vuduchile

On a scale of 1-10, How worried are you?

All things considered, how worried are you about yourself and your family’s well being and future right now? 

I’d put myself at a solid 6.   

We’re doing what we’ve been told to.  Staying home, etc.   But I see so many people who aren’t.  

I thought we were pretty well stocked up but we’re going thru the food faster than I anticipated.   

I’ll probably have to make another run to the grocery store in a couple weeks.   That feels risky at this point, but things are changing daily.  

We’re all healthy right now, so that’s a plus.  

About a 2 and that's driven by the possibility of long term impacts from the economic shut down.

• Like 1

The problem is gonna be convincing people to stay home once the numbers start to come down.

• Like 2

Same here, 6.  Never realized how much fruit my kids eat. My wife has some masks and gloves and is much younger than me so she will be heading out sometime this week. She’s doing half days at work so no sense in both of us going out. Just to get out of the house I do get a coffee at the drive thru everyday. Use the hand gel when I’m done. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

The problem is gonna be convincing people to stay home once the numbers start to come down.

And the weather blooms.... Sunny and 80 degrees out - good luck getting folks to stay quarantined.

I''m probably at a 2, and that comes mostly for my parents. 

18 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

4 right now. Concerned about parents and older people in general. 

I just turned 56 last weekend and my MIL who’s living with us is 71. 

My parents are in their 70’s too and on their own in different states.  They have to do all their shopping and errands by themselves.   

My dad especially is high risk.  He has a pacemaker.   

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Same here, 6.  Never realized how much fruit my kids eat. My wife has some masks and gloves and is much younger than me so she will be heading out sometime this week. She’s doing half days at work so no sense in both of us going out. Just to get out of the house I do get a coffee at the drive thru everyday. Use the hand gel when I’m done. 

Really blowing through the fruit here too.   

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Really blowing the fruits around here too.   

:shocking:

• Like 1

Worried - 2 I think the virus is bad, but can be treated

Pissed off - 6 I focking hate people to include Michigan government. I'm seeing people leaving gloves and sh1t on the ground after they go shopping. I'm seeing people lecture about staying home and then 20 minutes later post how they are standing in line for ice cream. I just want this over I want our medical community to get a break and I want people to just sit their fat azz at home.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Really blowing through the fruit here too.   

Yeah. Hope it doesn’t get scarce. They subsist on chicken nuggets and yogurt Besides the fruit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. Hope it doesn’t get scarce. They subsist on chicken nuggets and yogurt Besides the fruit. 

My oldest is finally starting to expand his horizons.   He actually cooked dinner tonight with my supervision.  

He somehow got the idea to make chicken with a balsamic glaze over pasta   

It was actually damned good.  

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My wife has some masks and gloves and is much younger than me so she will be heading out sometime this week. She’s doing half days at work so no sense in both of us going out.

:lol:  This made me laugh.

I don't know where I'm at right now fear wise.  Less scared than a week or two ago but maybe that's a bad thing?  Maybe I'm not as scared as I should be now.  I'm prolly at a five I guess.   

11 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

My oldest is finally starting to expand his horizons.   He actually cooked dinner tonight with my supervision.  

I have a chicken breast marinating in a white balsamic vinaigrette as we speak.  I plan on cooking it on the grill tomorrow with some mesquite wood chips and then BBQ sauce.  I made it a cpl weeks ago and my daughter loved it so hopefully, it turns out again.

• Like 1

I'd say a 7, considering I will be treating COVID patients on a daily basis and the buyer for my old condo is a 75 yo who needs to stay healthy for the next 5 weeks until the deal is closed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

I'd say a 7, considering I will be treating COVID patients on a daily basis and the buyer for my old condo is a 75 yo who needs to stay healthy for the next 5 weeks until the deal is closed.

I want to say thank you.  You guys are the true heroes right now.  I hope you are being shown appreciation in real life.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

7.  I have a kid with asthma. We are going on day 16 of isolation and it's gonna be April 13th but probably may 1st before Michigans shelter in place order is lifted. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

My wife makes that but with some tomatoes as well. It is good. 

• Like 1

I fear that we're changed irrevocably. 

Throughout history, there are certain Seminal moments where society takes a giant leap or alters course permanently. I think this is one of them.

Not awful doomsday. But things that were fringe trends have or will become deriguerre.

...and life will suck just a little bit more.

Maybe a 4. I am scared for the economy, but we will get through this. I am worried for my parents and some friends that have health issues. 

I was at a 6 and then I killed a looter, so it put my mind at ease.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

You’re on the front lines on Detroit right?   Best wishes man.  

We are taking pretty good precautions. I have only left the house twice in the past 2 weeks, both times to go to the grocery store late at night when it is not busy. In fact I just got back.

I have a few N-95 masks from various fiberglassing/woodworking projects over the years, so I wore one of those along with gloves. The store was almost empty, and I only bought groceries that I could wash.  It took 45 minutes to wash all of the groceries with soap and water.

Next saturday night we will do the same procedure assuming it is not bad in Houston. If it starts to look pretty bad then i will hunker in place with the supplies that I have.

I am doing a lot of projects around the house.  The wife designed a feature wall using 1.5in trim in different patterns.  Then we are painting the entire wall a deep teal.  It'll look good, and I am excited to spend a few days in the garage by myself.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

About a 2 and that's driven by the possibility of long term impacts from the economic shut down.

I'm a 4, largely because of the economy and how this sucks for me looking for a job.  My biggest health concern is my FIL -- he has chronic respiratory problems and just went into the ICU (not COVID, they tested him), he has pneumonia now but was moved to a general hospital room.  If he gets this thing he's toast, but he's been living on borrowed time for a long while.  My daughter with diabetes should be OK even if she gets it -- the big risk is if her blood sugar is out of control, which thankfully she has been doing a good job of controlling.  We are following good practices which should minimize the odds of getting it.  I'm in good health and not concerned about dying if I get it.  

I'll say I'm a 2.  If cancer didn't kill me then I'll be g0ddamned if I die because some Chinaman ate a bat. 

• Like 1

I can see myself at a 6...i have barely left the house...need to go get plants for my garden...weather has sucked in ohio.  My inlaws live with me and they hate to stay home...upping their risk.  Im positive they will catch it..they arent bright.  He has lung cancer and she has copd.  I think he feels if he doesnt stay moving the cancer will act faster.  I have some health issues...diabetic..etc.  I am higher risk than most.  

I will say 5-6 range.  Myself wife and 2 kids are all in good health and all under 40.  We stocked up on food and supplies for another month, maybe more.  I have been working at home for weeks, so none of us have left the house in the last 6 days.

however, I am not sure how long this will last and we may have to make a run for supplies again before this winds down.

I put myself as a 3.  I'm 52 y.o and work in a jail. I'm a relatively healthy, non smoker. Not worried. 

1, if I get it oh well,  see what happens.  I’ve been pretty much quarantined for 4 weeks now. I go out to grab groceries, liquor, and dip.  That’s it.  I did go to my neighbor’s backyard and had 2 beers by the fire last night.  Maintained social distance. Always wash up when get home.  Wife and daughter are here and both in better shape than I.  Son is working at-a hospital in Milwaukee and is type 1. He says he gets home, strips, washes his clothes, grabs a towel and heads straight to the shower.  Worry a bit for him. 

If Dewine's doomy predictions hold true...we will definately need to hit grocery again...

I'm getting pretty focking scared. This is beginning to look like it could drag on for up to a year. And we may be talking great depression level economic catastrophe. 

Now... 1

It's pretty much passed China by at this point. If it comes back, it's because nobody outside cares anymore, people are all acting like the crisis is over.

At the height a 6 or 7. Finding out we had cases locally Panzhihua was dreadful. I also worried we might have food shortages (that never materilized).

I'm surprised so many people are worried about the actual illness.  I'm MUCH more worried about people looting.  I'm much more worried about how the media keeps bombarding people with reasons to get angry and offended.  The media is going out of its mind trying to tear everyone apart.  As far as the illness I say its a 3.  As far as civil unrest its a 7.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vuduchile said:

You’re on the front lines on Detroit right?   Best wishes man.  

Mid-Michigan, which isn't Detroit level yet but is quickly heading there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vuduchile said:

My parents are in their 70’s too and on their own in different states.  They have to do all their shopping and errands by themselves.   

Similar here.  I am 56 and still go diving on my boat every day.  Very few cases here and it is just me and my boat captain.  Neither of us go anywhere else and stay away from people other our wives and occasional grocery runs.  The diving really makes me feel like nothing major has changed. 

My parents are who I worry about the most.  Both are 81 and my Father has mild but worsening COPD.  They live in PA and do unwise things.  One day Dad went and played cards with his brother and two brother-in-laws.  Another day my Mother went to six stores including a Dollar General  looking for god knows what.  I would visit but I figure that might do more harm than good.  For me 2, for my wife who has mild health concerns 3-4, for my parents 6-7. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vuduchile said:

My dad is high risk because he's a stubborn fock. Still shopping. I said it isn't prudent for an 80 year old to do that. He said "I am not 80" . He was dead serious. He turns 80 in June.

About a 3 for myself and wife/kids with respect to contracting it.

About a 6 for my parents and in-laws.

About a 5 from an economy perspective. If the shutdown goes beyond May 1 and there aren’t signs of it coming to an end very soon, that number will go up.

8 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I can see myself at a 6...i have barely left the house...need to go get plants for my garden...weather has sucked in ohio.  My inlaws live with me and they hate to stay home...upping their risk.  Im positive they will catch it..they arent bright.  He has lung cancer and she has copd.  I think he feels if he doesnt stay moving the cancer will act faster.  I have some health issues...diabetic..etc.  I am higher risk than most.  

Way to early to plant your garden.  Right?  I’m in PA and will be waiting quite a while yet. 

10 hours ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Thanks for all you're doing,stay safe.