Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Dem MI/NV governor bans malaria drugs for coronavirus patients

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am not fighting against them, I am agreeing with them. Dr Fauci specifically was calling for medical studies, I did watch the press conference on March 19 when this was discussed.

The studies are needed even if it turns out to be a great drug. We need to know dosing information, when the drug should be given to people, etc. Maybe the drug is most efficient when given within the first days of symptoms, maybe it is only efficient when the symptoms turn worse, etc.

There are many answers that are needed prior to this drug being used correctly, even if it works.

Then why are you posting bad information? information that even says in the article you are referencing that it's not reliable. 

It's very odd behavior.

25 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Then why are you posting bad information? information that even says in the article you are referencing that it's not reliable. 

It's very odd behavior.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was trying to post how I came to my opinion that we should be cautious as it is related to hydroxychloroquine.

I do think that doctors should use it because with the evidence we have now it is the most promising drug. However we really need some good double blind studies for a couple reasons, both to see if it is effective because if it is not that will allow us to move in a different direction and because if it is effective so we when to know to prescribe it and how much to prescribe.

22 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was trying to post how I came to my opinion that we should be cautious as it is related to hydroxychloroquine.

I do think that doctors should use it because with the evidence we have now it is the most promising drug. However we really need some good double blind studies for a couple reasons, both to see if it is effective because if it is not that will allow us to move in a different direction and because if it is effective so we when to know to prescribe it and how much to prescribe.

In a perfect World it would be nice to have 12 and 24 month follow up data to determine any long term side effects with COVID-19 . Thankfully the FDA has fast tracked everything and opened it up to physician’s discretion. 

We can worry about the dosage later. Safety efficacy for this drug is readily available since it’s been on the market for DECADES. 

With the world on lockdown, you have to be willing to be more aggressive than normal. I can’t understand how people don’t get that. 

3 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

In a perfect World it would be nice to have 12 and 24 month follow up data to determine any long term side effects with COVID-19 . Thankfully the FDA has fast tracked everything and opened it up to physician’s discretion. 

We can worry about the dosage later. Safety efficacy for this drug is readily available since it’s been on the market for DECADES. 

With the world on lockdown, you have to be willing to be more aggressive than normal. I can’t understand how people don’t get that. 

I do get that, specifically in the post you quoted of mine I stated that doctors should be using it as the primary treatment option. But what if it doesn't work, then we could potentially miss out on using other drugs. This is why we need real studies as quickly as possible.

For what it is worth, this looks like the path we are going down. There are multiple double blind studies that are starting up including ones for hydroxychloroquine.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I haven't seen all the studies, but I know the medical experts including the doctor leading this whole battle have and they are suggesting this drug is a good course of action. Why are you fighting against them?

Fauci is on record as recommending more trials.  He's also on record as saying people who need chloroquine should have access to it.  Both can be true.  

Read the article below.....not from the liberal MSM but from a respected scientific journal.  

3 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/insane-many-scientists-lament-trump-s-embrace-risky-malaria-drugs-coronavirus#

I think they are being more aggressive with using these drugs as a potential treatment given what we're up against.  What is seemingly being lost is that we still have to proceed with caution.   And people shouldn't be stockpiling it for themselves when there are others, whether they're afflicted with RA or suffering from Covid, who need it more right now.  Hoarding it creates shortages for people who really do need it.  That was the point of what the Governor of NV did. Not because dems want people to die.....which is a really stupid thing to say.

Just now, FeelingMN said:

Fauci is on record as recommending more trials.  He's also on record as saying people who need chloroquine should have access to it.  Both can be true.  

Read the article below.....not from the liberal MSM but from a respected scientific journal.  

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/insane-many-scientists-lament-trump-s-embrace-risky-malaria-drugs-coronavirus#

I think they are being more aggressive with using these drugs as a potential treatment given what we're up against.  What is seemingly being lost is that we still have to proceed with caution.   And people shouldn't be stockpiling it for themselves when there are others, whether they're afflicted with RA or suffering from Covid, who need it more right now.  Hoarding it creates shortages for people who really do need it.  That was the point of what the Governor of NV did. Not because dems want people to die.....which is a really stupid thing to say.

Why do people like you twist everything up? Of course, we should keep doing trials. Literally nobody said they shouldn't do trials. Why even bring it up? 

I'm not going to read your article because it's a clickbait title that could cost people their lives. "Insane" "risky" it says. You call that a respected scientific journal? Jesus christ man. Everyone accepts this drug seems to be working... well except that really good article MTSki posted that said it didn't work but then disqualified itself because their test was flawed and didn't have a good sample size.

What the actual fock is wrong with you people? 

19 hours ago, riversco said:

I agree but he is a white male.  That will not work for quite awhile I am guessing.  There is a lot of catching up to do.

7 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Hey guys check out my totally scientific link with little to no bias. If you disagree you're an idiot

http://www.liberalsarefuckingstupidcuntswhoarebrainwasheddickheads.com

I do not understand what I have said that has caused you to lash out at me, but I apologize. Our opinion on this is not even that different, I have posted that i think doctors should use the medicine now. When I posted my first reply to you in this thread I was expecting a thoughtful reply and not an attack. I did not think our views on the Coronavirus were that different since we were both some of the most active in the original thread.

I almost always make sure to include the shortcomings of what I read/post. This was why out of the 20 paragraphs that were in the article I included the one that stated that their were limitations.

I am hoping the trials will work, and that this drug is a game changer. Have a beer :cheers:

If you get the covid, will you ask for this drug?  I will.

But the government would never have death panels.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I do not understand what I have said that has caused you to lash out at me, but I apologize. Our opinion on this is not even that different, I have posted that i think doctors should use the medicine now. When I posted my first reply to you in this thread I was expecting a thoughtful reply and not an attack. I did not think our views on the Coronavirus were that different since we were both some of the most active in the original thread.

I almost always make sure to include the shortcomings of what I read/post. This was why out of the 20 paragraphs that were in the article I included the one that stated that their were limitations.

I am hoping the trials will work, and that this drug is a game changer. Have a beer :cheers:

That post was for MNfeelings. 

20 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Why do people like you twist everything up? Of course, we should keep doing trials. Literally nobody said they shouldn't do trials. Why even bring it up? 

I'm not going to read your article because it's a clickbait title that could cost people their lives. "Insane" "risky" it says. You call that a respected scientific journal? Jesus christ man. Everyone accepts this drug seems to be working... well except that really good article MTSki posted that said it didn't work but then disqualified itself because their test was flawed and didn't have a good sample size.

What the actual fock is wrong with you people? 

Well focking said. 

Like I said..some will never admit it but they dont want this solved quick. Deep rooted programmed hate doesnt allow their brains to function logically.  

23 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Well focking said. 

Like I said..some will never admit it but they dont want this solved quick. Deep rooted programmed hate doesnt allow their brains to function logically.  

No kidding fake news is jumping all over Trump because he HOPES we can get back to normal by Easter. Our leader is trying to be optimistic and give people hope they aren't going to die from China flu. Like you said liberals and Democrats want this to be as bad as it can be for political ammunition. 

19 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

No kidding fake news is jumping all over Trump because he HOPES we can get back to normal by Easter. Our leader is trying to be optimistic and give people hope they aren't going to die from China flu. Like you said liberals and Democrats want this to be as bad as it can be for political ammunition. 

Its despicable.... didn't some "scientist" predict 500k deaths for UK and 2 million for us only to revise his "scientific model" prediction for the UK down to 20K ? 

These people are sick. 

Good call by the governor. People are scared right now but you can’t have them stockpiling drugs that aren’t approved to treat covid. :thumbsup: 

On 3/25/2020 at 6:49 PM, riversco said:

Left

• Like 1

22 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

I saw some quick news clip on it and how "we may not know the side effects"

WTF are you talking about? This isn't a focking new drug.  Its been around for a very long time.  I think by now we are pretty sure about the side effects.
This doesn't make a lot of sense to me

27 minutes ago, MDC said:

Good call by the governor. People are scared right now but you can’t have them stockpiling drugs that aren’t approved to treat covid. :thumbsup: 

Or drugs that you need a prescription to get.  

Idiot. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Or drugs that you need a prescription to get.  

Idiot. 

Bad day? :( 

Just now, MDC said:

Bad day? :( 

Pointing out your stupidity is never a bad day. :wave:

5 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Michigan idiot governor who admitted on TV yesterday that she is just following what everyone else is doing, (because she has no clue) banned the drug.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/2020/03/26/opinion-michigans-doctors-fight-coronavirus-and-governors-office/2922272001/

:doh:

6 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Michigan idiot governor who admitted on TV yesterday that she is just following what everyone else is doing, (because she has no clue) banned the drug.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/2020/03/26/opinion-michigans-doctors-fight-coronavirus-and-governors-office/2922272001/

Time to chug fishbowl cleaner.

42 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Time to chug fishbowl cleaner.

Trump - Drinking water is good for you.

Media - Man drowns in a lake due to Trumps treacherous words

• Haha 2

Any werd on how these drugs are working in NY?

12 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Haven’t heard, so probably really good. 

Thats the thing.   I can't find shiot on it.

15 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Thats the thing.   I can't find shiot on it.

We are being gaslighted by the MSM. It is difficult to find the truth, by their design.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

We are being gaslighted by the MSM. It is difficult to find the truth, by their design.

I'm taking this virus as seriously as most if not more, but yes I agree we are being gaslighted.

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

Update?

Libs are still hoping it doesn’t work so people die and they can blame Trump. Disgusting people.

7 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Libs are still hoping it doesn’t work so people die and they can blame Trump. Disgusting people.

Libs didn’t believe hard enough. Gotcha.

11 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Yup any study that comes out that says it didn't work they jump all over never mind all the other studies that say it does.

It's pretty sad

Edit - Even if the study hasn't been published, I'd expect nothing less from the side that doesn't believe in science.

20 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

What’s the big deal?  No one is being forced to take it. Libtards shouldn’t ask for it.  I will if I start having symptoms. Bank on it. (So will libs). 

49 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What’s the big deal?  No one is being forced to take it. Libtards shouldn’t ask for it.  I will if I start having symptoms. Bank on it. (So will libs). 

Remdesivir looks pretty promising in advanced stage patients, I would like to see some more studies when it is given earlier.

16 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Remdesivir looks pretty promising in advanced stage patients, I would like to see some more studies when it is given earlier.

Shame on you for posting any positive data.  I mean, a month from now another study may be contrary to this post and all the people who don’t like you will rejoice.  Damn finding any good treatments.  All that is secondary to winning political and personal arguments. 

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Shame on you for posting any positive data.  I mean, a month from now another study may be contrary to this post and all the people who don’t like you will rejoice.  Damn finding any good treatments.  All that is secondary to winning political and personal arguments. 

So true. Trolls like MDCuck are only good for pointing fingers. Effeminate back seat drivers. 

Cons start thread accusing Dem governors of trying to kill people by banning the use of a drug later shown to not help covid patients.

Of course it’s the libs fault.