What sport do you miss the most?

Which sport do you miss the most?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do you miss the most?

• NBA
    • March Madness / NCAA b-ball
    • NHL
    • MLB
    • Other (MLS / premier league, Masters, Olympics etc.)

I’m a big NBA fan but no baseball / opening day delayed is the worst. :( 

Baseball then hockey...

March Madness as long as WVU is still in it...

After that, no need for soccer, NBA, MLS, golf, etc...

I voted March Madness.  Second for me currently is the NBA.  I love watching the Pistons and also looked forward to the NBA playoffs this year.  My favorite event the past few years though is the Tour de France.  That's not until July so I'm hoping it doesn't get canceled.  

Baseball. Miss it for fantasy no matter what, but the Yankees figured to dominate now that Houston and Boston lost their “edge”.  

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Baseball easily, season should just be starting

:first:

How is NYC going to get all their criminals to show up for court if the Mets games are all canceled? 

• Haha 1

Baseball is a billion miles past every other sport.  I go to many games every year.  I visit other cities to see games in other parks because the sport is a little different in every park and the parks are stunningly beautiful in some cases.  Every NBA arena and NFL stadium is basically the same.    When you know the sport, there is a lot going on to keep track of. 

Someday I hope to catch a foul ball.  I came close once.  I was in the lower deck and it was drifting my way.  I got right under it.  But it kept drifting and landed like 1-2 rows into the upper deck. 

49 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Baseball. Miss it for fantasy no matter what, but the Yankees figured to dominate now that Houston and Boston lost their “edge”.  

Beltransayswhat?  

March Madness for me, been getting together with the same group for over 10 years for the 1st weekend.  and then the NBA, the playoffs are great, hope we get em.  

20 minutes ago, riversco said:

Baseball is a billion miles past every other sport.  I go to many games every year.  I visit other cities to see games in other parks because the sport is a little different in every park and the parks are stunningly beautiful in some cases.  Every NBA arena and NFL stadium is basically the same.    When you know the sport, there is a lot going on to keep track of. 

Someday I hope to catch a foul ball.  I came close once.  I was in the lower deck and it was drifting my way.  I got right under it.  But it kept drifting and landed like 1-2 rows into the upper deck. 

Where do you live / what’s your team?

I had tickets to go to see the Phillies and walk the field with my son & his Cub Scout troop in April. Bummer. I haven’t gone to an MLB game in years.

18 minutes ago, riversco said:

Even as sh1tty as M's have and will forever be, nothing beats a sunny day at the ballpark.  Taking off work for a midweek day game is the best.  Nice thing about Safeco (oops, I mean T-mobile Park) is I usually buy "cheapest" tix and then simply watch from different spots on the concourse as everything is wide open.  An inning or two in left/center over the bullpens, then near third, and finally behind home plate.  All while paying out the azz for craft beer.

I was lucky enough to be back east for work when M's were playing Nationals so I caught a couple games at their ballpark. 

All told I voted for MLS because I'm a flaming homosexual season ticket holder for Sounders matches and I miss going to CenturyLink for games. 

Just now, DonS said:

Even as sh1tty as M's have and will forever be, nothing beats a sunny day at the ballpark.  Taking off work for a midweek day game is the best.  Nice thing about Safeco (oops, I mean T-mobile Park) is I usually buy "cheapest" tix and then simply watch from different spots on the concourse as everything is wide open.  An inning or two in left/center over the bullpens, then near third, and finally behind home plate.  All while paying out the azz for craft beer.

I was lucky enough to be back east for work when M's were playing Nationals so I caught a couple games at their ballpark. 

All told I voted for MLS because I'm a flaming homosexual season ticket holder for Sounders matches and I miss going to CenturyLink for games. 

I was at Safeco about ten -twelve years ago. Real nice place, nice people. Went into some sort of video thing they had set up and it was about the 1995 wildcard. People were real nice. My friends and I couldn’t believe they had ushers that stopped you from going to your seat until the at bat was over. Very cool. Hot dog alley was great too. Saw a night game and a sunny Saturday game. Everyone kept saying how lucky we were. 

March Madness, the first week of the tournament is the best sports week on the calendar. Getting together with buddies and watching the games, it doesn't get any better than that. Been doing it for 20 years with the same 20 or so dudes, phenomenal every year.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I was at Safeco about ten -twelve years ago. Real nice place, nice people. Went into some sort of video thing they had set up and it was about the 1995 wildcard. People were real nice. My friends and I couldn’t believe they had ushers that stopped you from going to your seat until the at bat was over. Very cool. Hot dog alley was great too. Saw a night game and a sunny Saturday game. Everyone kept saying how lucky we were. 

Oh yeah, those old fockers that work as ushers take their job very seriously.  Won't even let you move down when there are a sh1t load of empty seats.  Holding people up until there's a break between batters is nice though. 

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Oh yeah, those old fockers that work as ushers take their job very seriously.  Won't even let you move down when there are a sh1t load of empty seats.  Holding people up until there's a break between batters is nice though. 

The air and space museum was fantastic too. Checking out an Air Force one and one of the concords was great. Highly recommend. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The air and space museum was fantastic too. Checking out an Air Force one and one of the concords was great. Highly recommend. 

Yeah, museum at Boeing Field is pretty cool.  Did a sleepover there years and years ago when my son was in scouts. 

with flyers looked to be playoff bound...hockey. nothing like nhl playoffs when your teams in it. 

i think we’ll get baseball and football. fock sixers. 

17 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

with flyers looked to be playoff bound...hockey. nothing like nhl playoffs when your teams in it. 

i think we’ll get baseball and football. fock sixers. 

I was all set to jump hard on the Flyer bandwagon.

Sixers have been a massive disappointment. :thumbsdown: 

• Haha 1

MLB.  Wife and I have (had) a tradition we started about 5 years ago where we go to Opening Day.  Usually we get a hotel downtown and make a staycation out of it.  We also had good tickets for Father's Day, and a pack that gave us nosebleeds to every home game in April and May for like a nickel.  :(

Definitely March Madness.  I was supposed to go to Vegas for a week, coming back the day after the final NCAA tournament game.  Never been in Vegas on final four weekend but I'm pretty damn sure it would have been epic.  :(

5 hours ago, fandandy said:

I voted March Madness.  Second for me currently is the NBA.  I love watching the Pistons and also looked forward to the NBA playoffs this year.  My favorite event the past few years though is the Tour de France.  That's not until July so I'm hoping it doesn't get canceled.  

It'll be pretty boring if the riders have to stay six feet ahead and behind each other.  😏

8 minutes ago, Mookz said:

It'll be pretty boring if the riders have to stay six feet ahead and behind each other.  😏

:D  That's in July though so fingers crossed.  

It took Corona to make people miss baseball. :D

Golf in general for sure. No Masters may send me over the edge. 

Terps had a small shot at the NCAA. Caps had a real shot at the Stanley Cup. Still  miss baseball most.

NFL...  Been almost 2 months since if seen a game! 

• Confused 1

I voted for college basketball, but really NBA or college are the same for me.  I was making a ton of money betting on them, and I was counting on another month of it at least.

I miss sport focking. Have a monogomous relationship right now and am missing the strange. ☹️

When you are missing your favorite sport, just remember the Chinese did this. Every time you see a person that looks like they could be Chinese in public, let them know they are not welcome anymore.