Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

The Negative Media

Lets keep everyone tuning in right?

Already covered the "strikes" at Amazon and one of the grocery delivery companies

I'm waiting for the stories about grocery stores / distribution centers having MASSIVE corona virus outbreaks so they can keep injecting panic into the public and keep everyone clicking and tuning in.

It's hard for me to properly express how much I hate the american media.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Lets keep everyone tuning in right?

Already covered the "strikes" at Amazon and one of the grocery delivery companies

I'm waiting for the stories about grocery stores / distribution centers having MASSIVE corona virus outbreaks so they can keep injecting panic into the public and keep everyone clicking and tuning in.

It's hard for me to properly express how much I hate the american media.

I thought it was important to cover the strikes, even if the Amazon one was a bit inconsequential. 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

The media sensationalized stuff ... GTFO.

This.

The important thing, IMHO, is first recognizing the fact that MSM in no longer actual journalism.   Beyond that we now have to get information from multiple sources in order to have any hope of getting something akin to actual factual data. 

• Sad 1

Just now, RLLD said:

This.

The important thing, IMHO, is first recognizing the fact that MSM in no longer actual journalism.   Beyond that we now have to get information from multiple sources in order to have any hope of getting something akin to actual factual data. 

Thanks captain obvious.  Go back to your bunker.

Just now, RLLD said:

This.

Don’t forget Q Anon and Conservative Treehouse, the GC’s favorite news sources. :thumbsup: 

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Why do they?

Because idiots keep clicking those links.

5 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I thought it was important to cover the strikes, even if the Amazon one was a bit inconsequential. 

Why are employees striking?

4 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Why do they?

For ratings. What do I win?

Just now, Alias Detective said:

What do rating result in MDC?  

Money! I’m on a roll. :D 

Ratings? The two biggest offenders, MSNBC & CNN are on the bottom of the rating war. Why do they continue to lie?

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Ratings? The two biggest offenders, MSNBC & CNN are on the bottom of the rating war. Why do they continue to lie?

They are fighting each other for viewers.  Whoever lies best, gets the prize.  Neither will suddenly become middle if the road, that would leave the other with all the viewers.  

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Heard a FOX guest say the other night,"is it any wonder that The Cartoon Network now has higher ratings than CNN." :D

People just respond more strongly to negativity.  It's how we're wired.

https://www.verywellmind.com/negative-bias-4589618

Results, based on over 1,000 respondents across 17 countries and 6 continents, suggest that there is, on average, a negativity bias in psychophysiological reactions to video news content. There are, however, also considerable differences in the way in which individuals react to negative versus positive news content. These individual-level differences are not easily explained by culture or country. Indeed, there is considerable within-country variation in responses to news content. This fact highlights the possibility that news content could be attention-grabbing for some citizens even if it is not systematically negative.

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/38/18888

Seems like what's going on with supermike.

Yeah, there just aren't enough happy stories about the global pandemic killing thousands of people.

• Haha 2

2800 viewers for disgusting corrupt creepy senile Biden the kid smellers town hall the other night lol. 

Real Americans are tuning out CNN. Dont worry mike only complete TDS suffering LOSERS  still buy their sh!t.

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Because idiots keep clicking those links.

Not as much, though. 

Ive been taken back by the disrespect shown during the White House press briefings lately, and that’s saying something. Journalists think they are much more important than they actually are. Also, after hearing the questions, and their intent, asked to Trump he can tweet anything he’d like and I’d have no problem bc he is getting his story out without the msm filtering/editing/twisting what he says. 

16 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Not as much, though. 

Ive been taken back by the disrespect shown during the White House press briefings lately, and that’s saying something. Journalists think they are much more important than they actually are. Also, after hearing the questions, and their intent, asked to Trump he can tweet anything he’d like and I’d have no problem bc he is getting his story out without the msm filtering/editing/twisting what he says. 

CNN's Jim Acosta, who has been a doosh to Trump since he was elected, had this to say after his most recent sparring match with the President:

Obviously reporters in the Rose Garden covering the White House are not here to congratulate him,” Acosta said on CNN. “We are here to hold his feet to the fire.

My response:  Actually, you're not there to do either.  You're SUPPOSED to be there to accurately report the news.  But that ship has sailed.

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

CNN's Jim Acosta, who has been a doosh to Trump since he was elected, had this to say after his most recent sparring match with the President:

My response:  Actually, you're not there to do either.  You're SUPPOSED to be there to accurately report the news.  But that ship has sailed.

Right....what an utterly dumb fock thing to say.  You're there to REPORT..Not try to gotcha the man

God damn I hate CNN

17 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

It's very entertaining when Trump gets mad at having his own quotes read back to him 😂

Acosta is a spineless little queer. Ofcourse you love him. 

These reporters think it's their job to make news, not report on it.  The same crew that doesn't even want the press conferences carried live so they can report it with their garbage slant.  Honestly, these people aren't needed, we are hearing the daily briefings ourselves, there's no need for a biased liberal "reporter" being our go-between.  We're good.

They know it and we know it.

52 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This is exactly on topic but it is about the media.  I'm sure you won't like the views on Republicans but I'm sharing this because I think it represents all of the media and the people they put on TV.

https://twitter.com/IamShaneMorris/status/1244979086415540226?s=20

Random thoughts, brought to you by this guy.

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Random thoughts, brought to you by this guy.

Isn't that what forums are mostly? :dunno:

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Your post was completely unrelated to the topic, it's your m.o.

This part is the best...

59 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This is exactly on topic but it is about the media.

:doh:

Your act is tired, if you want to post stupid sh!t in some sort of effort to attack Trump, start your own thread.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

Your post was completely unrelated to the topic, it's your m.o.

This part is the best...

:doh:

Your act is tired, if you want to post stupid sh!t in some sort of effort to attack Trump, start your own thread.

I didn't think it required it's own thread and tried to find an existing one to add it to.  You guys have major issues with being d1ck heads.

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I didn't think it required it's own thread and tried to find an existing one to add it to.  You guys have major issues with being d1ck heads.

You have a major issue derailing threads with stupid unrelated bullsh!t.

Just now, Reality said:

You have a major issue derailing threads with stupid unrelated bullsh!t.

I'll try to do less of that.

Media goes through stages of decline from being about hard news to a total joke.  The next step for some of these liberal media outlets is that they are going to cross the rubicon and, in a desperate quest for eyeballs, become tabloids like the National Enquirer.  They'll be covering space aliens, Bigfoot, ghosts, and time travel.  At some point, some of them are going to realize that stuff gets more viewers than liberal reporting does.

5 hours ago, MDC said:

Money! I’m on a roll. :D 

Um. We have established here that only the NFL cares about money.  😋

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Hawkeye I get your spin man but yeah this one is just way outta left field