Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Easter Menu

Hey,

What's everyone having for Easter? I've got some lamb chops and fingerling potatoes so far...

Desert will be German Chocolate Cake...

Any other suggestions?

:)

TIA

It's my oldest 16 Bday.  He want's fijitas.  

I'm good with that but it is making me go to the grocery store an extra time. 

Standing Rib Roost with horseradish and au jus 

Loaded Baked potatoes

Asparagus

Italian Cream cake

A couple of bottles of wine  

Jerry's wife is getting my kielbasa with a side of yeast infection.  :banana:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Jerry's wife is getting my kielbasa with a side of yeast infection.  :banana:

We've beaten that flaccid horse.  :mellow:

Anyway, I was able to get the kielbasa yesterday, so we'll have that and the baked ham (with my wife's "grammy's mustard sauce" which is like a hollandaise sauce, pure unhealthy awesomeness).  Instead of pierogi we'll have the insides of them:  mashed potatoes and cabbage sauteed with onions and butter.  Probably some green veggie to make the meal healthy.  Oh, and the cholla egg bread from the freezer (my Polish family called it Paska bread), if it defrosts OK :cheers:

Funny we decided to give a local restaurant in town the business that takes out ads in local paper and also supports the charity we all volunteer for. 

called her up last night and asked what they were offering and she just rattled off few things and I asked to make it easy do they have a package that feeds 6-8 people- she says we do not serve that way if you want that call @&&@“& (one of her competitors in town) I said I wanted to give you the business and she replied she doesn’t need my business-

Goodbye and Good Riddance. 

11 minutes ago, nospk said:

Chinese

Jew ?

3 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

It's my oldest 16 Bday.  He want's fijitas.  

I'm good with that but it is making me go to the grocery store an extra time. 

Maybe he is tired of waiting for his inheritance. :dunno:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, shotsup said:

Funny we decided to give a local restaurant in town the business that takes out ads in local paper and also supports the charity we all volunteer for. 

called her up last night and asked what they were offering and she just rattled off few things and I asked to make it easy do they have a package that feeds 6-8 people- she says we do not serve that way if you want that call @&&@“& (one of her competitors in town) I said I wanted to give you the business and she replied she doesn’t need my business-

Interesting. We have an Irish bar and restaurant that did just the opposite. Pretty much dropped individual portions and went with family style.

Do not celebrate, so not doing anything "special."  Will likely do take out to support a local restaurant.

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

In honor of Jesus' time on the cross, I'm making hanger steak.

...too soon? 🙁

I thought you were going to marinate it for 3 days 

Easter's arrival means that peenie should be back.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

In honor of Jesus' time on the cross, I'm making hanger steak.

...too soon? 🙁

Very nice!  Make sure you drink a nice bottle of the blood of Christ. 

Slow smoked brisket, beef ribs, potato salad, charro beans, corn salad. 

15 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Anyway, I was able to get the kielbasa yesterday, so we'll have that and the baked ham (with my wife's "grammy's mustard sauce" which is like a hollandaise sauce, pure unhealthy awesomeness).  Instead of pierogi we'll have the insides of them:  mashed potatoes and cabbage sauteed with onions and butter.  Probably some green veggie to make the meal healthy.  Oh, and the cholla egg bread from the freezer (my Polish family called it Paska bread), if it defrosts OK :cheers:

Your tatters sound good. 

Gonna be pretty simple this year.  I have a nice spiral sliced ham, my MIL will make potato salad, and I've got the stuff to make a nice antipasto tray.  I'll make some sorta salad, a corn casserole and I might try homemade biscuits.  

The kids will get a ton of candy, so my wife will probably go easy on the desserts.  Probably just a chocolate cake or something.  

16 hours ago, shotsup said:

Jew ?

Joke

17 hours ago, shotsup said:

Wow,I have friends in the restaurant business here that would love an opportunity like that.

18 hours ago, shotsup said:

1 hour ago, nzoner said:

Wow,I have friends in the restaurant business here that would love an opportunity like that.

Yeah.  Crazy that a restaurant would be turning away business right now... plus feeding 6-8 is a nice quick pop for them.

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Yeah.  Crazy that a restaurant would be turning away business right now... plus feeding 6-8 is a nice quick pop for them.

My wife knows the owner for over 30 years and said she has always been a biotch (it’s friends older sister)

I am thinking of killing a rabbit just to show the boy who the boss is

17 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I am thinking of killing a rabbit just to show the boy who the boss is

You gonna take it out of his cage first?  

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

You gonna take it out of his cage first?  

Of course....you have to make it look like the buny had a chance. 

On 4/8/2020 at 3:05 PM, jerryskids said:

"Mashed potatoes and cabbage sauteed with onions and butter."

That's that's an Irish dish called colcannon.

24 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

"Mashed potatoes and cabbage sauteed with onions and butter."

That's that's an Irish dish called colcannon.

It's also what goes inside the pierogi we ate growing up.  But since you and NV both mentioned it... my grammar was poor; the wife is making the potatoes and cabbage/onions/butter separately.  I'll end up mushing them together but, for instance, my son the picky eater will only eat the potatoes.  Whatever, it will be yummy.  :cheers:

I am so making this dish today. I have all ingredients on hand. Saw one recipe adding bacon !!!

What a day. Book advice from @posty and food advice from @wiffleball

:wave:

12 minutes ago, shotsup said:

I am so making this dish today. I have all ingredients on hand. Saw one recipe adding bacon !!!

What a day. Book advice from @posty and food advice from @wiffleball

:wave:

:lol:

Well it is the apocalypse...

49 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

It's also what goes inside the pierogi we ate growing up.  But since you and NV both mentioned it... my grammar was poor; the wife is making the potatoes and cabbage/onions/butter separately.  I'll end up mushing them together but, for instance, my son the picky eater will only eat the potatoes.  Whatever, it will be yummy.  :cheers:

Love me some Pierogies. Fried, boiled, baked, damn, it's like tater ravioli. 💜