Sign in to follow this  
Strike

Covid sports watching

So, with Covid having pretty much killed sports, a lot of channels are showing repeats of previous sports or being creative such as NASCAR televising their stars playing video game racing.  What are you watching, if anything?

This past weekend I watched two of Duke's NCAA championship game wins, a replay of an old Bristol NASCAR race, and part of their iRacing race since people were talking about it here.  I don't think I'll be watching iRacing again lol. 

The only thing I have watched was that NBC Sports Washington was playing the Capitals remaining schedule with NHL 20...  Saw seven virtual games...

But that is it...  I can't watch sporting events where the outcome is known, unless it is a team that I like to really watch...

I actually watched the Tetris Championships last weekend on ESPN.  

1984 World Series is on MLB all day today.

I have had many of the repeat NFL games on in the background.  I've been enjoying seeing misc players as rookies.

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I have had many of the repeat NFL games on in the background.  I've been enjoying seeing misc players as rookies.

I watched 5 plays of Romo's first game. Then it wore off and I watched 10 episodes of the Office.

• Haha 1

I haven't been able to get into any of the replays.  I've tried to watch some from all 3 of the major sports, but haven't stuck with them.  I prefer the docs like 30 for 30 or sports themed movies right now. 

We watched the movie "Greater" on netflix the other night.  It's based on Brandon Bullsworth's life and tragic death.  It was a good clean family football movie.  

16 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I haven't been able to get into any of the replays.  I've tried to watch some from all 3 of the major sports, but haven't stuck with them.  I prefer the docs like 30 for 30 or sports themed movies right now. 

We watched the movie "Greater" on netflix the other night.  It's based on Brandon Bullsworth's life and tragic death.  It was a good clean family football movie.  

Um four...

In case anyone is interested, Redzone is playing each week of the NFL season in full.  If you're craving Scott Hansen you can have him in the off season!!

23 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Not for me

Yeah I can see removing football...

Good call...

I’m not a big boxing fan but I’ve been watching some classic heavyweight fights of the 90s: Holyfield vs Tyson, Bowe and Foreman. Also a bunch of Pacquiao’s fights. Damn that guy was fast. 

I watched the Cowboys last Super Bowl win the other day in it’s entirety. It was fun to watch Blockbuster Video commercials. 

• Haha 1

I caught the Giants/Patriots Super Bowl replay from 2007 the other day.  Damn, but that was a good game.

18 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I watched the Cowboys last Super Bowl win the other day in it’s entirety. It was fun to watch Blockbuster Video commercials. 

:lol:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I caught the Giants/Patriots Super Bowl replay from 2007 the other day.  Damn, but that was a good game.

DISLIKE!

I watched the gif of Tommy Pigtails dropping that pass in SB 52 a couple dozen times.