Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

We should take this time to completely repave the 405

And high traffic areas of the 101.  Some of them are just so rough these days.    With everyone off the road, it should be easy to 100% repave it.

Just now, riversco said:

And high traffic areas of the 101.  Some of them are just so rough these days.    With everyone off the road, it should be easy to 100% repave it.

Good luck with that.  It took them near a decade to add one lane.

26 minutes ago, riversco said:

Id love for you to look at western ny roads and then reassess.  Im assuming you dont know what rough roads are.

4 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Id love for you to look at western ny roads and then reassess.  Im assuming you dont know what rough roads are.

Truth!

I thought Houston had crap roads until I spent time driving between my former in-laws home in Amherst and their property in the Finger Lakes.  

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

Truth!

I thought Houston had crap roads until I spent time driving between my former in-laws home in Amherst and their property in the Finger Lakes.  

The 90?

I drive the 405 from the 110 to the 105 everyday.  It's not rough at all.

The point has merit, right now is a fantastic time to allow people to get all over the infrastructure.  But it would require some relaxing of the posture toward quarantine.

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The point has merit, right now is a fantastic time to allow people to get all over the infrastructure.  But it would require some relaxing of the posture toward quarantine.

It would also require money.  The States and localities are not going to have the money to pay for anything for a while.  This a huge financial hit to them.  The taxes on gasoline and diesel to pay for road infrastructure waaaay down.  Of course I guess the Federal government could go deeper into debt.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

It would also require money.  The States and localities are not going to have the money to pay for anything for a while.  This a huge financial hit to them.  The taxes on gasoline and diesel to pay for road infrastructure waaaay down.  Of course I guess the Federal government could go deeper into debt.

Agree.  The government has shown a certain openness to increasing debt. But right now materials should be at a great price, the cost to enhance might never be lower.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Agree.  The government has shown a certain openness to increasing debt. But right now materials should be at a great price, the cost to enhance might never be lower.

:thumbsup: