MDC

So what’s your alcohol consumption like these days?

1 hour ago, frank said:

You have to get the same drink? :dunno:

Yes. When 10/15 of us (bartenders included) are doing a shot it is annoying to do something then the rest of the group. Shot not drink. 

OOTMFCFO

58 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Yes. When 10/15 of us (bartenders included) are doing a shot it is annoying to do something then the rest of the group. Shot not drink. 

OOTMFCFO

Square people don’t get it. 

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Square people don’t get it. 

Ha. Good point. We think out of the BOX. 

On 4/17/2020 at 7:24 PM, DonS said:

Awesome!   Glad it was worth it.  I checked Total Wine and I see Ardbeg 10 is just a few dollars more than Laphroaig 10.  I'll give it a shot when it's time to replenish. 

@Big Blue 06 I just hit rock bottom in covid shopping.  While I could drive to Total Wine, I just decided fock it and ordered some Ardbeg 10 for home delivery.  Should be here in a couple hours.  Laziness certainly has a cost, though, as delivery fee is $11 and I added a 15% tip for the driver.  I'll let you know what I think of Ardbeg.  :cheers:

2 hours ago, DonS said:

@Big Blue 06 I just hit rock bottom in covid shopping.  While I could drive to Total Wine, I just decided fock it and ordered some Ardbeg 10 for home delivery.  Should be here in a couple hours.  Laziness certainly has a cost, though, as delivery fee is $11 and I added a 15% tip for the driver.  I'll let you know what I think of Ardbeg.  :cheers:

That’s awesome.  I eagerly await your review.  I know what you mean about civic shopping.  Two days ago, I ordered a couple of cases of beer for me and a bottle of tequila for the wife (it’s the Rock’s new brand of tequila).  When things get back to normal, I may still just order all of my stuff and never go anywhere.  :cheers:

Literally double what it was before but without the bars. Liver is really hurting. Not working makes it worse.

1 minute ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Literally double what it was before but without the bars. Liver is really hurting. Not working makes it worse.

My best friend was boozing heavily heading into this (for a variety of reasons). He basically quit cold turkey (and a trip to the hospital) and has been sober for over a month. 

Hope you can dial it back

8 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Did you keep the family business and not working or not working because of the Covid ?

1 hour ago, Big Blue 06 said:

That’s awesome.  I eagerly await your review.  I know what you mean about civic shopping.  Two days ago, I ordered a couple of cases of beer for me and a bottle of tequila for the wife (it’s the Rock’s new brand of tequila).  When things get back to normal, I may still just order all of my stuff and never go anywhere.  :cheers:

It's a COVID miracle!!!! The doordash driver just delivered my scotch. I showed him my ID and brought the package inside. I then noticed that in addition to my scotch there were 3 bottles of wine. I ran back out to catch him before he left and explained how the wine wasn't mine. In broken English he just said "this is what they gave me. You have their number, yes?". Guess that $11 delivery fee + tip equals free wine. Fock going through the effort to fix their mistake. Guess this makes me an azzhole, but I did immediately run outside and reported the mistake. 

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

It's a COVID miracle!!!! The doordash driver just delivered my scotch. I showed him my ID and brought the package inside. I then noticed that in addition to my scotch there were 3 bottles of wine. I ran back out to catch him before he left and explained how the wine wasn't mine. In broken English he just said "this is what they gave me. You have their number, yes?". Guess that $11 delivery fee + tip equals free wine. Fock going through the effort to fix their mistake. Guess this makes me an azzhole, but I did immediately run outside and reported the mistake. 

You went above and beyond. I applaud you. Enjoy the vino

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You went above and beyond. I applaud you. Enjoy the vino

Just looked up the wine that was gifted to me. Bottles were $26/$40/$32.

Yeehaw! 

1 hour ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I'm not very good at describing my experience when enjoying a new scotch/wine/beer, but here's a very basic review.  Unfortunately I don't have any Laphroaig 10 on hand for a side by side comparison.

Definitely has the same (yummy) peaty/medicinal smell as Laphroaig.

Color seems to be a bit paler, though of course that doesn't mean anything in terms of taste.

Nice little bit of burn and the lingering aftertaste is nice as well.

I really need to taste side by side w Laphroaig 10 to decide if I want to spend the few extra dollars next time I'm out, but I certainly enjoy this scotch.  Thanks for bringing Ardbeg back to my attention! 

Bonus points for the little dog pic in the packaging. 

:cheers:

Well since I’m driving to work instead of mass transit - of course my alcohol in take has ..... gone up !

Fvck

I recently received a gift from someone. Clovis Pointe Vineyards in Jamesport NY. 

All 4 bottles were between $30 and $49.99. We  Cooked a sauerbraten Sunday and opened the Cab Sav that was 50 bucks. Wife and I enjoyed it but both boys thought it was gross.