Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

trump approval rating surging higher on coronavirus response

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

https://i.imgur.com/q0TeRbc.png

The liberal media is in full collapse.  The public is CLEARLY not buying any of the endless streams of attacks on Trump during the coronavirus.  The people are getting behind Trump.  This is amazing.  Nothing is sticking to Trump now. 

40 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Biggest lie ever. 

People value uniting in a crisis over the democrats trying to tear the nation apart.  You think trying to smear Trump works but it is burying the dems.  They see a democrat party trying to play politics during a crisis and it looks mighty ugly. Keep doing that and Trump and the GOP will go to 70% approval.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Biggest lie ever. 

Really? Ever? Bigger than WMD’s, and you can keep your doctor? What was the big downside of this “lie”? 

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Really? Ever? Bigger than WMD’s, and you can keep your doctor? What was the big downside of this “lie”? 

You forgot "I did not have sex with that woman." "There's no way Hilary can lose to Trump." and anything said during the Oscars and Grammys.

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Those are before his time.  He only started caring...oops, I mean paying attention...after Trump became POTUS.  

26 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Those are before his time.  He only started caring...oops, I mean paying attention...after Trump became POTUS.  

This.

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That was the joke.  Was making fun of the people that always like to use the "you can keep your doctor" for their argument.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That was the joke.  Was making fun of the people that always like to use the "you can keep your doctor" for their argument.

Pretty focking stupid thing to make fun of.

• Sad 1

Just now, Reality said:

Pretty focking stupid thing to make fun of.

Suck it up buttercup.  Everyone says stupid crap on here daily.  Just because I don't like Trump you think I can't joke around?  Bunch of focking crybabies when it's something that doesn't fit your agenda.  You're no different than the people at FGB.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Suck it up buttercup.  Everyone says stupid crap on here daily.  Just because I don't like Trump you think I can't joke around?  Bunch of focking crybabies when it's something that doesn't fit your agenda.  You're no different than the people at FGB.

It wasn't a joke, you aren't witty enough to pull that off. 

Cool story about FBG, not a member, don't care. 

HTH

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I missed the joke; I must not get humor.  :(

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

It wasn't a joke, you aren't witty enough to pull that off. 

Cool story about FBG, not a member, don't care. 

HTH

I thought it was funny.  Sorry you didn't like it.  Worse things get said on here daily.

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I missed the joke; I must not get humor.  :(

Must not.  It's ok.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I thought it was funny.  Sorry you didn't like it.  Worse things get said on here daily.

Must not.  It's ok.

Let's talk about the word "lie."  Liberals have watered it down like they have words like "racism" to the point where it has little meaning.  It amazes me how they have the emotional maturity of a little child when it comes to the subject.  For instance, if I tell my child we'll get ice cream after the soccer game, but the game runs late and we don't have time, he'll scream "you said we'd get ice cream, you LIED!!!!!"  Well no, I didn't lie, it was my intention to get ice cream, but sometimes circumstances change.

When Trump says you can get a test, that is his goal.  The extent to which it pans out remains to be seen.  But it isn't a lie.  When he says we will open things up by Easter, that is his goal.  Obviously the whole country won't be back like nothing happened, but even if some parts are less restricted, guaranteed there will be liberals screaming about how Trump LIED!!!!!

And for the record, Obama's "keep your doctor" statement was the same.  I'm sure it was his intention.  But the law wasn't written in such a way as to enable it.  Somehow liberals understand this when it comes to their Nobel Peace Prize winning drone striker, but they don't with Orange Satan.  :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Let's talk about the word "lie."  Liberals have watered it down like they have words like "racism" to the point where it has little meaning.  It amazes me how they have the emotional maturity of a little child when it comes to the subject.  For instance, if I tell my child we'll get ice cream after the soccer game, but the game runs late and we don't have time, he'll scream "you said we'd get ice cream, you LIED!!!!!"  Well no, I didn't lie, it was my intention to get ice cream, but sometimes circumstances change.

When Trump says you can get a test, that is his goal.  The extent to which it pans out remains to be seen.  But it isn't a lie.  When he says we will open things up by Easter, that is his goal.  Obviously the whole country won't be back like nothing happened, but even if some parts are less restricted, guaranteed there will be liberals screaming about how Trump LIED!!!!!

And for the record, Obama's "keep your doctor" statement was the same.  I'm sure it was his intention.  But the law wasn't written in such a way as to enable it.  Somehow liberals understand this when it comes to their Nobel Peace Prize winning drone striker, but they don't with Orange Satan.  :dunno:

I completely agree with you.  That's why I said it was a joke and it was making fun of the people who always use Obama's "keep your doctor" quote to defend Trump.

You mention maturity but I look around here at the posts made and I don't see it.  I thought that was kind of the theme here, say what you want because you can.  It's obvious that doesn't work if it's something about Trump.  This place is an echo chamber on the opposite end of the spectrum from FBG.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Obama was aware not everyone was going to be able to keep their doctor. They knew many doctors would not be part of Obamacare. It was a basic aspect of the deal. 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Obama was aware not everyone was going to be able to keep their doctor. They knew many doctors would not be part of Obamacare. It was a basic aspect of the deal. 

At some point, yes.  But as has been well documented, pretty much nobody knew what was in the bill when they passed it, except presumably the handful of people who wrote it.  It wasn't my intention to get into an "Obama lied worse than Trump!!!!" debate.  That seems childish from the conservative side IMO.  :dunno:

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

At some point, yes.  But as has been well documented, pretty much nobody knew what was in the bill when they passed it, except presumably the handful of people who wrote it.  It wasn't my intention to get into an "Obama lied worse than Trump!!!!" debate.  That seems childish from the conservative side IMO.  :dunno:

No, it’s just to show that your ice cream analogy isn’t applicable concerning Obama’s statement. It fits in other things he’s done for sure, but not this one 

38 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

When Trump says you can get a test, that is his goal.  The extent to which it pans out remains to be seen.  But it isn't a lie.  When he says we will open things up by Easter, that is his goal. Obviously the whole country won't be back like nothing happened, but even if some parts are less restricted, guaranteed there will be liberals screaming about how Trump LIED!!!!!

Wait a minute: When Trump said anyone who wants a test for the coronavirus can get one on March 6, that was his goal and not a lie? :wacko:

I agree that the Easter thing was not a lie, just a stupid thing to say. :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1

I’d like to point out that a thread about Trump’s approval rating going up was derailed by the first two posts to draw attention away from the positive news about Trump. 

Dems gonna do what dems do...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I thought it was funny.   :lol:

• Like 1

So politicians never lie as long as they have good intentions.  :lol:

Obama lied about keeping your doctor.  It's pretty well accepted at this point.

As for Trump....it's funny how he bundles his lies when he speaks.  Watch the clip of him saying anyone can get a test.  He then goes on to say how perfect it is.  Perfect.  Like his phone call to the Ukraine.  Not as perfect as that actually because that was absolutely perfect but the test was pretty damn perfect.  

He was then taken for ice cream after he visited the CDC.

• Like 2

The MSM is calling for his daily briefings on this virus to not be televised because it's making him look so good.  At the same time, Biden is a gaffe machine.  I would not be surprised if they find a way to put a different candidate out there besides Biden/Bernie.  Cuomo may be on the ticket 4 years earlier than people think.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

So politicians never lie as long as they have good intentions.  :lol:

Obama lied about keeping your doctor.  It's pretty well accepted at this point.

As for Trump....it's funny how he bundles his lies when he speaks.  Watch the clip of him saying anyone can get a test.  He then goes on to say how perfect it is.  Perfect.  Like his phone call to the Ukraine.  Not as perfect as that actually because that was absolutely perfect but the test was pretty damn perfect.  

He was then taken for ice cream after he visited the CDC.

I like ice cream. :dunno:

My buddy with TDS

"Trump is actually doing a good job handling this. I still hate him and won't vote for him though"

1 minute ago, Strike said:

The MSM is calling for his daily briefings on this virus to not be televised because it's making him look so good.  At the same time, Biden is a gaffe machine.  I would not be surprised if they find a way to put a different candidate out there besides Biden/Bernie.  Cuomo may be on the ticket 4 years earlier than people think.

It's funny the pool of comedy acts the left has to prop up for presidential candidate. It amazes me how many of their supporters are blind to it. 

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

My buddy with TDS

"Trump is actually doing a good job handling this. I still hate him and won't vote for him though"

That’s ok. Plenty of others on the fence will. 

1 minute ago, avoiding injuries said:

That’s ok. Plenty of others on the fence will. 

I was just shocked he could even admit that much. It truly is 1984. People know the truth but they continue to believe the lie.

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It was a video

It was Iran's money

I didnt know she had an illegal server

Shovel ready jobs

ISIL 

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I completely agree with you.  That's why I said it was a joke and it was making fun of the people who always use Obama's "keep your doctor" quote to defend Trump.

You mention maturity but I look around here at the posts made and I don't see it.  I thought that was kind of the theme here, say what you want because you can.  It's obvious that doesn't work if it's something about Trump.  This place is an echo chamber on the opposite end of the spectrum from FBG.

This place doesn't ban people to enforce an echo chamber, sorry.  Here you just have to be mature enough to tolerate other people's opinions.  That's why there are so few people on the left posting here.  They aren't mature enough to handle other opinions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, riversco said:

This place doesn't ban people to enforce an echo chamber, sorry.

You're right, it's member enforced instead.

• Sad 1

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

You're right, it's member enforced instead.

ROFL.  Members enforce nothing here.

1 minute ago, riversco said:

ROFL.  Members enforce nothing here.

What I meant by that is that members try hard to not make it very inviting for anyone with differing opinions to post here. 

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Well yeah.  That's definitely true.  It's hilarious how the two boards are at complete opposite sides of the spectrum

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Well yeah.  That's definitely true.  It's hilarious how the two boards are at complete opposite sides of the spectrum

I think that's just what happens when you get people who feel really strongly about certain things.  They split apart to be around more who support their opinions.

Calling it right now:

1.  The liberal media will barely cover Trump's rising approval rating.  It might get one quick blurb that gets buried fast (just so they can point to the article to discredit anyone who says it was *never* reported).
2.  Then later on, if it drops a few points, they will bombard the public with 348546743239 articles saying his approval rating is collapsing.

Happens every time. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, riversco said:

Calling it right now:

1.  The liberal media will barely cover Trump's rising approval rating.  It might get one quick blurb that gets buried fast (just so they can point to the article to discredit anyone who says it was *never* reported).
2.  Then later on, if it drops a few points, they will bombard the public with 348546743239 articles saying his approval rating is collapsing.

Happens every time. 

Nah. They’ll just come up with a poll that says what they want to hear 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Wait a minute: When Trump said anyone who wants a test for the coronavirus can get one on March 6, that was his goal and not a lie? :wacko:

I agree that the Easter thing was not a lie, just a stupid thing to say. :thumbsup: 

1. I would argue that it is not a lie.  IMO a "lie" presumes a reasonable possibility that it won't be detected.  For instance, I'm wearing a red shirt.  If I typed that I was wearing a blue shirt, that would be a lie, because it is unlikely that you would find out.  But if I stood in front of you and said I'm wearing a blue shirt, that would be something else.  Perhaps insanity?  Perhaps in context I'm thinking about some future event where I plan to wear a blue shirt.  Circling back, I don't recall the exact event you referenced so I can't examine the context, but I presume that Trump clearly knew that we did not have a test for "anyone who wants one."  So why did he say it?  I don't know for sure.  But part of it may be...

2. ... Easter was a brilliant Trumpian stroke.  Think about it -- if he had just said we need to hunker down and self-isolate the entire country for 3 months, that would set the bar.  Low.  Tests, vaccines, cures, treatments, PPE, etc. would move at that pace.  Instead he set an audacious goal.  Like I said earlier, we obviously won't be completely out of it by then, but there is an increased urgency.