Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

2020 - The year that never was

I really hope that's not the case. Its depressing to think about zero sports. How are sports talk shows going to survive? That's all I listen to when I am in the car. 

9 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I really hope that's not the case. Its depressing to think about zero sports. How are sports talk shows going to survive? That's all I listen to when I am in the car. 

I have listened to Mad Dog Radio for several years.  It’s almost become unlistenable; there are only so many countdown lists i can take in a week.

18 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I have listened to Mad Dog Radio for several years.  It’s almost become unlistenable; there are only so many countdown lists i can take in a week.

You don’t like Mad Dog 2020? :dunno:

5 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Some of them are rebroadcasting old games.  Others are doing countdown lists.  Others are thinking of switching to general talk.  One station in Los Angeles was thinking of doing esports (video games). 

Esports might emerge as a big winner after this is done.  Its never had a better opportunity to grab hold of America's attention.  Although if every team is filled with asians, it likely won't work because people won't identify with them.  It is what it is.

If there isn’t going to be any seasons I’d say the best idea for baseball is to go ahead and give the Yankees another WS. They have so many that no one will notice. Sometimes I even lose track of how many they have. 

10 minutes ago, riversco said:

Some of them are rebroadcasting old games.  Others are doing countdown lists.  Others are thinking of switching to general talk.  One station in Los Angeles was thinking of doing esports (video games). 

Esports might emerge as a big winner after this is done.  Its never had a better opportunity to grab hold of America's attention.  Although if every team is filled with asians, it likely won't work because people won't identify with them.  It is what it is.

Yep, and esports just got approval for gambling in Neveda. 

If you guys are wanting to gamble just put your money on whatever team s1mple is on.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If there isn’t going to be any seasons I’d say the best idea for baseball is to go ahead and give the Yankees another WS. They have so many that no one will notice. Sometimes I even lose track of how many they have. 

it is double digits, so not surprising that its tough for you

4 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

it is double digits, so not surprising that its tough for you

Jealous. I get it. 

8 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Car?  I vaguely remember a time when I would drive places.  Feels like we're approaching Red Barchetta days.