Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Dem MI/NV governor bans malaria drugs for coronavirus patients

The Democrats don't want you to get better

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/24/steve-sisolak-nevada-governor-bans-malaria-drugs-c/?fbclid=IwAR2Eu0Eqt1UBNWLvDSQ96dj7g46k3fDOHKcAiDxKzWTlo_k-nZXIwCLghzg

LAS VEGAS — Nevada’s governor has signed an emergency order barring the use of anti-malaria drugs for someone who has the coronavirus.

Democratic Gov. Steve Sisolak’s order Tuesday restricting chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine comes after President Donald Trump touted the medication as a treatment for the virus.

Why does he think he has the power to due something like this?  

4 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Why does he think he has the power to due something like this?  

Democrats think they have total control over everything.

From Strike's link in the other thread:

In a letter to the governor, the Pharmacy Board noted that the safety and the efficacy of the drugs “have not been established” in the treatment of COVID-19 and that “an emergency exists due to the hoarding and stockpiling” of the drugs.

The governor’s order prohibits the prescribing and dispensing chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for a COVID-19 diagnosis, requires the appropriate prescription coding for their “legitimate medical purposes,” and limits prescriptions to a 30-day supply.

“At this point in time, there is no known cure for COVID-19 and we must not withhold these drugs from those who need them,” the governor said in a statement. “The best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to stay home for Nevada, not to stockpile these drugs.”

So this order comes at the recommendation of medical professionals because these drugs haven't been proven to be a perfect antidote for Corona.  In fact they might produce additional medical problems:

Both chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have known safety profiles with the main concerns being cardiotoxicity (prolonged QT syndrome) with prolonged use in patients with hepatic or renal dysfunction and immunosuppression but have been reportedly well-tolerated in COVID-19 patients.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html#r1

Not enough is known about giving these to people with Coronavirus.  They're in the process of figuring that out now, and I assume they're giving them to patients seriously affected with the virus.  But as we've seen with hand sanitizer and TP, people will hoard this crap because they're scared....which actually hurts a lot more people.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

From Strike's link in the other thread:

In a letter to the governor, the Pharmacy Board noted that the safety and the efficacy of the drugs “have not been established” in the treatment of COVID-19 and that “an emergency exists due to the hoarding and stockpiling” of the drugs.

The governor’s order prohibits the prescribing and dispensing chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine for a COVID-19 diagnosis, requires the appropriate prescription coding for their “legitimate medical purposes,” and limits prescriptions to a 30-day supply.

“At this point in time, there is no known cure for COVID-19 and we must not withhold these drugs from those who need them,” the governor said in a statement. “The best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to stay home for Nevada, not to stockpile these drugs.”

So this order comes at the recommendation of medical professionals because these drugs haven't been proven to be a perfect antidote for Corona.  In fact they might produce additional medical problems:

Both chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have known safety profiles with the main concerns being cardiotoxicity (prolonged QT syndrome) with prolonged use in patients with hepatic or renal dysfunction and immunosuppression but have been reportedly well-tolerated in COVID-19 patients.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html#r1

Not enough is known about giving these to people with Coronavirus.  They're in the process of figuring that out now, and I assume they're giving them to patients seriously affected with the virus.  But as we've seen with hand sanitizer and TP, people will hoard this crap because they're scared....which actually hurts a lot more people.

How does one hoard a drug such as this? I can't imagine it's over the counter.

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

How does one hoard a drug such as this? I can't imagine it's over the counter.

I assume you can get a prescription for it's intended use.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

I assume you can get a prescription for it's intended use.

Who the heck has malaria?

So I looked it up:

About 2,000 cases of malaria are diagnosed in the United States each year. The vast majority of cases in the United States are in travelers and immigrants returning from countries where malaria transmission occurs, many from sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.

22 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

So I looked it up:

About 2,000 cases of malaria are diagnosed in the United States each year. The vast majority of cases in the United States are in travelers and immigrants returning from countries where malaria transmission occurs, many from sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.

It's used to treat RA and Lupus too.

wE NeEd tO LiStEn tO OuR MeDICal ProFeSsionAls 

Doctors say this could be a helpful drug against COVID19

20 minutes ago, Strike said:

Idiot Doctors are prescribing it for themselves and/or their family/friends.

https://www.businessinsider.com/doctors-are-reportedly-hoarding-trial-coronavirus-drugs-for-themselves-2020-3

:doh:

CHRIS STIGALL:If you’re a doctor listening to me right now and a patient with coronavirus feels like they want to try [Chloroquine] and you’re their doctor, you’re not Anthony Fauci the guy running the coronavirus task force, would you say ‘alright, we’ll give it a whirl’?

DR. ANTHONY FAUCI: Yeah, of course, particularly if people have no other option. You want to give them hope. In fact, for physicians in this country, these drugs are approved drugs for other reasons. They’re anti-malaria drugs and they’re drugs against certain autoimmune diseases, like lupus. Physicians throughout the country can prescribe that in an off-label way. Which means they can write it for something it was not originally approved for. People do that all the time, and it really is an individual choice between the physician and his or her patient as to whether or not they want to do that. 

:dunno:

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

So I looked it up:

Doctors prescribe 1000 oxys to one guy and you don't think they will hoard a drug?

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

So I looked it up:

It is preventative in nature, back when i worked in operations I went to both Colombia and Malaysia and had to take malaria medicine. I still have a fairly large supply of expired malaria pills, but it is a different type, I have atovaquone-proguanil. It was one of the first things I checked after trumps news conference the other day.

8 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

So I looked it up:

2,000 a year, in just the US!!! We should have gone on complete lockdown a long time ago. 

53 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Sounds like those idiots might know something. :dunno:

Sounds like the FBI now knows something also. These people might have a higher chance of getting a knock on their door, than getting corona.....errr... malaria.

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Sounds like those idiots might know something. :dunno:

Nope Doctors don't know anything. We should listen to what the media tells us and that's Orange Man Bad and a liar medical professionals tell us. :mellow:

I'm seeing this drug is really working well for people. Fock democrats and their lies

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm seeing this drug is really working well for people. Fock democrats and their lies

Yep, pretty evident many sick evil focks dont want it to work. 

15 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Randomized clinical trials in New York.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/03/22/new-york-to-begin-clinical-trials-for-coronavirus-treatment-tuesday-cuomo-says/#18e58cfa4203

That's how you do it.  Not by hoarding it and taking it on your own.

You wait two weeks to start prescribing a drug that medical professionals say can save lives? That's a weird way to do it.

44 minutes ago, drobeski said:

It is obvious to the non MSM programmed sheep. You do not fall under this category.  

Trump stated he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and he'd still have supporters.  That is the very definition of a sheep.

43 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

You wait two weeks to start prescribing a drug that medical professionals say can save lives? That's a weird way to do it.

When Trump stated these drugs could be a game changer there was very little evidence of their efficacy in treating corona.  The study he was probably referring to was the one done in France with 20 subjects.  So wanting to do a more thorough study with respect to these medicines isn't too weird.  They should fast track it but making sure it actually does what they think it does is probably the smart way of going about it.  

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I have read quite a bit about this drug over the last couple days, trying to find all of the real medical information I can find. I have tempered hopes. There is not much published out there. Most of what you find is hearsay about doctors saying it might work. I think we need to prescribe it to patients who are in at risk groups in the chance that it does work, but also proceed with a real study to verify whether or not it works, because if it does not work then we need to move onto other drugs ASAP.

For example South Korea started using this drug 2 weeks prior to their peak in cases as their primary treatment, however they still have a 3% mortality rate when comparing recovered/dead. This is one factor in my opinion that we need a controlled study.

http://www.koreabiomed.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=7428

And then there is the below:

Results from the first controlled study of hydroxychloroquine for treating COVID-19 showed no significant difference in outcomes between those who received the drug and those who received usual care. Hydroxychloroquine is one of several existing drugs that scientistsare hoping will show improved symptoms and recovery in clinical trials for in patients with COVID-19.

However, the study’s small size and other weaknesses mean it does not offer a lot of helpful information in determining the possible utility of hydroxychloroquine, according to experts who reviewed the study. The study also tested only hydroxychloroquine alone, not with the antibiotic azithromycin. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahaelle/2020/03/25/chloroquine-use-for-covid-19-shows-no-benefit-in-first-small-but-limited-controlled-trial/#2b2101b64c86

11 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Trump stated he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and he'd still have supporters.  That is the very definition of a sheep.

When Trump stated these drugs could be a game changer there was very little evidence of their efficacy in treating corona.  The study he was probably referring to was the one done in France with 20 subjects.  So wanting to do a more thorough study with respect to these medicines isn't too weird.  They should fast track it but making sure it actually does what they think it does is probably the smart way of going about it.  

Bull FOCKING sh1t. You have no idea what evidence there was. You're just regurgitating the same bullsh1t the media feeds to you. 

Trump didn't just make it up. He is working closely with world experts when it comes to this. That is where he got this treatment. Remember "TrUsT tHe ExPeRtS." ? Well, that is where this information is coming from. 

Right now this drug is looking to be that game-changer. 

• Like 1

👔
11 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have read quite a bit about this drug over the last couple days, trying to find all of the real medical information I can find. I have tempered hopes. There is not much published out there. Most of what you find is hearsay about doctors saying it might work. I think we need to prescribe it to patients who are in at risk groups in the chance that it does work, but also proceed with a real study to verify whether or not it works, because if it does not work then we need to move onto other drugs ASAP.

For example South Korea started using this drug 2 weeks prior to their peak in cases as their primary treatment, however they still have a 3% mortality rate when comparing recovered/dead. This is one factor in my opinion that we need a controlled study.

http://www.koreabiomed.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=7428

And then there is the below:

Results from the first controlled study of hydroxychloroquine for treating COVID-19 showed no significant difference in outcomes between those who received the drug and those who received usual care. Hydroxychloroquine is one of several existing drugs that scientistsare hoping will show improved symptoms and recovery in clinical trials for in patients with COVID-19.

However, the study’s small size and other weaknesses mean it does not offer a lot of helpful information in determining the possible utility of hydroxychloroquine, according to experts who reviewed the study. The study also tested only hydroxychloroquine alone, not with the antibiotic azithromycin. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahaelle/2020/03/25/chloroquine-use-for-covid-19-shows-no-benefit-in-first-small-but-limited-controlled-trial/#2b2101b64c86

Cool, got any more useless studies that offer no information?

Seeing a lot of anecdotes about NYC hospitals kicking up the use of this (such as in the comments on this tweet) and getting good results quickly. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Hey everyone, Trump said this could be a game changer, therefore to Cdub its a game changer, and if you don't agree you are a sheep.  Fock sake dude, get off Trumps nuts.  

I was a bit leery about Trump talking this up too much, like he might be desperate for an easy answer. But it sounds like China had figured this out too.

According to the doc I'm going to link to, it really should be reserved for high risk patients who are experiencing trouble. And not if they're already on certain other meds, particularly heart meds. It's a hail Mary before our high risk pop needs to be intubated. But it's great to hear it's (apparently, anecdotally) been saving lives so far.

23 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I am sorry if my post was aggressive towards you, that was not my intention.

But your post is my point, all of the "studies" are almost useless and offer very little information which is why i think we desperately need a double blind study with this drug.

4 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am sorry if my post was aggressive towards you, that was not my intention.

But your post is my point, all of the "studies" are almost useless and offer very little information which is why i think we desperately need a double blind study with this drug.

I haven't seen all the studies, but I know the medical experts including the doctor leading this whole battle have and they are suggesting this drug is a good course of action. Why are you fighting against them?

30 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I haven't seen all the studies, but I know the medical experts including the doctor leading this whole battle have and they are suggesting this drug is a good course of action. Why are you fighting against them?

I am not fighting against them, I am agreeing with them. Dr Fauci specifically was calling for medical studies, I did watch the press conference on March 19 when this was discussed.

The studies are needed even if it turns out to be a great drug. We need to know dosing information, when the drug should be given to people, etc. Maybe the drug is most efficient when given within the first days of symptoms, maybe it is only efficient when the symptoms turn worse, etc.

There are many answers that are needed prior to this drug being used correctly, even if it works.