Herbivore

Favorite Album - Iron Maiden

Favorite Album - Iron Maiden  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Iron Maiden album?

• Iron Maiden
    • Killers
    • The Number of the Beast
    • Piece of Mind
    • Powerslave
    • Somewhere in Time
    • Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
    • Brave New World
    • Other

I plan to do a few of these for other bands, decades, genres, etc.  This would be your personal favorite.  Up the Irons, Maiden goes first.  

Fock.  This is a tough one!  Probably going to go with Powerslave, though every album has its high points. 

My favorite is Killers.  Monster classics like Wrathchild, Killers, and Murders in the Rue Morgue.  A few of my favorite album cuts, like Innocent Exile, Drifter, and Another Life.  

Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, and Powerslave were a great run while I was in HS.  I was 15 when Number came out and it was my intro to Maiden; I was hooked unlike any other metal acts.  Run to the Hills and Hallowed be Thy Name are on my short list of songs from any bands which are on my workout mix.  :cheers:

16 minutes ago, usurpers26 said:

Piece of Mind 

First Maiden album I bought. I had a ticket to see them on their World Piece Tour in my hometown but it got cancelled when Bruce Dickinson got sick. :cry:

Not a big Maiden fan, just wanted to suggest Black Sabbath next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, and Powerslave were a great run while I was in HS.  I was 15 when Number came out and it was my intro to Maiden; I was hooked unlike any other metal acts.  Run to the Hills and Hallowed be Thy Name are on my short list of songs from any bands which are on my workout mix.  :cheers:

I had my daily radiation treatment playlist, as the techs would play whatever music you brought in.  My playlist was Maiden heavy due to the Bruce Dickinson throat cancer connection.  First song on the playlist was Hallowed Be Thy Name followed by Powerslave.  I made sure and asked if it was okay if I moved my fingers as it helped me relax and it's hard not to do some air bass when Steve Harris is kicking ass. :headbanger:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonS said:

First Maiden album I bought. I had a ticket to see them on their World Piece Tour in my hometown but it got cancelled when Bruce Dickinson got sick. :cry:

Had a beer with Bruce last year, he was the keynote speaker at the CBC.  Very down to earth and genuinely seemed like a good dude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Not a big Maiden fan, just wanted to suggest Black Sabbath next.

Good suggestion.  Will be interesting to see how votes go between Ozzy and RJD fronted albums. 

Just now, DonS said:

Good suggestion.  Will be interesting to see how votes go between Ozzy and RJD fronted albums. 

Other than Mob Rules is there any RJD album that would get a vote?

In my mind it’s either Paranoid or Master of Reality.

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

Other than Mob Rules is there any RJD album that would get a vote?

In my mind it’s either Paranoid or Master of Reality.

Heaven and Hell

4 hours ago, DonS said:

Heaven and Hell

He’s not very sharp. 

My first reaction was Number as that was my introduction to Maiden. Then second thought was Powerslave as that was the first album I bought day of release. Cut school to go to TSS in Elmont NY to be one of the first to hear it. 

All that said Piece of Mind is to epic to not be #1

I love tons of hard rock bands, but nothing about them ever pulled me in, maybe it was the lame mascot.