Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye21

Business Credit Cards

For those of you who are business owners or are in charge of your work's credit cards, which card do you recommend.  We've had the same credit cards for years and it offers us nothing for rewards.  I thought it would make sense to switch to something that offers us some incentives.  I think I have it narrowed down to Chase Ink Business and Capital One Spark.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

For those of you who are business owners or are in charge of your work's credit cards, which card do you recommend.  We've had the same credit cards for years and it offers us nothing for rewards.  I thought it would make sense to switch to something that offers us some incentives.  I think I have it narrowed down to Chase Ink Business and Capital One Spark.

We use Chase Ink, no issues

FWIW, our company issues USBank Corporate cards for us to use for travel. I work for a large company so I don't know if this is applicable for smaller businesses. 

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

We use Chase Ink, no issues

I like that it doesn't have an annual fee.  Capital One has a $95 annual fee after the first year but they also offer 2% cash back on every purchase.  I find myself leaning towards Capital One.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I like that it doesn't have an annual fee.  Capital One has a $95 annual fee after the first year but they also offer 2% cash back on every purchase.  I find myself leaning towards Capital One.

ironically I chose it cause it doesnt have an annual fee, I think thats shady, but yah 2% would more than pay for it, the transactions on that account cycle more than 250k annually.  

Now you have me considering to switch lol

Just now, DonS said:

FWIW, our company issues USBank Corporate cards for us to use for travel. I work for a large company so I don't know if this is applicable for smaller businesses. 

We don't have our employees do a lot of traveling for work.  Some training a couple times a year but they drive.  The majority of our purchases are for parts from other dealers, fuel and office supplies.

I just filled out the app for the Spark, thank you for the info, I am spending about 40k next week on it, see anywhere what the limits are?

I dont know if it looks good to open a card today and spend 40k next week

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

ironically I chose it cause it doesnt have an annual fee, I think thats shady, but yah 2% would more than pay for it, the transactions on that account cycle more than 250k annually.  

I believe I read that I would need to spend $4750 a year to break even on the annual fee.  We average more than that each month.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I believe I read that I would need to spend $4750 a year to break even on the annual fee.  We average more than that each month.

yah for sure, mine is about 20k a month (40k bi-monthly) so I should get back between 2k-2500 a year, which I can use to have a xmas party or something

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

$5,000 spent times 2% cash back = $100

You can read it here.

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I just filled out the app for the Spark, thank you for the info, I am spending about 40k next week on it, see anywhere what the limits are?

I dont know if it looks good to open a card today and spend 40k next week

Haven't seen limits yet.  I know that you get $500 bonus cash after spending $4500 in the first 3 months.  Unlimited 2% on all purchases.  Rewards do not expire.  Additional cards are free.  The $95 annual fee is waived the first year.  Those are all the perks that I see.

53 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I recommend the Fock Back Off to FBG Card.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Spark gets my vote...been using it for like 6 years now.  Pay as much as we can with it.  They actually sent a rep down last year to see if we needed help with any of our big vendors to start accepting credit cards, etc.  That didn't go anywhere but it was a nice gesture.

6 minutes ago, usurpers26 said:

Spark gets my vote...been using it for like 6 years now.  Pay as much as we can with it.  They actually sent a rep down last year to see if we needed help with any of our big vendors to start accepting credit cards, etc.  That didn't go anywhere but it was a nice gesture.

That's what I decided on.  Sent in the application already.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Haven't seen limits yet.  I know that you get $500 bonus cash after spending $4500 in the first 3 months.  Unlimited 2% on all purchases.  Rewards do not expire.  Additional cards are free.  The $95 annual fee is waived the first year.  Those are all the perks that I see.

FWIW we have never been charged an annual fee either...maybe it is something new they implemented or its waived for some reason, dunno.

Our's started at 20k limit, it's now at 40k.

• Like 1