Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

NFL Schedule - 2020

ESPN

NFL execs had a conference call today and as of now, they're moving forward with idea of starting the season on time with a full 16-game schedule. 

NFL general counsel Jeff Pash said during a media briefing...

"We're still in March, so it's quite a few months between now and when our season would begin. The belief and the information that we have is leading us to continue on focusing on a season that starts on time and be played in a normal way."

I'm sure there making contingency plans even though they aren't saying publicly what those plans are. My best guess is that players won't be on the field in any kind of meaningful way until training camp (end of July). 

There is a report out that the league expects to release the 2020 regular season schedule no later than May 9th, which is a few weeks later than normal. 

Interesting statement from the prez, how do they know? 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Interesting statement from the prez, how do they know? 

They don't. Not for sure anyway. Its more about restoring hope and confidence, especially with the economy. If sports are forecasted to be a go by late summer, it signals to everyone that things will approach some form of normalcy by then.

No I get why the prez would say it, false hope does stimulate people’s hope. 

But I would rather know the truth, and that is, we don’t know. 

How many people would feel comfortable going to a game this year. I'm talking the works. Tailgating in the morning. Going into a stadium with 50,000 other people. Then starting the grill and some more tailgating afterwords?

I still want to do it, but the Mrs. doesn't seem to keen on it this year.

I’m not worried I’ll do it. 

Lets go. 

The latest indicates a full typical schedule to be released (perhaps on 5/7) but with some contingies including... 

• A Super Bowl that kicks off on Feb. 28.
  • A regular season that starts as late as Thursday, Oct. 15.
  • An NFL season with no bye weeks or Pro Bowl.

Check out the link above to read the full article.

No bye weeks, I’m good with that. 

I understand the goal of keeping a 16-game schedule, but I don't see a downside to having a 14-game schedule where the 2 games removed are the ones that are team specific.  They can keep the bye week and possibly even start one week later or move the Super Bowl up one week.

Double Awesomeness 

I'll make it a trifecta with triple awesomeness.

Jacksonville will have both of there home games, get this. AT HOME. Miami and Atlanta will also get there 1 game back too.

*On a side question. When a team has there home game, not at home. Does the league supplement the lost revenue to the team/city for that weekend?

16 minutes ago, Kopy said:

*On a side question. When a team has there home game, not at home. Does the league supplement the lost revenue to the team/city for that weekend?

I don't see why they would.  The city had no expenses for that game that week... why should they be supplemented for it?

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't see why they would.  The city had no expenses for that game that week... why should they be supplemented for it?

Gotta think it would be a big middle finger to a team's owner to have only 7 home games of revenue instead of the 8 they're supposed to have? Especially if 29 other teams get all (or any number teams that year). Get all of their home games at home.

I would think that the team would receive some kind of compensation for lost revenue  

16 hours ago, Kopy said:

Gotta think it would be a big middle finger to a team's owner to have only 7 home games of revenue instead of the 8 they're supposed to have? Especially if 29 other teams get all (or any number teams that year). Get all of their home games at home.

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would think that the team would receive some kind of compensation for lost revenue  

When teams like the Jags play in London, the owner/team is getting their cut of the gate, concessions, and sales for those international games, they wouldn't play them if they weren't.  The towns, the normal home cities, aren't getting their normal share. The city of Jacksonville isn't getting their share for parking, taxes, and any other monies, because the game wasn't played in their city.  Unless the Jags have an agreement to play 8 games per year in Jacksonville, I don't see how or why, the city will get anything for games the Jags play in London.

Don’t see why they wouldn’t.  

All Chiefs' skill players get a boost for their fantasy playoff schedule...

Week 14:  Dolphins

Week 15:  Saints

Week 16:  Falcons

...unless of course you think all Chiefs' skill players will be resting throughout the month of December with a six-game lead.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Tampa also...

Week 14 vs Minnesota

Week 15 @ Atlanta

Week 16 @ Detroit

Yeah, I was already targeting Brady this year as a solid QB1; this is kind of the cherry on top.