Sign in to follow this  
Leeson

Does anything surprise or shock you anymore?

Just finished the Tiger King on Netflix. Although I found it odd, I wouldn't say I was shocked by the behavior. Then I started wondering if I've moved beyond being surprised by anything anyone does on this earth. People in China eat live bats,, while lots of countries don't have bans on bestiality. 

What would it take to truly shock you these days?

5 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Just finished the Tiger King on Netflix. Although I found it odd, I wouldn't say I was shocked by the behavior. Then I started wondering if I've moved beyond being surprised by anything anyone does on this earth. People in China eat live bats,, while lots of countries don't have bans on bestiality. 

MDC and HT having a beer together.

Digby actually got a 34 and/or is a doctor.

Newbie endorsing Trump.

• Haha 1

When all yer moms say "that couldn't possibly fit inside me" and then it does.  :ninja:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Leeson said:

Just wait.  Some estimates I've seen argue that it will just take 3 generations of people in Western Civilization that have no grounding in christian faith before they begin to accept murder as OK.  At some point in the next 30-50 years I expect murder to get decriminalized.  Cannibalism will get accepted later.  We've decided as a society to destroy the Bible and its teachings and are replacing it with nothing.  So before long there will be no moral code.

In some places in China, if you get into a car accident and some people are very injured and its your fault, you might get go ahead and murder them right there because the penalty for murder in some cases is less than paying for helping them.   But they have no christian background telling them murder is horrible.

Some areas in China eat human flesh ... of babies.  They have no christian background to ground them.

• Confused 1

Someone hasn't read their Bible lately. The so-called Christian faith Bible endorses things like infanticide, slavery, murder, you name it.

But four of the ten commandments are all about. Honoring and praising God.

And not a single commandment about raping or beating children.

Thank God we're phasing that nonsense myth book out.

Imagine...

It's 2020 and there's people who still believe the Holocaust didn't happen, that Bigfoots exist, that TP hoarding is only by liberals, the Lone Gunman theory..................and that's just on this board. 

So no, not much shocks me anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Someone hasn't read their Bible lately. The so-called Christian faith Bible endorses things like infanticide, slavery, murder, you name it.

Is that what you think?  You think people go to sunday mass and get lectures on how to kill people, kill babies, etc.  You are a wacko lol.

2 hours ago, riversco said:

Is that what you think?  You think people go to sunday mass and get lectures on how to kill people, kill babies, etc.  You are a wacko lol.

Pot kettle much? 

Every society on earth had prohibitions on murder long before Jesus of Nazareth (supposedly) walked the earth.

There is nothing special at all about Christianity from a moral standpoint.

The slave traders were raised Christian. As were those who killed the Indians. And the nazis. And the bolsheviks. 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/31/chinese-cannibalism-infant-flesh-outrages-world/

Remember, China is not a christian nation.  Murder is not an evil thing.  Eating babies is not an evil thing.  When Christianity gets erased from our culture, I'd expect these things to seep into the West too.

WASHINGTON, May 10, 2012 — China’s one child policy, baby trafficking, and sex trafficking of North Korean women aren’t the worst human rights violation happening in the country. Aborting innocent and healthy unborn children and eating them to boost one’s stamina and sexual health is. 

South Korean customs officials recently seized thousands of pills filled with powdered human baby flesh arriving from China. Since August 2011, South Korean officials have intercepted more than 17000 pills smuggled from China.

South Korean officials became aware of a horrific practice of eating aborted fetuses after Seoul Broadcasting System showed a documentary on Chinese doctors who performed abortions and then ate the fetuses. One Chinese doctor on the documentary took out fetuses from his refrigerator   

54 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Pot kettle much? 

Every society on earth had prohibitions on murder long before Jesus of Nazareth (supposedly) walked the earth.

The slave traders were raised Christian. As were those who killed the Indians. And the nazis. And the bolsheviks. 

Are you trying to tell me that people in western civilization did anything remotely similar to eating powdered human baby flesh?  If you are, you are crazy.  Don't even try to equate that because its laughable.

10 hours ago, riversco said:

Just wait.  Some estimates I've seen argue that it will just take 3 generations of people in Western Civilization that have no grounding in christian faith before they begin to accept murder as OK.  At some point in the next 30-50 years I expect murder to get decriminalized.  Cannibalism will get accepted later.  We've decided as a society to destroy the Bible and its teachings and are replacing it with nothing.  So before long there will be no moral code.

In some places in China, if you get into a car accident and some people are very injured and its your fault, you might get go ahead and murder them right there because the penalty for murder in some cases is less than paying for helping them.   But they have no christian background telling them murder is horrible.

Some areas in China eat human flesh ... of babies.  They have no christian background to ground them.

Then you won't be surprised if all this becomes the social norm some time in the future?

And none of us that read it here will be surprised either. 

What else you got?

10 hours ago, Cruzer said:

It's 2020 and there's people who still believe the Holocaust didn't happen, that Bigfoots exist, that TP hoarding is only by liberals, the Lone Gunman theory..................and that's just on this board. 

So no, not much shocks me anymore. 

i didn't say tp hoarding was only done by liberals. i said we can't berate those morons because of liberals.:D

13 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Sometimes when your mom sticks her tongue up my a$$, it is a little shocking.  :shocking:

Not sure why that would surprise you, you did it to her.

Reciprocity is a beautiful thing.

30 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Not sure why that would surprise you, you did it to her.

Reciprocity is a beautiful thing.

That was your sister.  Your mom must have been spying on us.  :lol:

43 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That was your sister.  Your mom must have been spying on us.  :lol:

I don't have a sister. That must have been my brother. 

11 hours ago, wiffleball said:

But four of the ten commandments are all about. Honoring and praising God.

And not a single commandment about raping or beating children.

Thank God we're phasing that nonsense myth book out.

Imagine...

Someone hasn't read their New Testament lately.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Pot kettle much? 

Just because someone calls themselves a Christian does not make them a Christian.