explained why he is a top 10 prospect, based on his top-12 production with Minshew over the course of 12 games projected out to  a full season of 16 games.

(Oh, and that's if he stays healthy too.)

6:01 joining the likes of, Jacobs and Ekeler and Thielen and Ridley and Metcalf, I’ll pick Raiders te D Waller.  

6.05. To join T Hill and Carson and Drake and Conner and Landry, I’ll pick Te from the Bucs Howard 

Team 7 needs RB help badly. Alas the position is pretty much picked clean, so they settle on the best one left: pick 6.06 RB- Ronald Jones

Alvin Kamara, DeAndre Hopkins, Melvin Gordon, Courtland Sutton, Keenan Allen

6.7 DeShaun Watson QB Hou

6.09  TE Hunter Henry

Tyrod loves his TE and a rookie QB would too.  

Team needs a Qb but there are several left and one should make it back to the next pick.  RBs are drying up, plenty of WRs out there.

6.10 we have the Zeke And Montgomery and Ertz and L Jackson, and Cooper wr.  

I’ll pick T Mclaurin wr Skins.  

14 hours ago, Smileseers said:

6.09  TE Hunter Henry

I'm not really sure how productive the oft-injured Henry will be without Rivers at QB, but since I missed the opportunity to make the 6.09 pick for my pet team, let me tell you how I would have rounded out this 7-round draft.

Normally, I wouldn't take a QB in the first 7 rounds at all, but since this is only a 7-round draft (and a mock draft at that), it would be nice to end up with a full QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE skill position lineup.  Therefore at 6.09 I would have taken Tom Forking Brady.  That's right, the greatest QB of all time with the chip on his shoulder of proving he's not done yet, dropped into a pass-heavy offense with two top-5 WRs and two credible TEs?  Fuhgeddaboudit.  If Jameis Winston can throw for 5000 yards and 30 TDs in this offense, imagine what Tom Brady can do--especially with 20 fewer INTs!!

And I would expect Hayden Hurst to be available at 7.04 for my TE.  The 2018 first-round pick of the Ravens comes to fill the void left by Austin Hooper in Atlanta--and wherever Dirk Koetter is the OC, the TE is fantasy-relevant.  Playing second fiddle to Mark Andrews in 2019, Hurst was still only 160 yards and 3 TDs from being a top-10 non-PPR TE; 600 yards and 6 TDs for a Koetter TE?  Pfft... by Week 10.

So Brady, Henry, Ingram, Kupp, Green, Chark and Hurst.  I'll put that team up against any other team in this draft, best-ball style, for any amount up to $100.

Anyone?  Anyone?

Hayden Hurst would be available in the 14th round...for a reason.   Hurst could not even beat out Nick Boyle and was the Ravens third TE, thus expendable.  Hurst  has the exact same label as oft-injured Hunter has.  Hunter has been far more productive in his career than Hurst when healthy.  Hurst will be the 4th or 5th option in the passing game and Hunter will be third.

Hayden Hurst does not belong on a roster if we are only going 7 rounds. 

Your delusions are your illusions.

OK. 14 picks to go and then we can examine which teams we like best. Let’s see if we can knock out the picks over the course of the next two days. Everyone has done great so far. 

Team 2 might be my least favorite team. The only pick I really like is Barkley. So I can't think of a better place to stick this guy: Pick 6.11 QB- Tom Brady

11 hours ago, Smileseers said:

Hayden Hurst would be available in the 14th round...for a reason.....

I took Hurst in the last round of THIS draft as an opportunity to educate readers on the opportunity that Hurst presents, but obviously getting a top five-ish TE in the double-digit rounds when you draft for real will be even better.

(And if you don't understand why Hurst will be a top five-ish TE, then you need to review the history of TEs under the coaching of Dirk Koetter.)

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

6.12- QB DeShaun Watson, Hou. 

Watson was taken at 6.7.

6.12 joining Mccaffery and Evans and M Sanders and Robinson and Lockett, Te Saints J Cook. 

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Watson was taken at 6.7.

My bad. Changed it to Josh Allen. 7.01 then will be Cook

Pick 7.02 WR- Will Fuller.  No more Hopkins, all he needs to do is stay on the field and this pick's a steal. Easier said than done...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Pick 7.02 WR- Will Fuller.  No more Hopkins, all he needs to do is stay on the field and this pick's a steal. Easier said than done...

Yeah, I would have taken him at 5.4 if Chark had been gone--at least in a mock.

Dunno if I will have the courage to depend on him in a real league, however.

16 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, I would have taken him at 5.4 if Chark had been gone--at least in a mock.

Dunno if I will have the courage to depend on him in a real league, however.

Agreed, would really depend on who is already on the roster, and the opportunity cost. In this case There wasn't another WR/RB I liked better.

I have Stills ranked ahead of Fuller, simply because of Fullers inability to stay healthy.  

Stills has a better track record of staying healthy, and can produce with Watson’s arm.  

Thanks. 

7.03. Joining the Zeke and D Montgomery and A Cooper and T Mclaurin and L Jackson and the Ertz, I’ll pick rb K Johnson of the Lions.