Buh bye baseball.  

Edited to remove prediction that football will be next 

Just now, supermike80 said:

They wont start unless 

1) No bans on mass gatherings 

2) No travel restrictions in us or Canada

3) Medical personnel certify there is no risk to public health

Buh bye baseball.  Football will be next

Football isn’t even postponing the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Football isn’t even postponing the draft. 

That can be done electronically 

I think football will go on even it it's without people in the stands. Too much TV revenue. But expansion to England and Mexico? This virus may have ended that.

1 minute ago, The Elevator Killer said:

I think football will go on even it it's without people in the stands. Too much TV revenue. But expansion to England and Mexico? This virus may have ended that.

Think the union might balk at making players play when its determined its not safe for the general public? How do you think that might go over?

Think the union might balk at making players play when its determined its not safe for the general public? How do you think that might go over?

The NFL has control over everyone in the stadium except the public.  We will have better tests, with results in minutes, by that time.  Test people a couple times a week, including Sat night or Sunday morning.  Why wouldn't it work?

3 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

And please, for the last time stop thinking about the money.  If the last two weeks dont prove that money is completely irrelevant then I dont know what to say.

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

And please, for the last time stop thinking about the money.  If the last two weeks dont prove that money is completely irrelevant then I dont know what to say.

I don't understand this sentiment.  You don't think the NFL owners and players care about money if it's safe to play?  Those people aren't the ones who shut the country down.

1 minute ago, Strike said:

The NFL has control over everyone in the stadium except the public.  We will have better tests, with results in minutes, by that time.  Test people a couple times a week, including Sat night or Sunday morning.  Why wouldn't it work?

If one player or person tests positive on their way into the stadium then what?

Does the player get banned?  Does the whole team?  How can you let the game go on if one person tests positive?

I don't understand this sentiment.  You don't think the NFL owners and players care about money if it's safe to play?

Omg. The entire world is focking closed.  Do you think the world cares about money?

I just cant.  I cant.

Yes of course if its safe to play, then play.  What???

If one player or person tests positive on their way into the stadium then what?

Does the player get banned?  Does the whole team?  How can you let the game go on if one person tests positive?

We'll have a completely different landscape by then.  I suspect infections will be rare by then.  You test to be safe but it would be surprising if anyone tested positive.  Heck, Sports was business as usual until Rudy tested positive.

Omg. The entire world is focking closed.  Do you think the world cares about money?

I just cant.  I cant.

Yes of course if its safe to play, then play.  What???

You just can't what?  You aren't making sense dude. 

Just now, Strike said:

We'll have a completely different landscape by then.  I suspect infections will be rare by then.  You test to be safe but it would be surprising if anyone tested positive.  Heck, Sports was business as usual until Rudy tested positive.

Well ok then duh.

If the virus is gone.  If there is a treatment then sure. I'm saying if current conditions...

Oh fock it nevermind 

Seriously man.  Do you think we're going to be in this same state in 6 months?  Look how quickly things are moving.  We're already testing vaccinations.  We've got numerous new treatments being developed and/or tested.  Things will be much different and safer in 6 months.  We can't stay isolated from each other forever.

Well ok then duh.

If the virus is gone.  If there is a treatment then sure. I'm saying if current conditions...

Oh fock it nevermind 

And that is the flaw in your reasoning.  Of course, you've had flawed reasoning pretty much since day one on this thing.  Still think the mortality rate is going to end up being 5%?

11 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

We are talking about the NFL. I don't have any money to think about. And your not the boss of me. :P

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

And that is the flaw in your reasoning.  Of course, you've had flawed reasoning pretty much since day one on this thing.  Still think the mortality rate is going to end up being 5%?

So back to my point.  You think if it is unsafe for people to attend somehow the nfl is gonna have a miracle cure or testing regiment that will keep them safe?

If you do.  Great.  

And I dont know where the mortality will land. 

Just now, The Elevator Killer said:

We are talking about the NFL. I don't have any money to think about. And your not the boss of me. :P

Ford, GM. NCAA.   Yeah they dont care about money.  Just the nfl does

Ford, GM. NCAA.   Yeah they dont care about money.  Just the nfl does

That would be correct. You seem a little stressed Mike. We all are. I'm just putting out my opinion. It wasn't meant to be an attack on you. 

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

So back to my point.  You think if it is unsafe for people to attend somehow the nfl is gonna have a miracle cure or testing regiment that will keep them safe?

If you do.  Great.  

And I dont know where the mortality will land. 

If nothing changes between now and when the NFL is supposed to start football will be the least of our worries.  I see progress being made on an hourly basis.  You don't apparently.  It must suck going through life being so pessimistic.

If nothing changes between now and when the NFL is supposed to start football will be the least of our worries.  I see progress being made on an hourly basis.  You don't apparently.  It must suck going through life being so pessimistic.

I see progress as well .I'm one that's all for starting up as quickly as possible. 

Because I care about money like the NFL does.

Guess it's just them and me though

5 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

That would be correct. You seem a little stressed Mike. We all are. I'm just putting out my opinion. It wasn't meant to be an attack on you. 

Wait.  Those entities dont care about money? Thsts what you're saying?

9 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

He’s been doing a lot of thinking and caring since this started, unlike the rest of us non-thinkers and don’t care-ers 

Virus just gonna go away cuz a few months have passed 😂. This is here to stay and so is the recession until we decide to just say eff it and deal with the losses. Ok let’s say we are declared safe in a month, everyone back to work yay...then all the mingling just sets off another outbreak...oops back to quarantine...rinse, repeat. 

Just now, tanatastic said:

Virus just gonna go away cuz a few months have passed 😂. This is here to stay and so is the recession until we decide to just say eff it and deal with the losses. Ok let’s say we are declared safe in a month, everyone back to work yay...then all the mingling just sets off another outbreak...oops back to quarantine...rinse, repeat. 

Pretty much where I’m at, unless the experts determine that it doesn’t do well in heat/sun.

49 minutes ago, Strike said:

Seriously man.  Do you think we're going to be in this same state in 6 months?  Look how quickly things are moving.  We're already testing vaccinations.  We've got numerous new treatments being developed and/or tested.  Things will be much different and safer in 6 months.  We can't stay isolated from each other forever.

I've heard that it will take 18 months for a vaccine to be ready.  Until then, they may need to keep the quarantine in place, even if new cases drop significantly, because people are not immune and reopening the world may cause a fresh outbreak.  If all of this is true, then we are down for 18 months.  We're looking at the next TWO baseball seasons being cancelled.

Just now, riversco said:

I've heard that it will take 18 months for a vaccine to be ready.  Until then, they may need to keep the quarantine in place, even if new cases drop significantly, because people are not immune and reopening the world may cause a fresh outbreak.

Treatments are being developed rapidly and we'll have much better testing.  We don't shut the world down to the flu just because not everyone gets immunized. 

Treatments are being developed rapidly and we'll have much better testing.  We don't shut the world down to the flu just because not everyone gets immunized. 

20% of cases get hospitalized.  We do shut down the world if the alternative means hospitals are overwhelmed.

6 minutes ago, riversco said:

20% of cases get hospitalized.  We do shut down the world if the alternative means hospitals are overwhelmed.

We're going to overwhelm hospitals by letting the NFL play games with no fans present?  I doubt it.  But let's be serious here.  We're speculating on something 6 months out.  By then, we'll have tried loosening the restrictions on movement and association that are currently in place.  We'll do it gradually and see what the impact is.  If it doesn't work we'll increase restrictions again.  But, as I noted early in this thread if we're still restricted in the way we are now in 6 months football will be the least of our worries.

They better play a half of season. The White Sox were about to make a run. Their young pitching is as good as it gets. Multiple promising young bats.