Sign in to follow this  
DC

FF board mock NFL draft?

I posted this in another thread, but thought I'd give it its own. Tried this a couple years ago here, but there were not enough people interested.  Maybe this time?

A great way to increase your NFL draft knowledge is to participate in a mock where you represent a team (or multiple teams) just like a GM.  You go on the clock and have whatever time limit the group decides to have between picks and a moderator or two who will track in a spreadsheet.  Picks are made in a Selection Thread and comments in a Discussion thread.

I do these every year on a couple of different message boards and it is a blast.  While pretending to be a team GM, you really hit the videos of many of these players and read all the profiles and opinions.  It becomes an obsession.  Anyway, I'm stuck home and if anyone wants to do this, I'll manage the spreadsheet and be one of the mods for it.

Ideally you get 16 people to GM 2 teams each.  Last year I did one with 8 people and each person took a division - 4 teams.

Here is a link to the one I'm doing on a Ravens board right now.  See if you like it.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15n6rRLjnZ5zMyuz3qPIsOfGwJhOM1pc9Cju-zsr_CM4/edit?usp=sharing

and here's one that is just wrapping up round 3.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wwnf7gYyC96sZR-BTkr7YVdUSeNeauxKMowyTAlPFDc/edit?usp=sharing

If your talking about ff, I would be in, but I really don’t care about it other wise. 

Good luck.  

On 3/29/2020 at 9:20 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'll do an actual nfl draft.

I want the Titans for sure. Would take other teams if needed. 

If I can get 16 people, then we can do this.  So far I have 6.

3 minutes ago, DC said:

If I can get 16 people, then we can do this.  So far I have 6.

I will warn you that I live in China, so from a time difference standpoint, I may be a pain in the ass. 

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I will warn you that I live in China, so from a time difference standpoint, I may be a pain in the ass. 

Just throwing out a possible solution, take Tennessee and the team that picks either before them or after, if available.  That way, you can make both picks at one time.

I would be in.  

Highly doubt 16 guys sign up.  Maybe shoot for 10 and we will need people to take 3 or 4 teams.

I know more about the Packers and Bills but I will take any teams.

I would be happy to indulge once again, but only for a max of four rounds. After that, I have no interest. If that works great, if not, no worries. 

Everyone home with corona and we cant sniff this thing getting started?  Yeesh.  Says a lot.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Everyone home with corona and we cant sniff this thing getting started?  Yeesh.  Says a lot.

We could do the first round right here, easily. If there are no trades the first 15 picks or so aren't hard. For Example: Pick 1- Joe Burrow QB. Pick 2- Chase Young DE. Pick 3- Jeff Okudah CB. Pick 4 is on the clock... 

14 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I hate to do this , but I just need to ask you a question, what does it say? 

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

It says that even at a time when there would be the most potential for interest, there's not enough interest.

I don’t. 

I think that was proven during the ff mock draft. 

As I recall there wasn’t much interest last season either, unless it’s a ff mock draft why bother. 

Also thanks for speaking for others, you must work for the government.  

On 4/12/2020 at 1:26 AM, weepaws said:

This forarm is dying.  Years back these mocks were easily filled and completed.  

Yeah I think so to, years ago, but the last few years it’s been pretty dry. 

But it was doing that ff mock draft. 

17 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yeah I think so to, years ago, but the last few years it’s been pretty dry. 

But it was doing that ff mock draft. 

The ff mock didnt even have set mockers.  It was just a free for all.  Its a shame people arent into this stuff ae much...I got time to burn right now.

I find it odd because more and more people get into fantasy each year.  Yet less turnout for this sort of stuff.