Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

trump approval rating surging higher on coronavirus response

33 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

1. I would argue that it is not a lie.  IMO a "lie" presumes a reasonable possibility that it won't be detected.  For instance, I'm wearing a red shirt.  If I typed that I was wearing a blue shirt, that would be a lie, because it is unlikely that you would find out.  But if I stood in front of you and said I'm wearing a blue shirt, that would be something else.  Perhaps insanity?  Perhaps in context I'm thinking about some future event where I plan to wear a blue shirt.  Circling back, I don't recall the exact event you referenced so I can't examine the context, but I presume that Trump clearly knew that we did not have a test for "anyone who wants one."  So why did he say it?  I don't know for sure.  But part of it may be...

2. ... Easter was a brilliant Trumpian stroke.  Think about it -- if he had just said we need to hunker down and self-isolate the entire country for 3 months, that would set the bar.  Low.  Tests, vaccines, cures, treatments, PPE, etc. would move at that pace.  Instead he set an audacious goal.  Like I said earlier, we obviously won't be completely out of it by then, but there is an increased urgency.

On March 6, Trump said that everyone who wants a coronvirus test can get one. I guess you could argue that Trump either didn’t know that was untrue or didn’t care either way, in which case he’s incompetent and/or negligent. But in my universe, knowingly stating as fact a thing you know to be false is the definition of a “lie.” 

You seem to be radically redefining what a lie is like the libruls you were complaining about Jer.

:dunno: 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

1. I would argue that it is not a lie.  IMO a "lie" presumes a reasonable possibility that it won't be detected.  For instance, I'm wearing a red shirt.  If I typed that I was wearing a blue shirt, that would be a lie, because it is unlikely that you would find out.  But if I stood in front of you and said I'm wearing a blue shirt, that would be something else.  Perhaps insanity?  Perhaps in context I'm thinking about some future event where I plan to wear a blue shirt.  Circling back, I don't recall the exact event you referenced so I can't examine the context, but I presume that Trump clearly knew that we did not have a test for "anyone who wants one."  So why did he say it?  I don't know for sure.  But part of it may be...

2. ... Easter was a brilliant Trumpian stroke.  Think about it -- if he had just said we need to hunker down and self-isolate the entire country for 3 months, that would set the bar.  Low.  Tests, vaccines, cures, treatments, PPE, etc. would move at that pace.  Instead he set an audacious goal.  Like I said earlier, we obviously won't be completely out of it by then, but there is an increased urgency.

I'd think the fact that people are sick and dying while our economy is in the toilet would be all the urgency we need to get more tests, vaccines, cures, treatments, PPE, etc.  You think because Trump set a deadline.  :lol:

42 minutes ago, MDC said:

On March 6, Trump said that everyone who wants a coronvirus test can get one. I guess you could argue that Trump either didn’t know that was untrue or didn’t care either way, in which case he’s incompetent and/or negligent. But in my universe, knowingly stating as fact a thing you know to be false is the definition of a “lie.” 

You seem to be radically redefining what a lie is like the libruls you were complaining about Jer.

:dunno: 

You can damn well bet this guy can't recall the date of any time the democrats tried to divide the nation during this crisis.  Hint:  its every day.

13 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

I'd think the fact that people are sick and dying while our economy is in the toilet would be all the urgency we need to get more tests, vaccines, cures, treatments, PPE, etc.  You think because Trump set a deadline.  :lol:

If you are willing to share, what roughly do you do for a living?  I ask because you seem intelligent while having no idea how motivation works in the real world.  :cheers:

37 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

If you are willing to share, what roughly do you do for a living?  I ask because you seem intelligent while having no idea how motivation works in the real world.  :cheers:

Mental Health Worker

Now, do tell how setting a deadline for Easter is far more effective in creating a sense of urgency than having people sick and dying.  We have people around here sewing masks for medical personnel because they want to help.  We have distilleries producing sanitizer because they want to help.  There are people doing things to help those in need because they want to.  Has absolutely nothing to do with Trump's arbitrary deadline.  That's the real world right now.  

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What I meant by that is that members try hard to not make it very inviting for anyone with differing opinions to post here. 

Boohooohooo nobody will tell me what a smart little boy I am. Boohooohooo even though my globalist ideas are terrible for America and will lead us to our destruction you guys aren't supportive enough.

Either the ideas you are spoon feed and regurgitate here can stand on their own or GTFO.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Boohooohooo nobody will me what a smart little boy I am. Boohooohooo even though my globalist ideas are terrible for America and will lead us to our destruction you guys aren't supportive enough.

Either the ideas you are spoon feed and regurgitate here can stand on their own or GTFO.

I couldn't really comprehend the gibberish you just posted.

What ideas am I being spoon fed?

1 minute ago, FeelingMN said:

Mental Health Worker

Now, do tell how setting a deadline for Easter is far more effective in creating a sense of urgency than having people sick and dying.  We have people around here sewing masks for medical personnel because they want to help.  We have distilleries producing sanitizer because they want to help.  There are people doing things to help those in need because they want to.  Has absolutely nothing to do with Trump's arbitrary deadline.  That's the real world right now.  

We have people doing those things in AZ as well.  The benefit of the target date is at higher levels, to set up processes and procedures to accelerate timelines.  Easter will come and go and people will still be doing those things you mentioned.

Mental Health Worker doesn't sound like a deadline-driven vocation.  I'm in commission sales; they don't say "hey we really need more sales, now go!"  They say "you have 12 months to sell $7.8M worth of solutions, now go!"

• Confused 1

Annnnnd here is how the liberals report on this:   they say Americans are "divided".  You must go down TEN PARAGRAPHS into this story before they mention that his approval rating is the highest of his presidency. LOL.   60% of people approve of his handling of it is called "divided".  If Obama had 60% of anything, he'd be considered "widely popular'.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/americans-divided-trump-coronavirus-response-143626299.html

WASHINGTON – Americans are divided on President Donald Trump's response to the coronavirus outbreak, which has killed more than 1,000 in the U.S. and caused economic devastation, according to recent polls. 

A Reuters/Ipsos online survey of more than 4,000 Americans found 49% approve of Trump's handling of the COVID-19 crisis, while 44% disapproved.

Those results largely fell along party lines. Republicans approved of the president's response 83%-13%, while Democrats disapproved 71%-24%. Independents were split, 43%-43%. 

An Economist/YouGov poll also found that 49% approve of Trump's management of the outbreak with 44% saying they disapprove. And, as with the Reuters poll, the opinions largely fell along party lines.

Eighty-nine percent of registered Republicans said they approved of Trump's response, while only 7% said they disapproved. Among Democrats, 74% said they disapproved, while 21% approved. Independents were divided: 42% approved and 45% disapproved. 

Trump's opponents have sharply criticized the president's handling of the outbreak, which now has grown to about 70,000 confirmed cases in the U.S. They argue that the administration should have pushed for tests to be available sooner and that federal agencies should have been preparing for an outbreak earlier. 

The president, on the other hand, has given himself high marks for his response, particularly his decision to shut down travel from the area of China where the virus first appeared. He said that move saved thousands of lives. 

The Reuters and Economist polls contrasted with other recent surveys that appeared to show voters were rallying behind the president amid the crisis. A Gallup poll released Tuesday found 60% of Americans thought Trump was doing a good job of dealing with the pandemic, while 38% disapproved. 

And an ABC News/Ipsos poll released Friday found 55% approved of Trump's response, a 12-percentage-point improvement over the week before. 

Like the other polls, the Gallup results fell along party lines, but the survey found that Trump's job approval rating jumped 8 percentage points among independents and 6 points among Democrats from its previous poll. Gallup noted that was unusual for the president and attributed that climb to a "rally effect" often seen when the nation is in crisis.

And Trump's overall job approval rating has climbed in other polls as well. According to RealClearPolitics, his average approval rating is at 47%, the highest level of his presidency. Similarly, the polling site FiveThirtyEight has him at approval levels close to those he enjoyed during his first months in office. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The liberal media is also prepping its rank and file with talking points to mute any potential further rise in his approval rating, by promising it will "fall later on".

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/expect-trumps-approval-to-rise-then-fall-194902475.html

It’s not a fluke: As the economy goes into freefall over a pandemic President Trump trivialized for weeks, the president’s approval rating is rising, not falling.

Trump’s approval rating could have further to run, with the nation in the early days of a crisis and massive amounts of aid about to flow from Washington. But this early bump may not last, especially as the grinding reality of a deep recession sets in and Americans endure prolonged pain.

“If he were running for reelection in a few weeks, he’d probably win,” Bremmer says. “But it’s hard to imagine he’s going to be seen as successful over the next 3 to 6 months as he will over the next 2 to 3 weeks.”

So basically, the liberal media is already telling you it will ignore any future rise in his approval because "it may not last".  If it goes up 20 points, they won't report it because "it may not last".  After it goes up 20 points, then if it drops 5 points, *that* will get reported as a crash in his approval rating by the media everywhere.  Because that is proof that "it didn't last".  And they will tell you they told you so and look how smart they are because his approval rating didn't increase forever and they were right to tell you that.

You can bet that when Obama enjoyed good approval ratings, the liberal media wasn't discrediting it by telling everyone "it won't last".  Instead, Obama had high approval ratings, so you better get in line behind his plan or you are a bigot or racist or whatever.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/300680/coronavirus-response-hospitals-rated-best-news-media-worst.aspx

Gallup did a poll on how a number of institutions are handling the crisis.  Coming in dead last was .... the media.

The media got an approval rating of just 44% with 55% disapprove.  The next lowest was congress at 59% approve.

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a4ROE1w_700b.jpg

15 hours ago, jerryskids said:

We have people doing those things in AZ as well.  The benefit of the target date is at higher levels, to set up processes and procedures to accelerate timelines.  Easter will come and go and people will still be doing those things you mentioned.

Mental Health Worker doesn't sound like a deadline-driven vocation.  I'm in commission sales; they don't say "hey we really need more sales, now go!"  They say "you have 12 months to sell $7.8M worth of solutions, now go!"

3M is making N95 masks at capacity.  They started doing that before Trump's Easter declaration.  Ford is making protective gear.  They've been doing that before Trump said anything.  Companies are stepping up not because Trump made a deadline...hint, he didn't.  They're stepping up because there is such a huge demand due to corona.  

Maybe set a deadline to find a job.  :thumbsup:

44 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

3M is making N95 masks at capacity.  They started doing that before Trump's Easter declaration.  Ford is making protective gear.  They've been doing that before Trump said anything.  Companies are stepping up not because Trump made a deadline...hint, he didn't.  They're stepping up because there is such a huge demand due to corona.  

We've discussed this; local AZ distilleries are making hand sanitizer, etc.  American companies are stepping up, that's great.  You seem to think that I think nobody would have done anything if not for Trump's magical deadline... hint, I don't.

Nice dig by the way.  How did that make you feel?  :)

1 hour ago, FeelingMN said:

What a dik

1 hour ago, FeelingMN said:

That's what being in a capitalist system is all about. The government does nothing better than what the people can do if the people are provided the incentive to work in a free market with a small government running the country.

The government can't even run a DMV efficiently yet a lot of those running things want to control everyone's healthcare and keep everyone dependent on them in all phases of life.

Think of that when you are wearing your vagina hat on your way to the next Bernie Sanders rally.  

• Haha 2

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/26/as-trumps-poll-numbers-rise-media-begin-censoring-press-conferences/#.Xn05js_WWy8.twitter

As Trump’s Poll Numbers Rise, Media Begin Censoring Press Conferences
By Mollie Hemingway
March 26, 2020

When polls showed that President Donald Trump was receiving unusually high marks for his handling of the Coronavirus pandemic, the first stage of grief the media went through was denial:

[  twitter feed image of Sam Stein remarking that a poll shows Trump with a 55% approval rating for his management of the crisis to 44% disapprove.  Ron Fournier responds "WTF.  That can't be right."  ]

The political media have been working extremely hard to craft a narrative that the spread of the coronavirus was essentially the fault of the man they had blamed for all other ills in recent years. How could the people not accept that narrative, particularly considering that most everyone in the media was pushing it?

Things got worse when additional polls showed Trump receiving high ratings at the same time that the media received poor ratings. A brand new Gallup study — “Coronavirus Response: Hospitals Rated Best, News Media Worst” — was particularly bad news. When Americans were asked about nine different institutions and political leaders, they gave majority approval to all but the media. President Trump has a 22-point net approval rating while the media’s net approval rating was negative 11 points. The RealClearPolitics approval average for Trump was its highest during his entire presidency.

In response, the media were angry and depressed and began blaming his press conferences. Their theory seemed to be that the more Americans saw Trump, unfiltered, they liked him and the more Americans saw the behavior of the media, they didn’t like it. This flies in the face of what many in the media assumed for years. They pushed for daily White House press conferences so that they could have the opportunity to be on camera and pressure the Trump administration. Now that they had daily press briefings with the president, no less, they weren’t happy. It was a weird response for a group of people whose ostensible job is to simply report the news of the day.

This New York Times reporter began disparaging the public health briefings featuring some of the country’s top medical professionals:

Within a few days the groupthink had firmly spread. Suddenly addressing the American people day after day — the very thing the media had demanded for years — was a dangerous departure from norms:

[  Gabriel Sherman tweet:  Trump is literally turning all 3 networks into State TV.  Live daily campaign rallies.  Unprecedented departure from American norms.  ]

[  Noah Shachtman tweet:  NBC and CNN producers say are through airing Trump virus pressers.  "We might take it from the top and cut away after the first lie. and return when the lies stop."  ]

An example of what they called a lie was Trump’s discussion of a potential treatment for those infected with the coronavirus. The proposed treatment has not gone through extensive clinical trials for the Wuhan coronavirus in particular, although it well established in use for malaria patients and many doctors are hoping to continue its use for the novel coronavirus. While New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is so bullish on the treatment that he authorized its use in his state, he has not received any criticism from the media. The absurdity of claiming that Trump was lying about this promising treatment plan was topped by the media blaming Trump when one individual seeking to prevent infection ingested fish tank cleaner because it contained similar ingredients.

After spending months demanding that the White House reinstate press conference, they are now demanding he shut them down as his performance is going better than theirs.

The Washington Post, whose tagline is “Democracy Dies In Darkness,” demanded that the lights on the presidential press briefings be turned off.

[  Kyle Griffin tweet:  Margaret Sullivan:  the media must stop live-broadcasting Trump's dangerous, destructive coronavirus briefings....he's just using them as a substitute for his rallies.  Put him on tape-delay so journalists can counter his rush of misinformation.  ]

While Americans might not appreciate the media censoring the public health briefings, Sullivan had one fan in Communist China. Lijian Zhao, the spokesperson & Deputy Director General of the Information Department in communist China’s Foreign Ministry retweeted MSNBC’s Kyle Griffin, who had tweeted out in support of Sullivan’s censorship plan:

Ted Koppel told the New York Times, “Training a camera on a live event, and just letting it play out, is technology, not journalism; journalism requires editing and context.” 

While it’s true that good journalists will provide context, that’s precisely what’s been missing in their histrionic and sensationalized coverage of this global pandemic. They share aggregate numbers to inflame passions, they highlight poor performing hospitals and blame the coronavirus, even though the same hospitals were overwhelmed previously, they peddle faulty models that incite horrific panic.

What the media instead are realizing is that they have lost control over the filtering that they are used to providing. They seek to spin the news rather than simply show it and report it. And they justify their bias as being part of a higher calling in the journalism profession as opposed to a glaring failure.

The media that was able to push impeachment while the coronavirus spread throughout the world, that claimed concerns about it were racist, and that attempts to control its spread were xenophobic, now wants even more control over the message. Their plan to keep Americans in the dark about what the country’s top political and medical officials say unless it is filtered through a group of people who botched the 2016 campaign, the Russia collusion narrative, and the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing is a demonstration of something very dangerous.

They don’t want to report the news. They want to control it. That is damaging and destructive to their own already hurting reputations but, more importantly, to public health itself.

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What a dik

Well, he is a liberal mental health worker, so I expect him to kick me in the nuts when I'm down.  :thumbsup:

Honestly, what I think humans tend to do is test all ideologies presented to them.   At one point in the early 21st century, the public put their faith and trust in the republicans.  Then a few years later they put their faith and trust into the democrats.  In each case, the political parties were thinking the public was finally joining their side forever.  But its really a test to see what it looks like to be a part of either side.

Millennials were conducting this test using Bush43 and Obama.  The end result of this test really started showing up from 2016-2018, as millennials, like every single generation before them, began abandoning the democrat party and joining the republicans.  We saw support for the democrats fall sharply among millennials during this period as per this chart.

https://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/reuters_poll_democrats_losing_millennials.jpg

Now we're seeing it manifest further it a loss of trust in the mainstream press.

Pretty soon, liberals will be saying things like "once the millennial generation dies off, we can take control of this country".

Anyone notice Trumps popularity surge has resulted in networks not airing his briefings. Think about that. National media not covering a presidential news conference in the middle of a world wide pandemic. They would deny Americans and the world vital information because they hate a President and don't want to see him succeed. And some posters here are like that. Unreal.

49 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Anyone notice Trumps popularity surge has resulted in networks not airing his briefings. Think about that. National media not covering a presidential news conference in the middle of a world wide pandemic. They would deny Americans and the world vital information because they hate a President and don't want to see him succeed. And some posters here are like that. Unreal.

They are the enemy.  Anyone who doesnt see that yet has screws loose or are willingly on the enemies team. 

21 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What a dik

Yep a scumbag, he's one of those that wants it to get worse to ease his severe TDS suffering. Sick people. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, drobeski said:

They are the enemy.  Anyone who doesnt see that yet has screws loose or are willingly on the enemies team. 

We're getting back to that old question: why do democrats hate this country? 

They are tearing it apart at every opportunity.  And nowadays more and more people are starting to see it for what it is.  From Trump pressers to general pandemic articles to comic books to movies and TV shows, its plainly all geared to divide the public and make people hate each other.  And then on top of that if anyone (like Trump) calls them out on it, they say HE is dividing everyone.  And then you have cowards in the GOP like Romney that are so scared of backlash they go along with it.

• Like 1

There is such a sharp contrast in the presentation of news about this pandemic depending on what your watching. If you watch the networks or liberal cable news it’s all doom and gloom, end of the world, panic pieces designed to scare the viewer. They occasionally show something like people cheering for healthcare workers so it’s not ALL bad. 
Switch to any outlet that leans right and you’ll get news/stories/stats that show a glimmer of hope and a completely different delivery designed to calm people. You’ll also see every news conference in its entirety without cropped quotes. 
There are two totally different rooting interests on display. 

The thing with WMD, that has always bugged me... (we are referring to Bush, correct?)

The thing that has bugged me...  (and tell me if I'm off on this stuff)

Bush didn't go looking and say "Yep, I found them", right?

Didn't advisors of some kind TELL him "...we think they have WMD"

So then we bomb them in places where they may have them.

Then people start saying "Gee maybe they didn't have WMD"

Then Bush criticized by the libs for being wrong about them having WMD.

Imagine you are in charge, and your advisors tell you this about a country.

What if you do nothing and they blow up some of your citizens or another nicey nice country or whatever.

What would the libs say? "Well, you dumbass Bush, you were told they might have them, and you sat back and did nothing. Its your fault"

Is that what more or less happened with Iraq/WMD/Bush?

4 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

The thing with WMD, that has always bugged me... (we are referring to Bush, correct?)

What if you do nothing and they blow up some of your citizens or another nicey nice country or whatever.

What would the libs say? "Well, you dumbass Bush, you were told they might have them, and you sat back and did nothing. Its your fault"

No.  Neocons, who Bush held over from his father and Clinton, wanted a war with Iraq, or Iran, on 9/10/11. Always did. 9/11 was the excuse, and by what they call “stove-piping” the intel, an idiot was duped. There was no “they might have them”. They showed us pictures. 

11 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Well, he is a liberal mental health worker, so I expect him to kick me in the nuts when I'm down.  :thumbsup:

You said something stupid and I pointed it out.  Then you become all condescending and cry when someone snaps back.  Not very manly.  :(

Why do you guys always play the victim cards?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riversco said:

We're getting back to that old question: why do democrats hate this country? 

They are tearing it apart at every opportunity.  And nowadays more and more people are starting to see it for what it is.  From Trump pressers to general pandemic articles to comic books to movies and TV shows, its plainly all geared to divide the public and make people hate each other.  And then on top of that if anyone (like Trump) calls them out on it, they say HE is dividing everyone.  And then you have cowards in the GOP like Romney that are so scared of backlash they go along with it.

As mad as conservatives were 08-16, there was never this much attempt at dividing and outright sabotage by the media.  Their hatred of this man trumps destroying the country.

8 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

You said something stupid and I pointed it out.  Then you become all condescending and cry when someone snaps back.  Not very manly.  :(

Why do you guys always play the victim cards?  

I didn't say something stupid, you just disagree.  In fact I'm increasingly believing you are making no attempt to see my point whatsoever.  I think emptying too many bedpans has fogged your brain.  :(

1 hour ago, tubby_mcgee said:

By that logic, no President is ever responsible for anything. :dunno: 

Every POTUS gets some things right and some wrong. When you’re talking about invading another country, you’d damn well better be right. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No.  Neocons, who Bush held over from his father and Clinton, wanted a war with Iraq, or Iran, on 9/10/11. Always did. 9/11 was the excuse, and by what they call “stove-piping” the intel, an idiot was duped. There was no “they might have them”. They showed us pictures. 

The only thing I would add is that there were UN inspectors on the ground, exploring the suspected sites and stating unequivocally stating there were no weapons.  But otherwise, 100% spot on :thumbsup: 

13 hours ago, riversco said:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/26/as-trumps-poll-numbers-rise-media-begin-censoring-press-conferences/#.Xn05js_WWy8.twitter

As Trump’s Poll Numbers Rise, Media Begin Censoring Press Conferences
By Mollie Hemingway
March 26, 2020

So in your effort to show us how biased the media, you post an OPINION piece from The Federalist.   You really showed us.   :doublethumbsup:

20 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

So in your effort to show us how biased the media, you post an OPINION piece from The Federalist.   You really showed us.   :doublethumbsup:

Some of us hold CNN to a higher standard than the average poster here. But I can see why you don't. 

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Some of us hold CNN to a higher standard than the average poster here. But I can see why you don't. 

My nominee for "non sequitur of the year", well done, think you have a great chance of taking home the trophy. 

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

The only thing I would add is that there were UN inspectors on the ground, exploring the suspected sites and stating unequivocally stating there were no weapons.  But otherwise, 100% spot on :thumbsup: 

Its a pity you never hold Obama to a similar standard, such as asking why the hell was he firing missiles at Libya for 6 months when they never attacked us.  I could just imagine the fit you would have had if Bush did that.  That's the kind of thing that is helping turn millennials into conservatives today.  Millennials aren't stupid and see your hypocrisy.  They see you make sound criticisms of Bush's policy and think you're a good guy.  But years later they see you defend shitty policy from Obama and realize you don't give a about good policy, you are a partisan working to win elections and don't care who lives or dies in the process.

But your post of half-truths is what is expected of the left at this point.  Endless details into the missteps on the right. Ignoring the crimes of the left.

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

My nominee for "non sequitur of the year", well done, think you have a great chance of taking home the trophy. 

How many edits will it take?  :dunno:

23 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I didn't say something stupid, you just disagree.  In fact I'm increasingly believing you are making no attempt to see my point whatsoever.  I think emptying too many bedpans has fogged your brain.  :(

Thousands upon thousands of people sick and dying.  No sense of urgency.  The bar would be set low with regard to producing PPE, cures, tests, vaccines.

Trump issues a deadline that isn't a deadline....and voila!  an increased sense of urgency.  Get 'er done!

Maybe not that stupid....more like bigly dumb.

2 hours ago, FeelingMN said:

Thousands upon thousands of people sick and dying.  No sense of urgency.  The bar would be set low with regard to producing PPE, cures, tests, vaccines.

Trump issues a deadline that isn't a deadline....and voila!  an increased sense of urgency.  Get 'er done!

Maybe not that stupid....more like bigly dumb.

Cool, you still choose not to see my point.  :cheers:

What a doosh. Trump's own tweet:

President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...