MDC

So what’s your alcohol consumption like these days?

Just now, Gladiators said:

This thread is really getting me in the mood.

:wub: 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

People with young children shouldn’t be drinking at home all the time. Especially now. Don’t like it? TS. Do your job. 

Interesting.  I never drank at all when my kids were young.  I was always paranoid about not being sober enough to help them if something went wrong.  

They’re older now, but I still don’t drink in front of them.  Only after they’re asleep.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Interesting.  I never drank at all when my kids were young.  I was always paranoid about not being sober enough to help them if something went wrong.  

They’re older now, but I still don’t drink in front of them.  Only after they’re asleep.  

Exactly. Plus kids have had their lives disrupted and don’t fully understand it.  Daddy might want to be in his best frame of mind. That’s just me. Call me nuts. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Exactly. Plus kids have had their lives disrupted and don’t fully understand it.  Daddy might want to be in his best frame of mind. That’s just me. Call me nuts. 

Nuts 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The kids’ lives have been disrupted enough. No need for dad to suddenly change his ways. That would only create more confusion.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

I didn't know this was possible.

On a regular work week I don’t drink vodka at 6AM. Working from home I do. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

People with young children shouldn’t be drinking at home all the time. Especially now. Don’t like it? TS. Do your job. 

My kids drink with me - well not kids. 21 and 18

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Ok forget coronavirus, we have a new crisis...we are going to run out of booze!

I won’t. You might. 

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Just mixed a birthday drink

Happy birfday!  :cheers:

How old are ya?

16 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Happy Birthday. I’m in 12 hours. I was born day after Easter and Easter was a blizzard in NY. Or so I’m told. I don’t remember 😝

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Happy birfday!  :cheers:

How old are ya?

Just now, shotsup said:

Happy Birthday. I’m in 12 hours. 

Glass of wine every night. Sometimes a beer too. I look forward to it all day. Wife and I both working from home while watching a 3 and 5 year old has been hard on both of us. Im also working out twice a day and take about 5 walks around the neighborhood to help with the stress. Thinking about taking up smoking again. 

3 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am giving up drinking jerking off for a month.

Wait, I missed some punctuation.

I am giving up. Drinking jerking off  for a month.

1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Youngin like me.

Happy birthday

Makes me feel old

6 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Glass of wine every night. Sometimes a beer too. I look forward to it all day. Wife and I both working from home while watching a 3 and 5 year old has been hard on both of us. Im also working out twice a day and take about 5 walks around the neighborhood to help with the stress. Thinking about taking up smoking again. 

What do you do to work out?  I'm working out every day -- mixture of HIIT, weights, running, hiking, yoga -- but only once per day.  Well, occasional neighborhood walks as well.  :cheers:

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

What do you do to work out?  I'm working out every day -- mixture of HIIT, weights, running, hiking, yoga -- but only once per day.  Well, occasional neighborhood walks as well.  :cheers:

Mostly been doing the Insanity workout in the morning, which is a Beachbody workout. I was lifting (very light) weights but hurt my elbow, so now rotating yoga and pilates instead. Its getting warmer so Ill start running and biking too. Thinking biking will be nice with the absence of traffic on the roads.

I need to get into HIITS more. Do you watch a video or just have a good routine you follow? 

More often but less each time. 3-4 days instead of 2. Bourbon instead of beer. :dunno:

We've discovered virtual happy hour with our friends from the lake.  Face time with six friends, all drinking.   Friday night it lasted six hours.  

3 hours ago, vuduchile said:

There was an episode of M.A.S.H. where Hawkeye got in trouble for being hungover during surgery. The thing is, they got drunk all the time and had unexpected casualties all the time. :dunno:

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Well that's because you are old. 54?

(51)

1 hour ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Mostly been doing the Insanity workout in the morning, which is a Beachbody workout. I was lifting (very light) weights but hurt my elbow, so now rotating yoga and pilates instead. Its getting warmer so Ill start running and biking too. Thinking biking will be nice with the absence of traffic on the roads.

I need to get into HIITS more. Do you watch a video or just have a good routine you follow? 

Wife and I go to a HIIT gym during normal times; they've been putting out a daily workout and broadcasting live Zoom classes.  The people there are part of our closest friends group so it is good to see them, if even virtually.

We also have access to some video and audio classes through Gympass which is how we attend the HIIT as well as a regular gym and yoga studio, and more if we wanted, for $40 per month (wife's company subsidizes).

Finally, I put together variations of an upper body workout -- I've got a pullup bar and programmable dumbbells at home.  I'm training to run "Pat's Run" (Pat Tillman), a 4.2 mile charity run on 4/18, and I wanted to give my legs some days of rest.  :cheers:

4 hours ago, Gladiators said:

:cheers:

4 hours ago, shotsup said:

Happy Birthday. I’m in 12 hours. I was born day after Easter and Easter was a blizzard in NY. Or so I’m told. I don’t remember 😝

:cheers:

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am giving up drinking for a month.

Wait, I missed some punctuation.

I am giving up. Drinking for a month.

:lol:

I ordered some delivery from Total Wine. It was great and I did not get within 10 feet of the driver. He put my alcohol on the front porch, and I put my drivers license down for him on the driveway to scan. Nothing to sign and it showed up within 3 hours of me placing the order.

I got some Founders IPA, some red wines, and some sake.  I wanted to get the ingredients for dirty martini's but they did not have olive juice. I will need to remember to get olives when I am at the store next.

10 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I got some Founders IPA, some red wines, and some sake.  I wanted to get the ingredients for dirty martini's [/b]but they did not have olive juice.[/b] I will need to remember to get olives when I am at the store next.

Did they have stuffed olives? Can use the brine.

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I ordered some delivery from Total Wine. It was great and I did not get within 10 feet of the driver. He put my alcohol on the front porch, and I put my drivers license down for him on the driveway to scan. Nothing to sign and it showed up within 3 hours of me placing the order.

I got some Founders IPA, some red wines, and some sake.  I wanted to get the ingredients for dirty martini's but they did not have olive juice. I will need to remember to get olives when I am at the store next.

What’s the tipping protocol on a delivery like that? 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What’s the tipping protocol on a delivery like that? 

Total wine defaults to 5%, but I went to 10%. My total order ended up being 150 dollars so the delivery guy made out pretty good i think.

10 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Did they have stuffed olives? Can use the brine.

They do not have a good selection right now, no fat tire, no Guinness,  poor selection on wines, and accessories.  I assume their service is quite popular right now.

On an unrelated subject, my wife and I have frequented a Japanese restaurant for a number of years, and I feel bad but I cannot even order takeout, I am far too paranoid. However I was hoping to buy a large quantity of tonkatsu ramen broth at what they determined the appropriate markup to be.However that was not an option even though I offered to pay a ridiculous markup, 50+ dollars for a decent pot of broth.

I wish that more restaurants sold uncooked meals ala Papa Murphie's, or partially cooked meals like home made broths.

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

They do not have a good selection right now, no fat tire, no Guinness,  poor selection on wines, and accessories.  I assume their service is quite popular right now.

On an unrelated subject, my wife and I have frequented a Japanese restaurant for a number of years, and I feel bad but I cannot even order takeout, however I was hoping to buy a large quantity of tonkatsu ramen broth at what they determined the appropriate markup to be.However that was not an option even though I offered to pay a ridiculous markup, 50 dollars for a decent pot of broth.

I wish that more restaurants sold uncooked meals ala Papa Murphie's, or partially cooked meals like home made broths.

I have been talking to many of my customers about take out "kits." Some are interested, and some just want to do their abbreviated menus.

11 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Total wine defaults to 5%, but I went to 10%. My total order ended up being 150 dollars so the delivery guy made out pretty good i think.

Nice. 

8 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I have been talking to many of my customers about take out "kits." Some are interested, and some just want to do their abbreviated menus.

I could get on board with kits that go straight into the oven or on the stove along with contactless take out. I cannot eat food that other people prepare that I do not see go in the oven.

11 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I could get on board with kits that go straight into the oven or on the stove along with contactless take out. I cannot eat food that other people prepare that I do not see go in the oven.

As restaurants' sales are dramatically down, those that remain open (doing curbside, delivery, and to go) are taking extra precautions with their sanitation practices.