Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

So people that died from the flu last year... can their loved ones sue?

The death toll from this likely won't = the flu of 2018 or 2019 or whatever. 

I'd be one to criticize and say "Well then why all the hub-ub and worry over the corona" -- it wasn't as bad as the "standard flu" from other years.

People will be like 'Well it would have been if they wouldn't have closed down business, quarantine, etc...All the hub-ub and worry is what prevented more deaths"

Sooooooooooo....

If I had a loved one die last year or in 2018 or whatever....
"Wait...you took measures to save people in 2020, but didn't take measures to save my loved one in 2019? Where do I sign up to sue someone? " 

Just wait...in 2021, 2022, etc  there will be commercials on TV, calling out those that had loved ones die of Corona or Flu, and they will want you to call in and allow them to take legal action for you.  "You could receive a large sum of money. There is no cost. If we don't win, you don't pay"

19 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

The death toll from this likely won't = the flu of 2018 or 2019 or whatever. 

I'd be one to criticize and say "Well then why all the hub-ub and worry over the corona" -- it wasn't as bad as the "standard flu" from other years.

People will be like 'Well it would have been if they wouldn't have closed down business, quarantine, etc...All the hub-ub and worry is what prevented more deaths"

Sooooooooooo....

If I had a loved one die last year or in 2018 or whatever....
"Wait...you took measures to save people in 2020, but didn't take measures to save my loved one in 2019? Where do I sign up to sue someone? " 

Just wait...in 2021, 2022, etc  there will be commercials on TV, calling out those that had loved ones die of Corona or Flu, and they will want you to call in and allow them to take legal action for you.  "You could receive a large sum of money. There is no cost. If we don't win, you don't pay"

You really need to delete this post.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Interesting take. I'll have to remember that line. 

Have you been exposes to clorox wipes...hand sanitizers...lysol?  You may have a case....

8 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

You think the US numbers will be higher?  It seems like we have a long was to go to meet the death toll of the flu of the past. And I'm not gonna delete. I have no problem being wrong in this case. 

I don't watch much news. I stay off Fox and CNN, and don't watch news on TV since this started.  By accident ( I sure as hell don' search for it)  I've seen some death tolls, and they seem low so far????

3 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

You think the US numbers will be higher?  It seems like we have a long was to go to meet the death toll of the flu of the past. And I'm not gonna delete. I have no problem being wrong in this case. 

I don't watch much news. I stay off Fox and CNN, and don't watch news on TV since this started.  By accident ( I sure as hell don' search for it)  I've seen some death tolls, and they seem low so far????

Dr. Fauci estimated(guessing from models they are using), 100-240K.   Figure double the worse flu is still 140K---that might still be on the low end.   

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

Dr. Fauci estimated(guessing from models they are using), 100-240K.   Figure double the worse flu is still 140K---that might still be on the low end.   

What is the actual # so far?   US and worldwide?