vuduchile

On a scale of 1-10, How worried are you?

Trump said June 1st yesterday.  :wall:

If they cancel school for the rest of the year, it will fock so many people so hard.

3 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

The fact that our 2 Chinamen were cool calm and collected when their communist country had millions dying left and right leads me to believe that the reaction in America is 100% due to media and political hysteria.

More people have died in the last 48 hours from cancer than 3 months of COVID-19. Even if 10k-30k die from COVID-19 that is still a drop in the bucket compared to the other top 10 killers in this country.

90% of the deaths are people over 70 with underlying conditions, aka they were gonna die anyways in the next year due to a lifetime of poor choices or bad genes or old age. Even the handful of people under 50 who have died have all been fat focks or had underlying conditions.

Health concerns: 0, nobody in my house has health issues, parents who are 70+ have no health issues and are self quarantining

Economy concerns: 3, stock market will bounce back to record highs by election day, jobs will bounce back by Independence Day, the trillions of fake money sent out will keep things churning along and likely boost the economy

Society concerns: 9, media is in overdrive with their politicizing, dividing, and hating. The vacuum from the failed Russia Hoax and failed Ukraine Hoax is being filled with the We're All Gonna Die Because of Trump Hoax. 

The left has been wanting the economy to take a crap on the people since Trump took office. They have been flailing for 4 years now in search to remove the president from office. This is their last gasp of life before the election to try to win over the WH. They will push as much fear as they possibly can before then. Then if they win in November, they will get the media to settle down the aggressive approach and claim victory on all fronts when the economy comes roaring back.

23 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

I'm at 9.  

I'm  afraid my liver can't sustain this pace.

I had cut way back on beer the past couple of months in order to lose a few pounds.  So much for that.  I am doing my part by supporting our favorite local breweries though! :cheers:

Just now, DonS said:

I had cut way back on beer the past couple of months in order to lose a few pounds.  So much for that.  I am doing my part by supporting our favorite local breweries though! :cheers:

I have two fifths of whiskey and a case of cider. Not drinking hardly at all as it turns out. 

2 hours ago, edjr said:

If they cancel school for the rest of the year, it will fock so many people so hard.

It's done man.  Done.  They aren't going back and never were.  Trump puts short time goals in front of us to keep people from freaking out.  And it's working.  But school is done.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

It's done man.  Done.  They aren't going back and never were.  Trump puts short time goals in front of us to keep people from freaking out.  And it's working.  But school is done.

We find out tomorrow if we are going back Monday. :doh:

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

My boys  start distance learning today.  I expect it to be until the end of the school year but the school also said they expect to reopen on May 5th.  At first I was like who in their right mind would even send their kids back?  But after last night when I told my boys to go to bed early and they acted up, I could see most parents wanting to send them off.  :lol:

5 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I have two fifths of whiskey and a case of cider. Not drinking hardly at all as it turns out. 

Slacker! 

In terms of my personal well being - 0 I have been prepared for this. 

In terms of my anger towards the chinaman going forward - 11 They will never be forgiven. 

Most people anticipate Whitmer will announce MI schools will not reopen til Sept.  The local district has been gearing up for this since Thursday,  making calls to ensure everyone has a reliable internet connection.  We're all about to get a crash course in distance learning. She comes on at 10:15.  

24 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

My boys  start distance learning today.  I expect it to be until the end of the school year but the school also said they expect to reopen on May 5th.  At first I was like who in their right mind would even send their kids back?  But after last night when I told my boys to go to bed early and they acted up, I could see most parents wanting to send them off.  :lol:

My son started last week.  2 days in, he was informed that this was they way it was going to go for the rest of the semester.  He's not in grade school anymore so it was up to the school.  I wish he was in grade school, because it sucks for older kids (young men and women) to lose what little learning time they have left.

35 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Most people anticipate Whitmer will announce MI schools will not reopen til Sept.  The local district has been gearing up for this since Thursday,  making calls to ensure everyone has a reliable internet connection.  We're all about to get a crash course in distance learning. She comes on at 10:15.  

No decision yet.  Maybe later this week.

Just send us the work. My wife and I will take care of it. Maybe just schedule a 10 min FaceTime 1-2 days a week with the kid. 

4 hours ago, edjr said:

I have been prepared for this since the start. I have already taken steps to continue his education using abc mouse and youtube. 

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

I have been prepared for this since the start. I have already taken steps to continue his education using abc mouse and youtube. 

Does ABC mouse babysit? 

On a scale of 1 to 10, my worry level is 2. 1 point for retards emptying stores with panic shopping, and 1 point for being called back to work, since I'm really enjoying being laid off.

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Does ABC mouse babysit? 

Keep him occupied while I make food or fish from the shore 

Just now, kilroy69 said:

Keep him occupied while I make food or fish from the shore 

And if you have to work?

1 minute ago, edjr said:

And if you have to work?

I have been fully remote for 2 years now. I am still working and getting paid as usual. 

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

This is just a stupid take. I'm sorry, but it is.

In a perfect world, with an infinite supply of medical care, this virus is not so bad.

But left completely unchecked, it spreads so quickly that EVERYONE will get it. Hospitals will be crushed. And the death rate would climb as people wheeze their last in the gutters.

The fatality rate is low checking it as best we can. Left alone, it would be higher. 

Good, everyone gets it, some people die and most recover, crisis over. Can’t just shut the world down forever and as soon as we think the crisis is over and start mingling it will flare right back up again. So drastic measures and hard decisions will have to be taken at some point.

Just now, tanatastic said:

Good, everyone gets it, some people die and most recover, crisis over. Can’t just shut the world down forever and as soon as we think the crisis is over and start mingling it will flare right back up again. So drastic measures and hard decisions will have to be taken at some point.

That's the new liberal world. They are winning, bigly.

19 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

The Chinaman's Virus is being blown out of proportion by the Leftist Media. It is a clear effort to hurt President Trump's re-election. Anyone claiming otherwise is a gullible retard or a political hack.

3 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

The Chinaman's Virus is being blown out of proportion by the Leftist Media. It is a clear effort to hurt President Trump's re-election. Anyone claiming otherwise is a gullible retard or a political hack.

The left has never tried to disguise that. It's their new thing over the last couple years. They don't even try to hide their despicable  behavior nor their motivations anymore.

22 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

If you believe this to be true, what evidence to you have?  In what ways is it being blown out of proportion.  I'm not fan of the Leftist Media but it sure looks like this is pretty damn serious.

40 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Trumps own CDC official says that if EVERYTHING GOES RIGHT 200k people will die. How is that being blown out of proportion?  That is DOUBLE the amount of Americans who died in ww1.  It is really simple. If you are not taking this serious you are going to kill someone you know. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Trumps own CDC official says that if EVERYTHING GOES RIGHT 200k people will die. How is that being blown out of proportion?  That is DOUBLE the amount of Americans who died in ww1. 

160,000 people die in the USA every year due to lower respiratory illness.  

• Number of deaths from chronic lower respiratory diseases (including asthma): 160,201

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

160,000 people die in the USA every year due to lower respiratory illness.  

so why not add another 200k?

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

I don’t think it works that way.  Those of the 200,000 with preexisting conditions were likely going to die from ANY flu.  I see this pandemic taking more lives but by Fauci’s projection, 40,000 more than normal.

For This World? ..........a solid 8

the NWO is Batshit crazy!!!

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

I don’t think it works that way.  Those of the 200,000 with preexisting conditions were likely going to die from ANY flu.  I see this pandemic taking more lives but by Fauci’s projection, 40,000 more than normal.

I don't think that is how it works. The flu is STILL going to cause those deaths. This is something different and outside of the flu. 

9 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

There would likely be significant overlap with people who were already going to die.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nobody said:

There would likely be significant overlap with people who were already going to die.

I tried. 🤣

On 3/30/2020 at 2:19 PM, fandandy said:

I wonder if these numbers are accurate.  If so, it's really sad that we allow so many people to starve to death.  The abortion numbers are sickening but you would think there would be a way to end starvation. 

Eat babies? The numbers are there, it's science man!

The reason this won’t end without a fight is due to the old saying, “follow the money”. First, think about who or what controls the masses and tells them what to do. Tv networks and the media. Now then...think about who is making a killing from this crisis. Tv networks and the media. 24/7 coverage with everyone at home watching tv and caring about what you have to say? That’s the golden goose of advertising, shangri la, the dream. 

I'm a 1.  In time, things will clear up and we'll get back to life as we knew it.  I know people will die, and that really does suck, but there's only so much modern medicine can do.  I have a 75 year old father with medical issues, and there's a chance he could be one of those that die if he contracts the virus.  He's not worried about it, as he says: "I lived a good life.  If it's my time, it's my time."  I feel the same way.  I'm almost 40 years old, but it is what it is.  I have 4 life insurance policies that will pay out... a $25k whole life from the volunteer fire department I'm a member of, a $25k whole life from my office that they pay for me, and I have two for myself... a $100k whole life and $250k term life policies.  If I go, my son is going to get $400k to pay off any out standing debts.  He'll inherit a house that he can afford that has 17 years of a 30 year mortgage left to pay, so he'll be in good shape.  He'll have 3 uncles and 2 aunts (2 of my brothers and 1 sister as well as one each - a brother and sister on his mothers side), still left in his family along with 11 first cousins.  He'll have plenty of family around.