Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Why has WWE wrasslin' figured out how put on shows and no one else can???????????????????????????

WWE continues to put on 2 weekly shows, RAW and Smackdown EVERY WEEK! With no focking fans. 2.4 million people watched smackdown on Fox last Friday

HOW HAS THE NBA/NHL not focking figured this shite out??

IF the NHL has any focking brains they would get on the ice ASAP and take advantage of no other real sports being on TV!! c'mon Bettman you stupid fock.

Where are they doing the shows?

What shows?  They have guys who are pulling out because they are sick or afraid of getting sick.  Even though they are taping these separately, they are just scripted acting and not a real sporting event.  

16 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Where are they doing the shows?

At small venues like the performance center which is a gym they use for workouts and stuff. 

1. They're taping episodes ahead of time to limit how many people they have in the building at once.

2. They're doing it in their own building, with no audience, to get around the limits of what's open to the public.

3. They're playing old matches to pad out the episodes.

All of which isn't viable for an actual sports game.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

At small venues like the performance center which is a gym they use for workouts and stuff. 

They probably should shut it down, but as long as they're not traveling around I guess I don't see how it's any different than people heading to work at a manufacturing job. Maybe gayer.

10 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What shows?  They have guys who are pulling out because they are sick or afraid of getting sick.  Even though they are taping these separately, they are just scripted acting and not a real sporting event.  

They still have weekly shows and are even still doing WrestleMania across 2 nights. Like you said, some guys are pulling out and some have already taped their matches  in advance. But there are ratings to be had with everyone stuck at home so they are still doing shows, as are the other wrestling outfit AEW. 

Just now, tanatastic said:

some guys are pulling out 

I never pull out.

I think MMA should absolutely still fight and I’d even say no fans would make a great atmosphere. There is a huge ratings opportunity with everyone at home watching tv. The problem is stuff like Basketball has 20+ guys together where wwe is just a few at a time, staying under the 6 imposed limit. 

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

1. They're taping episodes ahead of time to limit how many people they have in the building at once.

2. They're doing it in their own building, with no audience, to get around the limits of what's open to the public.

3. They're playing old matches to pad out the episodes.

All of which isn't viable for an actual sports game.

:wacko:  like wrasslemania next weekend?

NHL can do 1 (live) and 2 EASY

52 minutes ago, edjr said:

:wacko:  like wrasslemania next weekend?

NHL can do 1 (live) and 2 EASY

Wrestlemania was taped last week.

WWE only needs 2-4 wrestlers in the building at once, and can cycle them out when their matches are done. NHL needs 2 whole teams at once, which drastically increases the number of people in the building.

Most (all?) of the NHL rinks are owned by cities/counties/states, which limits their availability. There's just no way they could schedule enough games to finish out their season. They probably could put on exhibition games, but I don't think the players would agree to it.

15 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Wrestlemania was taped last week.

WWE only needs 2-4 wrestlers in the building at once, and can cycle them out when their matches are done. NHL needs 2 whole teams at once, which drastically increases the number of people in the building.

Most (all?) of the NHL rinks are owned by cities/counties/states, which limits their availability. There's just no way they could schedule enough games to finish out their season. They probably could put on exhibition games, but I don't think the players would agree to it.

Ed doesn't pay that much attention.  He thinks that it is all live even though they have taped all sorts of "matches" already.  

Ed - guess what.  Walking Dead tonight is not really live.  HTH

Morons. Can't think outside the box. Sad

Ultimate fight opportunity.  One room with lots of video cameras.  Send in two people, keep doors locked a minimum of 10 minutes, and longer if they don’t fight.  Only the winner emerges.  Hell, you can send in a few more people and still comply with most states guidelines on gatherings.  Rating would be through the roof.

12 hours ago, tanatastic said:

I think MMA should absolutely still fight and I’d even say no fans would make a great atmosphere. There is a huge ratings opportunity with everyone at home watching tv. The problem is stuff like Basketball has 20+ guys together where wwe is just a few at a time, staying under the 6 imposed limit. 

They should use cool scenery for MMA no crowd shows. Prison shower block. Pit dug out of the ground. Deck of an aircraft carrier. Stuff like that. 

9 hours ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

Ultimate fight opportunity.  One room with lots of video cameras.  Send in two people, keep doors locked a minimum of 10 minutes, and longer if they don’t fight.  Only the winner emerges.  Hell, you can send in a few more people and still comply with most states guidelines on gatherings.  Rating would be through the roof.

Give them a ladder.  Hang the keys to the locked doors on a strap hung from the rafters.

• Thanks 1

Amid coronavirus shutdown, Phil Mickelson says another match vs. Tiger Woods could be on the way 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Amid coronavirus shutdown, Phil Mickelson says another match vs. Tiger Woods could be on the way 

How about Kooch vs Garcia?  

18 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Just because it's fake doesn't mean they are aren't all jumping all over each other.

26 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Just because it's fake doesn't mean they are aren't all jumping all over each other.

Thank you. And even more so than NHL, by far.

I can honestly say, as a lifelong wrasslin fan. It is actually unwatchable. That's just my own personal .02 though. I'm sure some people still like it.

I think AEW has produced the best product during this very weird/difficult time. 

Most Indies and smaller fed's have been put on hiatus. Unfortunately for myself, the NWA has been put on hold (that's the only one I consistently watch).

But those that do continue like WWE, and ROH. It's really bad.

So in my time of wrestling detox. Thank you AEW.

4 minutes ago, Kopy said:

I can honestly say, as a lifelong wrasslin fan. It is actually unwatchable. That's just my own personal .02 though. I'm sure some people still like it.

I think AEW has produced the best product during this very weird/difficult time. 

Most Indies and smaller fed's have been put on hiatus. Unfortunately for myself, the NWA has been put on hold (that's the only one I consistently watch).

But those that do continue like WWE, and ROH. It's really bad.

So in my time of wrestling detox. Thank you AEW.

We need something to watch. Anything. 

56 minutes ago, edjr said:

Thank you. And even more so than NHL, by far.

You are aware that Vince McMahon doesn’t give a rat’s-ass about his workers. Right? 

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You are aware that Vince McMahon doesn’t give a rat’s-ass about his workers. Right? 

Just as much as the big 4. You think the NFL cares about it's players? Only changed the rules due to pressure, nothing else.

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Just as much as the big 4. You think the NFL cares about it's players? Only changed the rules due to pressure, nothing else.

Look at Jeremy Jacobs (owner of the Bruins).  He is a totally a-hole and does not care about his employees (players, staff, concessions, etc.).  Vince McMahon is 10x the a-hole that Jeremy Jacobs is when it comes to money first, people last.