Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Growing Pot

20 hours ago, Herbivore said:

look up grow weed easy on google.  there are seed vendors from Amsterdam on there.  Nirvana seeds? maybe. if done right, 4 feminized seeds will work well for you.   

Name checks out.

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Better than anything your useless ass has ever brought forth.  You’re unremarkable. And dull. 

Yet you remarked. Keep the humor coming

6 minutes ago, nospk said:

Yet you remarked. Keep the humor coming

To wit

21 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I advise against doing seeds

what part of michigan are you in?

http://www.marijuanaplantsonline.com/states/mi/

2nd link is best for you

http://www.marijuanaplantsonline.com/strain-menu.htm#indicas

Midland, Michigan.  

I am not going to become a serious grower.  I just thought it might be fun to start from seed and see if I could grow a plant that produced some weed.  Question though, why are seeds so focking expensive?  These prices are insane.  If I purchased seeds and grew a plant wouldn't that plant produce seeds?  Would they be of the same quality as the ones I purchased?  It seems crazy to me that places online are charging almost $10 per seed.  That's nuts.  

9 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Midland, Michigan.  

I am not going to become a serious grower.  I just thought it might be fun to start from seed and see if I could grow a plant that produced some weed.  Question though, why are seeds so focking expensive?  These prices are insane.  If I purchased seeds and grew a plant wouldn't that plant produce seeds?  Would they be of the same quality as the ones I purchased?  It seems crazy to me that places online are charging almost $10 per seed.  That's nuts.  

thats why I suggest clones, seeds aren't just plant em and go, and no if you do it right your fems wont produce seeds, and you wont know what they cross with

Clones are a derivative weaker than the original seed, so if you were making mothers (1 plant that you take clones off) then you would want to start with a seed, as it will stay stronger.

since you arent serious, clones would be just right for you

9 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Midland, Michigan.  

You can buy a bag of weed and If there happens to be a seed in it, plant it, water it and wait. It may turn out to be female which will result in the plant budding (flowering) if you don't kill it somehow. 

It may also turn out to be male. In which case you'll plant it, water it and wait to find out you wasted your time. With an outdoor grow it might be too late to try again this year.

I've never bought seeds but I have to believe that you're buying what "should be" female seeds. Which takes some guess work and risk out of the equation. They should also be from a specific strain which speaks to quality. Hence the price. 

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

thats why I suggest clones, seeds aren't just plant em and go

At one of the parties I threw in high school, a friend of mine rolled a joint on my front porch. When he finished, he brushed the stems and one seed into the planter box in front of the porch. 

Lo and behold, a few weeks later, my dad walked into my room holding a small plant and asked me what it was. He knew what it was and he knew I knew what it was. 

Point is, with zero care or attention, a seed brushed into a planter box sprouted and grew to about 6" before it got noticed and yanked.

It isn't all that difficult to get pot to grow.  :dunno:

29 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

At one of the parties I threw in high school, a friend of mine rolled a joint on my front porch. When he finished, he brushed the stems and one seed into the planter box in front of the porch. 

Lo and behold, a few weeks later, my dad walked into my room holding a small plant and asked me what it was. He knew what it was and he knew I knew what it was. 

Point is, with zero care or attention, a seed brushed into a planter box sprouted and grew to about 6" before it got noticed and yanked.

It isn't all that difficult to get pot to grow.  :dunno:

its not difficult to grow, its difficult to grow good stuff

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

its not difficult to grow, its difficult to grow good stuff

Depends on what you start with. Garbage in, garbage out. 

It's been a lot of years but I've had success doing just what I outlined above. It doesn't have to be a science project. Start with a good seed, add plenty of sunlight and water and you should be good to go as long as you keep the pests away. 

Doing that resulted in decent enough quality that a friend of mine, who grows for the clubs in NorCal, wanted to trade some of his indoor for some of mine. 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Depends on what you start with. Garbage in, garbage out. 

It's been a lot of years but I've had success doing just what I outlined above. It doesn't have to be a science project. Start with a good seed, add plenty of sunlight and water and you should be good to go as long as you keep the pests away. 

Doing that resulted in decent enough quality that a friend of mine, who grows for the clubs in NorCal, wanted to trade some of his indoor for some of mine. 

ok

:doh:

outdoor of any sort is Bud Light at best

I deal in this stuff every single day in the biggest market in the country, but you probably know better

Take it easy there kingpin. I'm sure your method works just fine. 

Fandandy isn't trying to corner the biggest market in the country. He's looking to try growing for a hobby. You're telling a guy that quit smoking because it became a little too much for him how to grow for maximum potency. Talk about :doh:

My way will work just fine and cost considerably less while he figures out if it's something he actually wants to do.