Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Why are people still hoarding toilet paper?

Everything else I could need besides disinfectant and paper towels is available. I still don't understand the toilet paper thing. I don't even need it, and it annoys me that the entire country decided the most important thing to own is toilet paper.... Why have people realized that food items will be restocked, but they seem to still think toilet paper production is coming to a halt? 

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Everything else I could need besides disinfectant and paper towels is available. I still don't understand the toilet paper thing. I don't even need it, and it annoys me that the entire country decided the most important thing to own is toilet paper.... Why have people realized that food items will be restocked, but they seem to still think toilet paper production is coming to a halt? 

I can't find hand sanitizer anywhere.  It's like it's vanished from the face of the earth.  No local stores and no online stores.  Not even business vendors for office supplies.  Amazon does have some odd stuff that looks to be from China but that seems counteractive.

Hoarding is unnecessary butt:

1. It is inexpensive

2. You don’t want to run out

3. It doesn’t go bad

4. Others are hoarding, so there could be a shortage at least for a little while

Plus, it is just one of the things people usually think about getting in any kind of emergency. It is not surprising that people are stocking up and given the above, it actually makes sense. There is just not much downside. 

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

This is simply mind boggling. I ask the same question all the time.  

1 minute ago, frank said:

Hoarding is unnecessary butt:

1. It is inexpensive

2. You don’t want to run out

3. It doesn’t go bad

4. Others are hoarding, so there could be a shortage at least for a little while

Plus, it is just one of the things people usually think about getting in any kind of emergency. It is not surprising that people are stocking up and given the above, it actually makes sense. There is just not much downside. 

So how many rolls do you have stashed in the garage and the trunk of your car so others can't get any?

Did the Walmarts where you live raise TP prices?  Someone just came in and told me they were selling the big packs for like 30 something bucks here and that Aldis was selling burger for over 9 bucks a pound.  I find that hard to believe.

Just now, fandandy said:

Did the Walmarts where you live raise TP prices?  Someone just came in and told me they were selling the big packs for like 30 something bucks here and that Aldis was selling burger for over 9 bucks a pound.  I find that hard to believe.

That would be an instant prison sentence for someone. 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

So how many rolls do you have stashed in the garage and the trunk of your car so others can't get any?

I’m not hoarding, I’m just saying it is not too surprising that people are. Other than a few dollars and a small amount of storage space, there is no downside. 

Just now, frank said:

I’m not hoarding, I’m just saying it is not too surprising that people are. Other than a few dollars and a small amount of storage space, there is no downside. 

There is a downside. It's stupid and harmful. It makes people crazy and want to hoard more when there is no need to do so.

I buy the 45 roll packages from Sams.  I just counted and I have 70 mega rolls.  I bought none for this pandemic.  That's just what I had on the shelf and pulled or what I had in the storage room.  

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I can't find hand sanitizer anywhere.  It's like it's vanished from the face of the earth.  No local stores and no online stores.  Not even business vendors for office supplies.  Amazon does have some odd stuff that looks to be from China but that seems counteractive.

Lebatard had some expert on saying soap and water is more effective than hand sanitizer.

Hoarding TP and sanitizer makes more sense than hoarding milk.  Some people are buying up like 8 gallons of milk.  You can only drink so much of it before it goes bad.

Just now, BufordT said:

Lebatard had some expert on saying soap and water is more effective than hand sanitizer.

I agree that washing hands is better but this is for my business.  Customers are not going to go into the bathroom before they do anything else.  The sanitizer on the counter helps a little at least.

34 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I buy the 45 roll packages from Sams.  I just counted and I have 70 mega rolls.  I bought none for this pandemic.  That's just what I had on the shelf and pulled or what I had in the storage room.  

pretty much in the same boat.  BJs run every couple of months..TP, paper towels and box tissues.  and the 40 oz Starbucks.

46 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Is your area full of retards?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Is your area full of retards?

Not full, but we have our fair share.  I think the guy who told me this was full of crap though.  I can't imagine Walmart jacking up prices like that.

1 hour ago, porkbutt said:

"people" you are referring to are retards.

Focking This! 

Simple case of monkey see monkey do in the social media age. Marketing firms are probably hard at work finding the next catalyst for their own products.

Methinks the hoarders would gladly return the paper but they are ashamed and stuck with it. Hand sanitizer and clorox are 2 things I can't find. I understand why. Not many people had this in their house and everyone bought a few. Toilet paper, I have no idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Hoarding TP and sanitizer makes more sense than hoarding milk.  Some people are buying up like 8 gallons of milk.  You can only drink so much of it before it goes bad.

I do not drink or buy milk but someone told me they are freezing it. 

I bought all the toilet paper in a 20 mile radius.  I want everyone to get swamp ass so they stay away from each other.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

The milk thing is starting to get on my nerves.  I have toddlers and I have to go to 4 stores just to find some damn milk.

16 minutes ago, nobody said:

The milk thing is starting to get on my nerves.  I have toddlers and I have to go to 4 stores just to find some damn milk.

5 hours ago, BufordT said:

Soap and water is more effective 

it’s a waste when someone washes their hands with soap and hot water Then uses hand sanitizer- which was happening all over. 

Hoarders are pieces of shiit... But that's society by in large 2day in general.

I hold the stores just as liable for letting it happen. 

12 hours ago, Bill E. said:

more retards, you can't drink frozen milk.  

12 hours ago, nobody said:

I bought all the toilet paper in a 20 mile radius.  I want everyone to get swamp ass so they stay away from each other.

Great idea. I'm going to get stinky to keep people away from me. 

You guys are missing the most obvious answer.  With people being sheltered in place, there is a ton of masturbation going on.  

CLEAN UP!!!!!  AISLE 4 !!!!!!

10 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Hoarders are pieces of shiit... But that's society by in large 2day in general.

I hold the stores just as liable for letting it happen. 

well like everything else you can blame retard liberals. if someone comes up to checkout with 20,000 rolls of tp, you should be allowed to berate them. there should be a retard penalty box and a shaming in front of all the public to see.

7 hours ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Great idea. I'm going to get stinky to keep people away from me. 

You make it seem like your not stinky as is. 🤢

Found my son hoarding some TP in the house. I wasn’t sure what was going on, but I saw he had a roll in his TV room. Found out that we most recently bought some one-ply (still soft and still Charmin) that wasn’t up to his standards, so he is hoarding the thicker rolls that are left. :lol:

The hoarding tells you how society will react if there ever is a real emergency.  And no, this corona stuff isn't a real emergency.  Play a real emergency through in your head.  Where does it end up? 

If there is a real emergency, it will come down to guns and bullets, not toilet paper. 

My local grocery had pallets of it in the aisle..no one seemed too anxious although flour and rice were still non existent.  I want to make some dutch oven sourdough bread I saw online.

I also want to make some fresh banana bread and try a few other things....dammit

5 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

My local grocery had pallets of it in the aisle..no one seemed too anxious although flour and rice were still non existent.  I want to make some dutch oven sourdough bread I saw online.

I also want to make some fresh banana bread and try a few other things....dammit

Exact opposite here.  Flour, yeast and other baking items fully stocked.  Still no TP.   

On 3/25/2020 at 3:13 PM, fandandy said:

And if you don’t believe that, number 12 will shock you!