Cloaca du jour

Bronx zoo Tiger has Corona...wtf?

Feline Corona virus is a thing.

We lost a kitten to it a few years back. It wasn't pretty. :(

18 minutes ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

I’m sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your sincere condolences. Some people would make light of such a  tragic situation but, thankfully, the Geek Club is home to some truly empathetic individuals who aren't afraid to support one another in a time of need.  :cheers:

• Like 2

Sooooo.....   Is Trump responsible for wasting a precious COVID test on a zoo animal?  Nothing against the tiger.  Just seems a bit odd. 

There's a zoo keeper in the Bronx who is worried his game is up.

I knew a lady who had a cat that was 15 years old. It had a lot of problems, but she couldn't let it go. She admittedly ended up spending over $10,000 in medical expenses to keep it alive because she couldn't cope with the loss. I felt bad for her husband. 

Honestly, I've been waiting for the press to issue an update / retraction saying the tiger actually doesn't have COVID-19.   And then the press will blame Trump or someone in the medical field for the mixup.

is it male? did Joe Freak inseminate it before he sold it?

12 hours ago, 5-Points said:

That sucks man. Sorry about your loss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

So, how can you tell if a tiger has a cough?

Grab it by the balls

So is there an actual shortage of test kits or not?  If so, why would they waste one on a tiger?

7 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

So is there an actual shortage of test kits or not?  If so, why would they waste one on a tiger?

Different test for tigers.  They did not waste a human test on a tiger, but they also apparently don't have to wait very long to get their results back.  Which begs the question of, if this is the first case of a tiger getting it, how do they know and so quickly that the tiger has it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, riversco said:

Honestly, I've been waiting for the press to issue an update / retraction saying the tiger actually doesn't have COVID-19.   And then the press will blame Trump or someone in the medical field for the mixup.

At first read this appears as another crazy hysteria story. But they are trying to say the virus has now jumped species- from humans to the big cats. And this is apparently not the only big cat at the zoo infected with the virus. I'm actually surprised this story isn't getting more play.

I"m calling bullshit.  

14 hours ago, 5-Points said:

I am sorry.   Lost so many pets and it is never easy.  Especially if they are young or suffering. 

• Like 1

Anyone else think the Bronx Zoo will be looking for federal funding in the next stimulus package?  :rolleyes: 

1 hour ago, usurpers26 said:

Carole Focking Baskin 😡

My first thoughts as well. 

AVMA reports on testing in Wuhan on 102 cats that were analyzed for COVID-19 antibodies before and after the outbreak.  None prior, 17 exhibited after.  So it sound like cats can be infected, but no evidence on transmitting to humans or getting from humans ... most of the 17 were from kennels or strays ... not living with infected individuals.

see second preprint study in literature section: https://www.avma.org/resources-tools/animal-health-and-welfare/covid-19/sars-cov-2-animals-including-pets

9 minutes ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

AVMA reports on testing in Wuhan on 102 cats that were analyzed for COVID-19 antibodies before and after the outbreak.  None prior, 17 exhibited after.  So it sound like cats can be infected, but no evidence on transmitting to humans or getting from humans ... most of the 17 were from kennels or strays ... not living with infected individuals.

see second preprint study in literature section: https://www.avma.org/resources-tools/animal-health-and-welfare/covid-19/sars-cov-2-animals-including-pets

What about catfuckers like Sux?  Can they get it from a cat that way?

I call bullchit

19 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I knew a lady who had a cat that was 15 years old. It had a lot of problems, but she couldn't let it go. She admittedly ended up spending over $10,000 in medical expenses to keep it alive because she couldn't cope with the loss. I felt bad for her husband. 

Our cat just died last year after 19 years.  We got him the same week my son was born so he took it especially hard since it's been his buddy the entire time.

19 years, though.  That's pretty good for a cat.

12 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

I"m calling bullshit.  

I said the same