Sign in to follow this  
Herbivore

Favorite Album - Metallica

Favorite Album - Metallica  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Metallica album?

• Kill em All
    • Ride the LIghtning
    • Master of Puppets
    • And Justice for All
    • The Black Album
    • Load
    • Reload
    • Death Magnetic
    • Hardwired to Self Destruct

I got into Metallica around Ride the Lightning when a friend made a mixed tape for me that opened with Fight Fire with Fire.  Was able to see the band with Cliff on the Master of Puppets tour.  While the post Cliff stuff is good, its not quite Metallica to me.  Best for me flips between Kill em All and MoP, will take Kill em All for this poll.  

No "St. Anger" choice?  I know it wasn't well received, but you got to put in it...  They have ten albums and there are ten choice you can put in a poll...

Toss up between Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets for me. ... And Justice and Kill Em All are a tier down. The Black Album is a big step down from those two. Nothing else should even be considered.

Not original but my vote is MOP. Battery, Master of Puppets, the Thing that Should Not Be, Sanitarium, Orion. Whole album is killer. It might be the best thrash album of alltime.

Too bad they’re dooshbags.

13 minutes ago, posty said:

No "St. Anger" choice?  I know it wasn't well received, but you got to put in it...  They have ten albums and there are ten choice you can put in a poll...

I'll add if I can...I tried to put 10 in for the Iron Maiden poll but it bounced the last one, so I thought that was the limit.  

eta...I don't know how, and St. Anger sucks anyway.  

Master of Puppets for me, with Ride the Lightning in 2nd.

Slamming through don't fock with razorback! 

7 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I'll add if I can...I tried to put 10 in for the Iron Maiden poll but it bounced the last one, so I thought that was the limit.  

eta...I don't know how

Ah phooey...

In the minority here, but Black album

Saw them more then any band (close to Allman Brothers) 

First saw Metallica on Kill ‘em All tour then next opening for Ozzy on MOP tour (think it was Ozzy Ultimate Sin tour)

Ozzy failed

14 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

In the minority here, but Black album

To each, their own :cheers:

MOP or Ride the Lightning for me...Then again, "One" is prolly one of my favorite songs by them, so mebba a half vote for Justice. Also, Their cover of Whisky in the Jar was fukkin epic ,so a half vote for Garage Inc..

What album was I Disappear on?  Just a single, right?  No matter, I loved that song, too. 

19 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

MOP or Ride the Lightning for me...Then again, "One" is prolly one of my favorite songs by them, so mebba a half vote for Justice. Also, Their cover of Whisky in the Jar was fukkin epic ,so a half vote for Garage Inc..

What album was I Disappear on?  Just a single, right?  No matter, I loved that song, too. 

Yeah. One is my favorite song of theirs too. 

44 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

On the soundtrack for one of the mission impossible movies

22 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

On the soundtrack for one of the mission impossible movies

I know where it was from, just didn't know if it made it on any of their albums.  Too drunk and lazy to search, Iguess :cheers:

Garage inc. album of covers. Does it count ?

spermoff. Favorite Metallica cover ??

Stone Cold Crazy

38 minutes ago, shotsup said:

Garage inc. album of covers. Does it count ?

spermoff. Favorite Metallica cover ??

Stone Cold Crazy

yeah, probably should have included Garage Days revisited.  The Wait, Breadfan, and Am I Evil?.

I went with a ride the lightning, though it just barely beats Master of Puppets.  Those two albums, from front to back, are ones that I could listen to without skipping, having my attention drift or talking to anyone.  That is pretty rare for me.

i agree with whoever said it’s too bad that they are massive dooshes.  Hasn’t stopped me from seeing them a bunch of times though.

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

yeah, probably should have included Garage Days revisited.  The Wait, Breadfan, and Am I Evil?.

Nah. As fantastic as it is. All covers. Almost as bad as including a greatest hits album. IMO. 

And Justice For All cuz One is my favorite Metallica song.

Kutulu hasn't chimed in yet? Is he dead? :unsure:

KILL EM ALL!!

I quit paying attention after Load. I voted AJFA, but any of the first four would be a great choice. I like Load better than Black. 

If Enter Sandman is your favorite Metallica song, you probably like Dave Matthews. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frank said:

I quit paying attention after Load. I voted AJFA, but any of the first four would be a great choice. I like Load better than Black. 

If Enter Sandman is your favorite Metallica song, you probably like Dave Matthews. 

Hey I like some Dave Matthews and my favorite Metallica song is For Whom the Bell Tolls.  What does that make me?  Bi?

4 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

Hey I like some Dave Matthews and my favorite Metallica song is For Whom the Bell Tolls.  What does that make me?  Bi?

Bi Blue 06

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Bi Blue 06

Kind of walked into that one I guess.

• Haha 1