Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Anyone been playing Video Games lately?

I hooked up my first-generation PS3 and have been playing a ton of Tiger Woods 12.  

What have you guys been playing during lockdown?

Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart with my son.

Just now, DonS said:

Witcher 3 

How do you like it?  My daughter loved that game.  Played every possible quest I think.  If you enjoy that one you might like the last two Assassin's Creed games; Odyssey and Origins.  She likes them both a lot too.  

Just now, fandandy said:

How do you like it?  My daughter loved that game.  Played every possible quest I think.  If you enjoy that one you might like the last two Assassin's Creed games; Odyssey and Origins.  She likes them both a lot too.  

I'm loving it.  Will definitely get Assassin's Creed Odyssey next as others have recommended it as well. 

Had my son download Golf Club 2 for xbox. Also played a 1/2 hour of COD last night for the first time in 10 years.

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Had my son download Golf Club 2 for xbox. Also played a 1/2 hour of COD last night for the first time in 10 years.

What do you think of GC2?  I bought it for the PS4 solely because it was a 2K game now.  I can't say I've given it a fair shake but at first play, I wasn't too impressed.  I know there is a way to play on user-designed courses.  That might be cool if I ever got around to figuring out how to do play on them.  

39 minutes ago, fandandy said:

What do you think of GC2?  I bought it for the PS4 solely because it was a 2K game now.  I can't say I've given it a fair shake but at first play, I wasn't too impressed.  I know there is a way to play on user-designed courses.  That might be cool if I ever got around to figuring out how to do play on them.  

I'm playing it, the putting is extremely frustrating or I just haven't figured it out. Pretty good looking game tho.

The 2019 version, assuming that's the newest.

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'm playing it, the putting is extremely frustrating or I just haven't figured it out. Pretty good looking game tho.

You will get used to putting after some reps. Close approach shots are key. 

57 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I downloaded it...buggy as hell...locks up...got ripped off.

Anyone have a copy of Rory McIlroy for the PS4 that they want to part with?

43 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yeah putting is ridiculous. Greens are really so much a joke it's like an arcade game. But for $15, it scratches the video golf itch and is multiplayer.

59 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Anyone have a copy of Rory McIlroy for the PS4 that they want to part with?

Damn...i looked it up..people want like 150 to 90 bucks for it..wth...is it the last one ever?

8 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Damn...i looked it up..people want like 150 to 90 bucks for it..wth...is it the last one ever?

Yeah, I think so.  EA stopped making it.  I think that's the only version made for the PS4.  

Another thing I want/need is the dongle for Guitar Hero for the PS3 that looks like this.  I lost mine and good lord, those fockers are expensive too.

I have 2 guitars just can't find my dongle.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch. It's a nonviolent game I can play in front of my kids and I like it a lot. Getting my son into Mario as his first game (he's five)

29 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Replaying the 1st Uncharted

Damn, the first one,  taking it back. 2,3,4 and lost legacy are masterpieces.

2 hours ago, DonS said:

I'm loving it.  Will definitely get Assassin's Creed Odyssey next as others have recommended it as well. 

I played Odyssey and Witcher 3 not far apart from each other and I thought they were a good comparison. I think I liked Odyssey more but that’s a minority opinion as Witcher is beloved. I just love Greek mythology and Odyssey’s combat felt really good. I don’t think you can go wrong. Also you probably are well aware but be sure to play the Witcher 3s 2 expansions as they are highly touted.

21 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I played Odyssey and Witcher 3 not far apart from each other and I thought they were a good comparison. I think I liked Odyssey more but that’s a minority opinion as Witcher is beloved. I just love Greek mythology and Odyssey’s combat felt really good. I don’t think you can go wrong. Also you probably are well aware but be sure to play the Witcher 3s 2 expansions as they are highly touted.

The version of W3 that I purchased includes all the DLCs.  The two large expansions are integrated right into main play through so I can start those quests once I level up a bit more. 

:mad:  ps3 just crapped on us 2 days ago :mad:

Just ordered a ps4 pro due to arrive 4/2-4/8

I primarily play Fifa, Hockey, and small amount of Madden

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

:mad:  ps3 just crapped on us 2 days ago :mad:

Just ordered a ps4 pro due to arrive 4/2-4/8

I primarily play Fifa, Hockey, and small amount of Madden

We should all create a Madden league if the season is canceled.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fandandy said:

We should all create a Madden league if the season is canceled.  

I'd be in.   Do we all need the same system and version?

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I'd be in.   Do we all need the same system and version?

We would all need the same platform.  I don't think version would matter though.

https://twinfinite.net/2019/07/madden-20-cross-platform-is-it/

Is Madden 20 Cross Platform?

Madden 20 is also continuing the renewed tradition of bringing the game to PC. The PC version will launch on EA Origin day-and-date with the console versions on Aug. 2.

Although those changes are welcomed by the community, nothing is more important to fans than the implementation of online play and the improvements that EA plans to make this year. One of the most requested changes from Madden fans is the addition of cross-platform play.

Unfortunately, for yet another year, Madden 20 will not have cross platform functionality.

Due to the server differences between EA Origin and Xbox Live, the Xbox One and PC version are not able to implement cross play like many PC and Xbox games have shared this generation.

Similarly, PS4 and PC players will also be unable to connect to each other due to these server differences.

In addition, Sony remains to appear reluctant to allow Xbox players to matchmake with or against players on PlayStation 4. Although some games currently share full cross-functionality between all platforms (Fortnite, Rocket League, and Dauntless), EA’s Madden 20 will not be cracking that vaunted list.

I might fire up the SNES and play some Ken Griffey Jr Winning Run. Gotta scratch that baseball itch. 

I have tiger woods 13 xbox 360 and The Masters for xbox 360. 

2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I have tiger woods 13 xbox 360 and The Masters for xbox 360. 

The Masters is the one I have but for the PS3.

5 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

You will get used to putting after some reps. Close approach shots are key. 

Figured it out a bit today, made the PGA tour on career mode, we'll see how that goes. It's growing on me.

21 minutes ago, Reality said:

Figured it out a bit today, made the PGA tour on career mode, we'll see how that goes. It's growing on me.

I was used to playing TW for 15 years and I hated this game at first. It slowly grew on me as well. 

8 hours ago, fandandy said:

I have 2 guitars just can't find my dongle.

Maybe eat less and exercise. :dunno:

Dusted off the old Atari 2600. Played a little Q*Bert. 

Good times!

• Like 1

My 6 year old and I are running through Dragon's Quest for a 2nd time. We finished it January 2019.  His memory of things we did the 1st time astounds me.

FYI Target is doing a buy 2 get juan free for video games right now

Yes :( got xbox 1 to play madden with my grandson. 

I've come to the dork side

Just now, drobeski said:

Yes :( got xbox 1 to play madden with my grandson. 

I've come to the dork side

Well sh!t, this might actually be the end..

:shocking:

Avengers movie this afternoon?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Well sh!t, this might actually be the end..

:shocking:

Avengers movie this afternoon?

It's not that bad yet! :mad: