usurpers26

PPP Loan

Trump just said if a company got money that they determine was inappropriate, they’ll get it back. 

Harvard University is getting $9M.  Why exactly?

32 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Trump just said if a company got money that they determine was inappropriate, they’ll get it back. 

Harvard University is getting $9M.  Why exactly?

Nice. But what’s inappropriate ? Lots of wiggle room there. 

40 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Good.

26 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nice. But what’s inappropriate ? Lots of wiggle room there. 

Yeah. Just talk right now, but at least the backlash is spreading beyond a low rent message board.  

Glad they put additional funding in it.  Now go get some back from the fraudsters shouldn’t have gotten it in the first round. 

At least 75 companies that received the aid were publicly traded, the AP found, and some had market values well over $100 million. And 25% of the companies had warned investors months ago — while the economy was humming along — that their ability to remain viable was in question.

Several had also had stock buy backs in the last year. 

Anyone hear what the banks are making off of these loans at all.  I was told they are making 5% and it comes off the loan to the business.

15 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Anyone hear what the banks are making off of these loans at all.  I was told they are making 5% and it comes off the loan to the business.

No money came off our loan, we got wired the exact amount we were approved for.

1 minute ago, usurpers26 said:

No money came off our loan, we got wired the exact amount we were approved for.

Ok.  Maybe it's just a rumor then.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah.  I know they made a big to-do on how there was no "cost" to the borrower (of course we all pay for it in the long run).  Who knows what the feds and lenders have worked out on the back end.

39 minutes ago, usurpers26 said:

Yeah.  I know they made a big to-do on how there was no "cost" to the borrower (of course we all pay for it in the long run).  Who knows what the feds and lenders have worked out on the back end.

They are interest-bearing at 1%.  I assume that is the bank's cut.  And even if you eventually get full forgiveness on the loan principle, the vig is running from day 1 so there will be some interest to be paid.  

43 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

More large chains are returning money.  Gotta love how they dress up their press releases to make it sound like they’re just repaying the loan early or are making a decision to help their fellow man https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/big-companies-ppp-loans-122733200.html

Peer Pressure is real

Is everyone paying attention yet? Is there anyone here who would have been ok with their tax dollars going to this HOA?  

How about this, sound familiar? 

Leticia Miranda
NBC NewsApril 25, 2020, 1:47 PM EDT

A housing association representing the richest zip code in America was approved to receive a $2 million emergency coronavirus relief loan from the Small Business Administration, despite suffering no layoffs and no apparent financial impact from the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/private-haven-wealthy-received-2m-230139731.html

Remember Monty Bennett when we look at the thieves who stole from the small businesses that deserved these funds.

Good thing we have an independent auditor overseeing the distribution of funds to prevent fraud. 👍

22 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Remember Monty Bennett when we look at the thieves who stole from the small businesses that deserved these funds.

Good thing we have an independent auditor overseeing the distribution of funds to prevent fraud. 👍

Another focking joke.  Damn. 

Anyone hear what GM and FCA are getting? 
ETA: Ford too?

1 minute ago, nospk said:

Anyone hear what GM and FCA are getting? 
ETA: Ford too?

Too big to fail again right?

On 4/22/2020 at 9:21 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

Any thoughts on this now?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/small-business-owners-could-face-jail-time-as-doj-launches-investigation-into-coronavirus-loan-program-2020-05-01?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

But last week the government issued further guidance saying that applicants must exhaust other avenues of liquidity that would enable them to support ongoing operations. “This suggests a more robust analysis than what a lot of folks initially anticipated,” said Adams. “Businesses should do a fresh analysis to understand if they can support this certification before May 7,” a government-set deadline for paying back loans.

On 5/2/2020 at 7:46 PM, vuduchile said:

Any thoughts on this now?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/small-business-owners-could-face-jail-time-as-doj-launches-investigation-into-coronavirus-loan-program-2020-05-01?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

But last week the government issued further guidance saying that applicants must exhaust other avenues of liquidity that would enable them to support ongoing operations. “This suggests a more robust analysis than what a lot of folks initially anticipated,” said Adams. “Businesses should do a fresh analysis to understand if they can support this certification before May 7,” a government-set deadline for paying back loans.

What about it?

49 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What about it

Give it back.  You don’t need it and you’re taking funds from someone who does.  

9 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Give it back.  You don’t need it and you’re taking funds from someone who does.  

If we meet the requirements we will keep the money and if we do not meet the requirements then we will pay it back with 1% interest.  It's really just that simple.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

If we meet the requirements we will keep the money and if we do not meet the requirements then we will pay it back with 1% interest.  It's really just that simple.

Definition of require

transitive verb

1a: to claim or ask for by right and authority
barchaic : REQUEST
2a: to call for as suitable or appropriate the occasion requires formal dress
b: to demand as necessary or essential : have a compelling need for all living beings require food

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Definition of require

transitive verb

1a: to claim or ask for by right and authority
barchaic : REQUEST
2a: to call for as suitable or appropriate the occasion requires formal dress
b: to demand as necessary or essential : have a compelling need for all living beings require food

👍

On 4/27/2020 at 8:57 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Caved to the pressure.  They’re returning the $59M

We just had to send an employee home because his mom was exposed to people confirmed to have COVID-19 and he was around his mom all weekend.  This is the third employee we've sent home for precautionary reasons.

On 4/13/2020 at 7:41 PM, vuduchile said:

No.  My crews are all 1099 contractors, so they’re not on payroll.  

Still working with landlord to forgive some or all of my rent for whatever time period we’re shut down   

I applied for the $10K EIDL advance.   Also filed for unemployment Sat when they opened that up to self-employed people.  

Haven’t seen money from either source yet.   

We received a $1K advance from the SBA EIDL program today.  

Still waiting on the actual loan details, but it’s a start.  

I don’t love the idea of taking on debt, but it’s low interest and the first payment is deferred for a year.

I just hope biz actually comes back to workable levels before then.  

I heard Russians give PP for free

Just found out we have a second employee who may have been exposed to COVID-19 and is now quarantining.  I'm glad we got that loan because I doubt these are going to be our only employees that I pay to stay home because of this.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Just found out we have a second employee who may have been exposed to COVID-19 and is now quarantining.  I'm glad we got that loan because I doubt these are going to be our only employees that I pay to stay home because of this.

Nice try. They can go on unemployment. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nice try. They can go on unemployment. 

Why would I want my employees to go on unemployment?

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why would I want my employees to go on unemployment?

So you don’t have to pay them? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you don’t have to pay them? 

Or I'll pay them until it's ok for him to come back because I can.  Concern is growing among my employees and I'm hoping more don't have to stay home.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Or I'll pay them until it's ok for him to come back because I can.  Concern is growing among my employees and I'm hoping more don't have to stay home.

You’re going to pay him with tax payer money. Mighty white of you.