Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Covid investments

There are going to be some stocks and industries that are hit hard in the market. Where do you see the biggest potential for gains?

Oil is a pretty safe bet imo. When demand rockets past supply, the price is going to be higher than pre covid. 

I mentioned it in the stock market thread, but I'll repeat it here.  Amazon.  They sell and deliver everything.  Their entire biz model was already set up to take advantage of this type of crisis.  Long term, they'll win more customers after they experience it.  

HD and Lowe's are still humming along.  I won't be surprised to see them blow away quarterly earnings estimates.  Mom and pop competitors are shut down across the country while the big boxes are biz as usual.  The stores are busy now with so many people staying home working on their homes. 

Take a close look at the banks too.   They're getting ready to release a boatload of fed backed loans to small businesses.  

• Like 1

Schwans food service.  They are busier than ever with so many people stuck at home and needing to make meals.

Pretty much any home delivery services right now are going to increase.

I am making BANK right now, though it has been a tough time.  I might retire early at this rate....from both the amount of work and amount of money lol....

48 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

There are going to be some stocks and industries that are hit hard in the market. Where do you see the biggest potential for gains?

Oil is a pretty safe bet imo. When demand rockets past supply, the price is going to be higher than pre covid. 

When will that be?  

The focking towel heads are pumping as much as they can right now.  Soon all the tanker ships will be full and so will every storage facility.  Not only that, they will still be pumping more out of the ground.  Sans a major war, the price of oil is focked for a very long time.  

I've been betting on oil for a very long time and have had my ass handed to me with losses of over 15K.  My advise would be to stay the fock away for a few years.  

6 hours ago, RLLD said:

I am making BANK right now, though it has been a tough time.  I might retire early at this rate....from both the amount of work and amount of money lol....

I couldn't find RLLD.  Are you on the Nasdaq?

7 hours ago, RLLD said:

Recovered from the hyper-inflation and peak oil predictions?  :lol:

I had to do it!

I work for a company that verifies solar leads and we have the most new leads and inquiries we have ever had. 

11 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I work for a company that verifies solar leads and we have the most new leads and inquiries we have ever had. 

damn and solar sucks, imagine if it was good?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

damn and solar sucks, imagine if it was good?

Then people would already have it.

• Like 1

I guess I should have been more specific. Which stocks have taken a hit that will be good to invest in once we get somewhere near the bottom. 

30 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I guess I should have been more specific. Which stocks have taken a hit that will be good to invest in once we get somewhere near the bottom. 

Anything tourism related.

Especially companies/niches receiving bailouts.

57 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Disney and energy infrastructure companies are two that come to mind.