Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Drive In Movies.

Poised for a comeback. Especially in the warmer climates. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How many are left? I think that there only a couple in MA. We still go to one on Cape Cod each year. Still some interaction, though.

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

How many are left? I think that there only a couple in MA. We still go to one on Cape Cod each year. Still some interaction, though.

There’s one near me, but it’s all second run and kids movies. It does ok. I can see it becoming a thing again.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

There’s one near me, but it’s all second run and kids movies. It does ok. I can see it becoming a thing again.

They aren’t releasing new movies, so the need for first run will be less. I think, like just about anything, we need to get rid of the risk before any businesses will get moving.

9 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

They aren’t releasing new movies, so the need for first run will be less. I think, like just about anything, we need to get rid of the risk before any businesses will get moving.

That’s what I’m saying. The drive in is lower risk.  

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Don’t call it a comeback. :nono:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Wellfleet, always see what's playing when I go out there.  We had one near where I grew up in upstate NY... Easy place to throw a kegger and catch a flicker show or two. 

8 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Wellfleet, always see what's playing when I go out there.  We had one near where I grew up in upstate NY... Easy place to throw a kegger and catch a flicker show or two. 

That is where we have a house, so it is a no brainer even with late teens. I bring some beers and some bug spray. Kids load up on popcorn and it gets us out of the house for a night.

We have 1 here - it's awesome, love it.

One of the cool things about them now is............SUVs.

They didn't exist back then, is a totally cool experience watching out of the back of one now. 

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

We have 1 here - it's awesome, love it.

One of the cool things about them now is............SUVs.

They didn't exist back then, is a totally cool experience watching out of the back of one now. 

My high school buddy’s dad owned a 20’s/30’s Ford truck that had Rumble Seats that faced the rear. We squeezed 4 of us in on double date. 

Also I’d “borrow” my grandmothers station wagon for the drive in 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

They had a pron drive in in Memphis back in the day. It doesn't get much lower rent than that. 

Wanking in Memphis. 

But do I really feel the way that I feel?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

They had a pron drive in in Memphis back in the day. It doesn't get much lower rent than that. 

The town I live in now had one back in the 70’s/80’s. It turned into a mall. :lol:

They have one nearby in IN.  We went a couple of years ago.  I don't even remember what we saw.  We basically had to shower in bug spray just to keep the mosquitoes off.

The one I went to as a kid was in Tulsa.  It had a playground in front of the screen.  My grandparents would load all 13 of their grandkids in the back of their mustard yellow Chevy truck and take us.  The last movie I remember seeing there was Where the Red Fern Grows.  

Movies make their money on concessions.  The concession stands wont be open.  So they will need a way to deliver it

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Had an 87 Suburban rocking to Basic Instinct at the drive in.  

Back in HS, we had one in the next town over.  We took my friend's Winnebago to it.  We would park in the back and we would have a huge party at the drive-ins.  Great summer time fun.  :banana:

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Back in HS, we had one in the next town over.  We took my friend's Winnebago to it.  We would park in the back and we would have a huge party at the drive-ins.  Great summer time fun.  :banana:

You and Keinickie were so cool. Did you get Rizzo pregnant that year ??

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

Movies make their money on concessions.  The concession stands wont be open.  So they will need a way to deliver it

Drive ins don't care about money. Only the NFL cares about money. 

5 minutes ago, The Elevator Killer said:

Drive ins don't care about money. Only the NFL cares about money. 

Oh yeah...i forgot

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

There’s an App for that. 

46 minutes ago, shotsup said:

You and Keinickie were so cool. Did you get Rizzo pregnant that year ??

I am not that old.  80's, not 60's.  :lol:

My last time was Batman Begins in the Warwick Drive in New York.  It can still work in the right place.