Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Anyone been playing Video Games lately?

21 hours ago, tanatastic said:

I played Odyssey and Witcher 3 not far apart from each other and I thought they were a good comparison. I think I liked Odyssey more but that’s a minority opinion as Witcher is beloved. I just love Greek mythology and Odyssey’s combat felt really good. I don’t think you can go wrong. Also you probably are well aware but be sure to play the Witcher 3s 2 expansions as they are highly touted.

Are all Assassin's Creed games standalone?  Is there any backstory you should know about?  I never watched the movie that came out, but I got the sense that it had to do with time travel or something? 

19 hours ago, DonS said:

Are all Assassin's Creed games standalone?  Is there any backstory you should know about?  I never watched the movie that came out, but I got the sense that it had to do with time travel or something? 

I'm pretty sure they are standalone and if you have never played one I highly recommend trying it.  Some folks just love the series

My grandson beat me 60-23 in madden last night 

Goff threw 9 interceptions 

Wtf fml

On 3/29/2020 at 2:42 PM, supermike80 said:

Bloodborne. 

Over and fuckibg over.  Cause you die.  A lot

Old Yarnham..Took out the NPC firing the gatling gun with one try.  Then in the courtyard took out the other NPC in one try.  This game is so hard at times that doing this was a big time YEAH!!  Moment

22 hours ago, DonS said:

There was a movie...a bad movie...

2 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I'm pretty sure they are standalone and if you have never played one I highly recommend trying it.  Some folks just love the series

I'm nearing the end of Witcher 3 so I'll be ordering AC Odyssey shortly.  Given all the recommendations I'm sure I'll enjoy it.  How would you rank the titles in the rest of the series?

12 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

There was a movie...a bad movie...

Good to hear it was just a sh1tty adaptation. The preview I saw for it didn't exactly make me want to try the games. 

29 minutes ago, DonS said:

I'm nearing the end of Witcher 3 so I'll be ordering AC Odyssey shortly.  Given all the recommendations I'm sure I'll enjoy it.  How would you rank the titles in the rest of the series?

Can't rank them.  I only played the original.  Liked it.  Ive heard others are great.

• Thanks 1

Part way thru the Hearts of Stone expansion for Witcher 3.  Wife walked by during an extended softcore p0rn cutscene where Geralt is throwing a chick the bone.  Yeah, that was awkward. :lol:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, DonS said:

Part way thru the Hearts of Stone expansion for Witcher 3.  Wife walked by during an extended softcore p0rn cutscene where Geralt is throwing a chick the bone.  Yeah, that was awkward. :lol:

:lol:

Awesome.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:23 AM, DonS said:

I would do origins. That 1 isnt bad. What's crazy is you start going backwards though and your spoiled with how good Odyssey is.

Like I got some 3 pack bundle with syndicate, unity, and Black Flag and they are almost unplayable with how the controllers are different and their reactions they do. 

I keep hearing good things about Witcher 3. Might have to give that a go after I finish origins. Been playing Control which isn't that either.

On 3/29/2020 at 1:26 PM, Bier Meister said:

:mad:  ps3 just crapped on us 2 days ago :mad:

Just ordered a ps4 pro due to arrive 4/2-4/8

I primarily play Fifa, Hockey, and small amount of Madden

PS4 just arrived :banana:

5 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

PS4 just arrived :banana:

Do you play with your kid? If so I highly recommend Xmorph defense as a fun Co op. It's a tower defense game. Lots of fun to coordinate. 

Played Starcraft 2 for the first time in 4 years. 

On 4/6/2020 at 6:23 PM, Frozenbeernuts said:

Do you play with your kid? If so I highly recommend Xmorph defense as a fun Co op. It's a tower defense game. Lots of fun to coordinate. 

I don't.  She is not into gaming.

So right now i only have hockey. fun so far.

my son and i have started playing zelda breath of the wild on switch.  we get to a place at the beginning called magnesis trial where you get a magnesis rune and you are supposed to be able to lift these metal doors off the floor by pressing the L trigger.  will not activate for me and I assume i am overlooking something simple so any advice here would be appreciated.  i already have looked this up on google videos to see if i see anything to help, but can't find anything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, josh wiley said:

my son and i have started playing zelda breath of the wild on switch.  we get to a place at the beginning called magnesis trial where you get a magnesis rune and you are supposed to be able to lift these metal doors off the floor by pressing the L trigger.  will not activate for me and I assume i am overlooking something simple so any advice here would be appreciated.  i already have looked this up on google videos to see if i see anything to help, but can't find anything.

AABA START SELECT START

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

AABA START SELECT START

nice.  what is that the old code for mike tyson or something?  any real help on this question would be great!

1 hour ago, josh wiley said:

Hit the gym. Build those L trigger muscles

• Haha 1

your mom plays with my joystick

For those who like diablo type aarpg.  I picked up the adventures of van helsing 2.  Older game...tons of cool stuff to do in game.  Victor Vran i ordered from amazon..looks pretty awesome as well, I also picked up shadow awakenings...where you have to play 2 realms at once...diablo style was less than 10 bucks.

Fallout 76 finally has NPC's and a new storyline as of last week..  I'm giving it a run...  we'll see how she goes.

• Like 1

Found an MMO on Xbox called Bless Unleashed, it's a generic version of WoW. Pretty solid so far for a free game.

10 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

For those who like diablo type aarpg.  I picked up the adventures of van helsing 2.  Older game...tons of cool stuff to do in game.  Victor Vran i ordered from amazon..looks pretty awesome as well, I also picked up shadow awakenings...where you have to play 2 realms at once...diablo style was less than 10 bucks.

yep I bought it for 10$ or so for Van Helsing 1-3 on steam and played thru it as a pet class, was good fun, I wish there was a multi-player community would still be playing

Victor Vran not as good, quit a couple hours in may revisit

8 minutes ago, Reality said:

Found an MMO on Xbox called Bless Unleashed, it's a generic version of WoW. Pretty solid so far for a free game.

really?  I wanted to check it out, but dont own a console

hmmm

anyone played Dragon's Dogma Arisen?  was going to get it on steam

ARPG fans----

Warhammer 40k, complete pack on sale on steam, 66% off, I have been waiting for this sale to pick this up

27$ right now normally 80 for the complete set

Diablo like with mechs and guns and magic and everything

Does anyone play anything with a skill ceiling/skill floor?

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

what do you mean?

A game with really hard game mechanics. COD would be a good example of a game with almost no skill ceiling and Counter Strike would be considered high skill ceiling. If we were staying in the FPS. Civilization series would be low skill ceiling Europa Universalis high skill ceiling.

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

A game with really hard game mechanics. COD would be a good example of a game with almost no skill ceiling and Counter Strike would be considered high skill ceiling. If we were staying in the FPS. Civilization series would be low skill ceiling Europa Universalis high skill ceiling.

ahh ok, I only play MMO and ARPGs, cant do the shooters I swear I am going to have a seizure and my reaction times have definately slowed

I still play Age of Empires 2, for that skill type of thing, there is no skill ceiling but at least you can have competitive matches in your ratings brackets

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

ahh ok, I only play MMO and ARPGs, cant do the shooters I swear I am going to have a seizure

I still play Age of Empires 2, for that skill type of thing, there is no skill ceiling but at least you can have competitive matches in your ratings brackets

AoE series has a good skill ceiling.  If that's your genre you should look into Europa Universalis 4. I'd bet anything it would be your new favorite game. 

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

AoE series has a good skill ceiling.  If that's your genre you should look into Europa Universalis 4. I'd bet anything it would be your new favorite game. 

I have never found anything to compete with AOE2, I like the city building and advancing timelines, but also in a medieval realistic historical sense

I will check it out though

looks very similar, will pick up when its on sale

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I have never found anything to compete with AOE2, I like the city building and advancing timelines, but also in a medieval realistic historical sense

I will check it out though

looks very similar, will pick up when its on sale

Yeah EU4 is exactly that, it usually goes on sale every few months for $10 and the steam spring cleaning event is around the corner.

I still play Dont Starve together with my brother in law. It has a steep initial learning curve, but only takes around ~50 hours before you get the hang of it.

I have looked into Europa Universalis in the past and it would be a game that I would like, however with a 200-1000 hour learning curve it is not something that I am able to play at this point in my life. It would have been a fun game when I was a 25 year old with no girl friend and all the time in the world.

30 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I think I'll check it out too.  I love AoE.  Should I start with 4?  I know AoE3 sucked and I never played 1.  Are there significant differences between the versions?