Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Priest/Maiden tour in 2021?

Did they ever tour together ? Was a big fan of both but do not recall them touring together 

I would have loved this 35 years ago (had seen them both independent of each other back then).

53 minutes ago, frank said:

Priest > Maiden

While I personally prefer Iron Maiden, I was a huge Judas Priest fan back in high school. Unfortunately I've never had a chance to see Priest in concert.  Sadly I was out of town on a high school class trip when they came to our town on the Defenders of the Faith tour.  They then started going downhill after that.  <cough>Turbo Lover<cough>

They've been on tour a few times in recent years but I believe Glenn Tipton was no longer with them.  Didn't quite feel like seeing them without their core lineup.

Feels like it's time for some British Steel! :headbanger:

Honestly I gave up on both bands

JP after Defenders of the Faith 

and

Iron Maiden after Somewhere in Time. Although I gave up after Powerslave and years later picked up Somewhere in Time. But it ended there. 

17 minutes ago, shotsup said:

Honestly I gave up on both bands

JP after Defenders of the Faith 

and

Iron Maiden after Somewhere in Time. Although I gave up after Powerslave and years later picked up Somewhere in Time. But it ended there. 

You should check out the more recent Maiden albums (Brave New World and newer) after Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith rejoined the band. 

20 minutes ago, DonS said:

You should check out the more recent Maiden albums (Brave New World and newer) after Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith rejoined the band. 

A Matter of Life and Death.  Sure thing on Priest.

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

A Matter of Life and Death.  Sure thing on Priest.

Paschendale on Dance of Death is an awesome track.  One of my favorites. 

KK Downing said in his book that they never toured together much because Maiden didn't show Priest the proper respect/homage...….🙄  

I've seen 'em both like half a dozen times each - kicked ass back in the day but enough is enough.   I lost Priest at Turbo and Maiden mostly after Piece of Mind.

2 hours ago, scott4507 said:

KK Downing said in his book that they never toured together much because Maiden didn't show Priest the proper respect/homage...….🙄  

I've seen 'em both like half a dozen times each - kicked ass back in the day but enough is enough.   I lost Priest at Turbo and Maiden mostly after Piece of Mind.

Same. Me after Defenders and Powerslave although I did relapse at one point and enjoyed Somewhere in Time but it was years after its release.