Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Will NY be first area Quarantined?

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Sorry to break the sad news to you, but that is how triage works.  It isn't just run to the Feds everytime.  We pay taxes to have our local, county and state prepare so we don't have to rely on the Feds for everything.

What does the first letter in FEMA stand for?

2 minutes ago, Leeson said:

Sure it is. You just don't want to see it that way. 

Asking for more medical help and getting the offer of a quarantine are not the same thing. Even you have to admit that.

He did , and has been getting medical help. Why do you keep acting as if he hasn’t? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He did , and has been getting medical help. Why do you keep acting as if he hasn’t? 

If you deny what's actually happening and just yell "TRUMP!" you get virtue points.  The one with most virtue points wins.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

If you deny what's actually happening and just yell "TRUMP!" you get virtue points.  The one with most virtue points wins.

You keep coming back to Trump. Nobody had brought him up but you?

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I never said he wasn't getting medical help. My response was to Supermikes post where he stated Cuomo "the feds arent doing enough! People are dying!" 

He didn't mention Trump. He said the feds. They aren't doing enough for the hardest hit area of the country. 

That's my only point.

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Are you asking me or telling me?  I'm not sure.

Asking. Why you keep bringing up Trump. 

Trying to make this something that it's not. 

Is nuking the site from orbit on the table? It's the only way to be sure. 

36 minutes ago, Leeson said:

I never said he wasn't getting medical help. My response was to Supermikes post where he stated Cuomo "the feds arent doing enough! People are dying!" 

He didn't mention Trump. He said the feds. They aren't doing enough for the hardest hit area of the country. 

That's my only point.

Cuomo said the Office of the President has no jurisdiction for quarantine. So we are all on the same page with responsibility here. 

Just now, bandrus1 said:

Banning interstate travel is unconstitutional

Really? The SC has been 100% clear that the feds have jurisdiction over everything interstate. 

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Moving freely between states in not commerce

"

others."[11]

The U.S. Supreme Court also dealt with the right to travel in the case of Saenz v. Roe, 526 U.S. 489 (1999). In that case, Justice John Paul Stevens, writing for the majority, held that the United States Constitution protected three separate aspects of the right to travel among the states:

(1) the right to enter one state and leave another (an inherent right with historical support from the Articles of Confederation),

(2) the right to be treated as a welcome visitor rather than a hostile stranger (protected by the "Privileges and Immunities" clause in Article IV, § 2), and

(3) (for those who become permanent residents of a state) the right to be treated equally to native-born citizens (this is protected by the 14th Amendment's Privileges or Immunities Clause; citing the majority opinion in the Slaughter-House Cases, Justice Stevens said, "the Privileges or Immunities Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment . . . has always been common ground that this Clause protects the third component of the right to travel.")."

1 minute ago, bandrus1 said:

Moving freely between states in not commerce

"

others."[11]

The U.S. Supreme Court also dealt with the right to travel in the case of Saenz v. Roe, 526 U.S. 489 (1999). In that case, Justice John Paul Stevens, writing for the majority, held that the United States Constitution protected three separate aspects of the right to travel among the states:

(1) the right to enter one state and leave another (an inherent right with historical support from the Articles of Confederation),

(2) the right to be treated as a welcome visitor rather than a hostile stranger (protected by the "Privileges and Immunities" clause in Article IV, § 2), and

(3) (for those who become permanent residents of a state) the right to be treated equally to native-born citizens (this is protected by the 14th Amendment's Privileges or Immunities Clause; citing the majority opinion in the Slaughter-House Cases, Justice Stevens said, "the Privileges or Immunities Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment . . . has always been common ground that this Clause protects the third component of the right to travel.")."

Thos was right before. 

The Supreme Court has specifically ruled that Crandall does not imply a right to use any particular mode of travel, such as driving an automobile. In Hendrick v. Maryland (1915), the appellant asked the Court to void Maryland's motor vehicle statute as a violation of the freedom of movement. The Court found "no solid foundation" for the appellant's argument and unanimously held that "in the absence of national legislation covering the subject, a state may rightfully prescribe uniform regulations necessary for public safety and order in respect to the operation upon its highways of all motor vehicles — those moving in interstate commerce as well as others."[11]

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Thos was right before. 

The Supreme Court has specifically ruled that Crandall does not imply a right to use any particular mode of travel, such as driving an automobile. In Hendrick v. Maryland (1915), the appellant asked the Court to void Maryland's motor vehicle statute as a violation of the freedom of movement. The Court found "no solid foundation" for the appellant's argument and unanimously held that "in the absence of national legislation covering the subject, a state may rightfully prescribe uniform regulations necessary for public safety and order in respect to the operation upon its highways of all motor vehicles — those moving in interstate commerce as well as others."[11]

It does not protect mode of transportation but to flat out ban crossing a state boarder is protected against. I'd say it is pretty clear the federal government can not simply ban you from entering another state

7 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

It does not protect mode of transportation but to flat out ban crossing a state boarder is protected against

I get that the states cannot stop anyone. I still don't see where the Feds come in your clause. I think the commerce clause is the applicable one here.  They have jurisdiction over travel. Even your link implies that.

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I get that the states cannot stop anyone. I still don't see where the Feds come in your clause. I think the commerce clause is the applicable one here.  They have jurisdiction over travel. Even your link implies that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Guest

I'm not a lawyer but I believe state to state travel has been ruled a protected Constitutional right in a number of cases

Just now, bandrus1 said:

I am not saying I disagree with you. I am saying when the feds want to stop something  they invoke the commerce clause. And it works  every time.  The federal prohibition on marijuana comes from the commerce clause. It's very clear to me it would be invoked here. If it ever came to it. I cannot imagine there will be a prohibition on travel. 

Feb. 2, 2020

Oxiris Barbot, New York City Health Commissioner: The risk to New Yorkers for coronavirus is low and our preparedness as a city is very high. There is no reason not to take the subway, not to take the bus, not to go out to your favorite restaurant, and certainly not to miss the parade next Sunday. I'm going to be there.

1 minute ago, Baker Boy said:

Feb. 2, 2020

Oxiris Barbot, New York City Health Commissioner: The risk to New Yorkers for coronavirus is low and our preparedness as a city is very high. There is no reason not to take the subway, not to take the bus, not to go out to your favorite restaurant, and certainly not to miss the parade next Sunday. I'm going to be there.

Lay off Oxi. She comes with impeccable credentials. She’s a Latina after all. I was informed of that before I knew where she went to medical school or even what kind of doctor she was.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lay off Oxi. She comes with impeccable credentials. She’s a Latina after all. I was informed of that before I knew where she went to medical school or even what kind of doctor she was.  

SHAME!!!  SHAME!!!! Progressive foul!!!  Nowadays you need to say "Latinx" in order to not imply the lie that is biological gender!

Just now, DonS said:

SHAME!!!  SHAME!!!! Progressive foul!!!  Nowadays you need to say "Latinx" in order to not imply the lie that is biological gender!

Oh yeah. I forgot! Still don’t know where she went to school though.  

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh yeah. I forgot! Still don’t know where she went to school though.  

Barbot graduated from Yale University and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey

took.all of 30 seconds

5 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Barbot graduated from Yale University and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey

took.all of 30 seconds

Never heard of it. You? Seems I should have known that before being informed she was a  Latina, no?  We both know her being a Latina was more important than what kind of doctor she was. After all, it’s the first line in her bio. Woo-hooo! 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Never heard of it. You? Seems I should have known that before being informed she was a  Latina, no?  We both know her being a Latina was more important than what kind of doctor she was. After all, it’s the first line in her bio. Woo-hooo! 

I mean a quick search says it's Rutgers medical and dental school. I dont really care about it one way or another 

6 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

I mean a quick search says it's Rutgers medical and dental school. I dont really care about it one way or another 

Neither do the people that hired her. She’s obviously incompetent and not very bright. 

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Trump wants to try to quarantine New York, I got two words for him.

Snake Plisken.

It's ok. He already got called an idiot and told he can't do it

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Trump wants to try to quarantine New York, I got two words for him.

Snake Plisken.

I heard of you. Heard you were dead. 

8 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

It's ok. He already got called an idiot and told he can't do it

He can do it. He can easily do it.  He chose not too.  

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He can do it. He can easily do it.  He chose not too.  

Already been over the legality of it. Can't do it

Already been over the legality of it. Can't do it

Keep telling yourself that. Let’s try this, let’s make believe it’s Ebola. You know, the one where you bleed out of your eyes and die instantly. Think he couldn’t shut down a geographic area then? Yeah, I thought so.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Keep telling yourself that. Let’s try this, let’s make believe it’s Ebola. You know, the one where you bleed out of your eyes and die instantly. Think he couldn’t shut down a geographic area then? Yeah, I thought so.  

He backed right down when legally threatened. He is a big talker but got put in his place

Constitution wins again

He backed right down when legally threatened. He is a big talker but got put in his place

Constitution wins again

Do you honestly believe that if we ever had a serious enough pandemic that the government would not be allowed per the constitution to stop interstate travel in an attempt to slow its spread?

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Do you honestly believe that if we ever had a serious enough pandemic that the government would not be allowed per the constitution to stop interstate travel in an attempt to slow its spread?

Only if some feminized, cuck approved libtard is the president. If it’s Trump, people will just have to die.  

10 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Quomo:  the feds arent doing enough! People are dying!

Feds: we might have to quarantine to save lives

Quomo: TYRANNY!!

you cant make this crap up

I have to say, I am quite disappointed with how America has handled this. I naively half expected a coming together, something like what happened after 911.

Instead it's been a totally selfish sh!t show with a heaping side of partisan bullish!t. 

It appears that it's about to get very ugly over there. Hope to God they get it under control fast. 

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I have to say, I am quite disappointed with how America has handled this. I naively half expected a coming together, something like what happened after 911.

Instead it's been a totally selfish sh!t show with a heaping side of partisan bullish!t. 

It appears that it's about to get very ugly over there. Hope to God they get it under control fast. 

Having lived through and seen firsthand the Chinese response, they aren't doing anywhere near what was done here. Hopefully what they ARE doing is effective.

When Wuhan (and the whole of Hubei) were quarantined, it was January 21st and done in the dumbest way possible: "hey everybody, since our city is a sh*tshow contaminated by an out of control disease that has people dying in the streets, we're going to ban everybody from exiting from the city in twelve hours." If when a place gets shut down, just shut it down. The lady responsible for 14/15 of Panzhihua's infections was one of those January 21st Hubei evacuating people. I DO NOT blame her for leaving, if your city is contaminated and you're told you have twelve hours to get out, you get out. That's the natural response. Who would want to stay?

What aggravates me is that she came here and didn't put herself in quarantine, intentionally/deliberately avoided it, and so she infected thirteen more of her family and friends that way and potentially the whole city.