38 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think the Eagles have the best team in the division.  I can see them winning 12 games this coming season.

Well, it’s probably the worst the division has ever been, so not that impressive. 

47 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I almost feel bad for the Skins.......they've gotten lost in the shuffle 

Yeah, they had that one year with RG3, but have kinda been a non-entity for quite a while now. Rivera should get them headed in the right direction.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Too true. Idk how normal eagles fans can defend the fucktards who root for the same team. Dude getting pelted with beer with 2 children under his arms, he talked shlt and deserved it according to "normal" fans.

I’ve been to games in all four corners of the country and many in between. I have never seen anything close to the scum that are at Eagles games.  

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, it’s probably the worst the division has ever been, so not that impressive. 

I don't know about that.  Dallas should be better this season.  The Giants will likely be better, they just need a few upgrades that I believe this draft will allow them to address, and possibly be a .500 team.  The Redskins?  meh.  Depends on how Haskins evolves and if they help him out.  I can see them as a 6+ win team.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, they had that one year with RG3, but have kinda been a non-entity for quite a while now. Rivera should get them headed in the right direction.  

true......gonna be another crazy year

15 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s all in fun. We can agree that the eagles are the scum of the division. I always root for the Cowboys then. 

I usually root for the Stadium to blowup 

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Can we take prop bets on which GM/Coach forgets to mute his mic when he heads to the crapper?

No.  Because it will be Gettleman. Book it. 

• Haha 1

So Lions fans, what’s the consensus on who they pick if they stay put? Any chance they would take a QB? Is it Okudah, Simmons? 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So Lions fans, what’s the consensus on who they pick if they stay put? Any chance they would take a QB? Is it Okudah, Simmons? 

Not a Lions fan but I think Derrick Brown is being undersold a bit to the Lions.  Should be the favorite or even above either but I think he is worthy of being on that short list 

Both Detroit and NYG would love to trade back with the Chargers.  Both would probably end up with the player they wanted at their original spot.  

Will be interesting to see if this Herbert stuff is all smoke.  Perhaps MIA and LA are both after Tua hard.  Dolphins obviously have way more picks to trade.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Not a Lions fan but I think Derrick Brown is being undersold a bit to the Lions.  Should be the favorite or even above either but I think he is worthy of being on that short list 

Both Detroit and NYG would love to trade back with the Chargers.  Both would probably end up with the player they wanted at their original spot.  

Will be interesting to see if this Herbert stuff is all smoke.  Perhaps MIA and LA are both after Tua hard.  Dolphins obviously have way more picks to trade.  

I’m all in on Simmons. A game changing defender is harder to get than a tackle. 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Giants looking at Herbert, Daniel Jones to Chargers please

Word is it was actually Schumer that wanted Jones more than Gettleman. Could be part of the smokescreen, but with Gettleman you just don’t know. He’s after all, the smartest guy in the room. Eye roll.  

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Word is it was actually Schumer that wanted Jones more than Gettleman. Could be part of the smokescreen, but with Gettleman you just don’t know. He’s after all, the smartest guy in the room. Eye roll.  

as a Giant fan, would you rather have Jones and the 4 or Herbert and the 6?

If I am the Chargers, I am offering no 6 for Jones right now

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

as a Giant fan, would you rather have Jones and the 4 or Herbert and the 6?

If I am the Chargers, I am offering no 6 for Jones right now

Very interesting. I like Jones, but I remember last year that it was a let down that Hebert wasn’t coming out.  But if I’m keeping the 4 and getting the 6 I have to do it.  It would be wild for sure. But you have to wait until the Giants are on the clock and Hebert is there. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Very interesting. I like Jones, but I remember last year that it was a let down that Hebert wasn’t coming out.  But if I’m keeping the 4 and getting the 6 I have to do it.  It would be wild for sure. But you have to wait until the Giants are on the clock and Hebert is there. 

I think Jones is better than Herbert, and showed it with a pretty damn good rookie year, I also think hes a perfect fit in LAC, and the NYG and Chargers have a history of dealing QB's, not like that really matters, but might be interesting

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Giants looking at Herbert, Daniel Jones to Chargers please

I mean that just isnt going to happen.  Pretty sure the Jets met with a QB.  Teams are just doing their due diligence and or throwing things out there.  Happens each year.

16 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m all in on Simmons. A game changing defender is harder to get than a tackle. 

I mean you would know where their oline is more than me.  I see Jones and Barkley and I say get them blocking.

Simmons has a lot of potential if used in a creative way.  So cant go wrong there, he is an elite prospect.

I just dont know what he is.  To me a safety or off the ball LBer isnt worth more than a tackle.  Assuming you are also high on the tackle.  

Ive tried to come up with comparisons.  Ill go with Myles Jack from Jacksonville.  Now he was hurt in college but has stayed relatively healthy and earned a new contract.  Jack has been a very good LBer but I wouldnt say game changer.  Telvin Smith his partner may have been a better player.  More than a few well known analysts had him as a top 3 overall player in that draft.  Some the best overall.  He isnt quite as tall.  He has a few more lbs.   But he also has freak measurables.   Hes a real good LBer and not a bust.  Id love to have a guy like in GB.  But he isnt really a game changer.  

To me you have to be an edge rushing LBer to be a game changer.  There are plenty of 6'2 235 freak LBers that can run.  They are more middle but hell there are 2 other 4.5 LBers in this draft who will go towards the end of the 1st.  Not quite the freaks but... Simmons isnt a polished up guy.  He is versatile and a freak.  With tons of potential.  To me those guys are becoming more of a need but still not more than LT DE or CB.  

Hey whoever picks him will probably be happy, if they have an idea how to use him.

7 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I mean you would know where their oline is more than me.  I see Jones and Barkley and I say get them blocking.

Simmons has a lot of potential if used in a creative way.  So cant go wrong there, he is an elite prospect.

I just dont know what he is.  To me a safety or off the ball LBer isnt worth more than a tackle.  Assuming you are also high on the tackle.  

Ive tried to come up with comparisons.  Ill go with Myles Jack from Jacksonville.  Now he was hurt in college but has stayed relatively healthy and earned a new contract.  Jack has been a very good LBer but I wouldnt say game changer.  Telvin Smith his partner may have been a better player.  More than a few well known analysts had him as a top 3 overall player in that draft.  Some the best overall.  He isnt quite as tall.  He has a few more lbs.   But he also has freak measurables.   Hes a real good LBer and not a bust.  Id love to have a guy like in GB.  But he isnt really a game changer.  

To me you have to be an edge rushing LBer to be a game changer.  There are plenty of 6'2 235 freak LBers that can run.  They are more middle but hell there are 2 other 4.5 LBers in this draft who will go towards the end of the 1st.  Not quite the freaks but... Simmons isnt a polished up guy.  He is versatile and a freak.  With tons of potential.  To me those guys are becoming more of a need but still not more than LT DE or CB.  

Hey whoever picks him will probably be happy, if they have an idea how to use him.

The Giants defense is worse than the offense. They made marginal improvements in FA on defense. I’m just keeping it simple. They need lineman and defense. I’ll take the one that is harder to find, which is the defensive player. He’s a LB who can cover tight ends and running backs out of the backfield and can rush the passer. That’s hard to find and a big help in today’s NFL. Forget this safety/nickel back stuff. He’s a LB that can do two things, cover and rush.  Not many of those guys around. But it might not mean anything. I can see Detroit taking him if they don’t deal out of the pick. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Giants defense is worse than the offense. They made marginal improvements in FA on defense. I’m just keeping it simple. They need lineman and defense. I’ll take the one that is harder to find, which is the defensive player. He’s a LB who can cover tight ends and running backs out of the backfield and can rush the passer. That’s hard to find and a big help in today’s NFL. Forget this safety/nickel back stuff. He’s a LB that can do two things, cover and rush.  Not many of those guys around. But it might not mean anything. I can see Detroit taking him if they don’t deal out of the pick. 

Truthfully, you both make solid arguments.  If they stay at 4 and take Simmons, I’m happy.  If they trade down and take a tackle, I’m happy.  

even if they stay at 4 and take a tackle because there was no trade available, I’m happy there.  As long as they don’t do something stupid, like take a QB or WR or something at 4.  They have much bigger needs.

Just now, Big Blue 06 said:

Truthfully, you both make solid arguments.  If they stay at 4 and take Simmons, I’m happy.  If they trade down and take a tackle, I’m happy.  

even if they stay at 4 and take a tackle because there was no trade available, I’m happy there.  As long as they don’t do something stupid, like take a QB or WR or something at 4.  They have much bigger needs.

I agree. I’m not getting nuts if they take a tackle. We need so much you can’t complain either way. But if it’s tackle I’d like to see a trade back. That’s the best scenario for a tackle. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I agree. I’m not getting nuts if they take a tackle. We need so much you can’t complain either way. But if it’s tackle I’d like to see a trade back. That’s the best scenario for a tackle. 

agree about trading back.  There are 4 tackles that are very closely rated, so you could move to 10 and get one while picking up some draft picks.

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He isnt a rusher.  He got sacks chasing guys down on a stacked defense where the opposing team saw athletes flying around the whole field.  Not like is going to stand there and rush off the edge qith rush moves.

His big weapon is coving TEs and chasing down fast QBs.  I have read that he isnt that physical and may get ran at against a good running team (zeke).  

Lets see what happens.  Lions could go many different different directions.

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

He isnt a rusher.  He got sacks chasing guys down on a stacked defense where the opposing team saw athletes flying around the whole field.  Not like is going to stand there and rush off the edge qith rush moves.

His big weapon is coving TEs and chasing down fast QBs.  I have read that he isnt that physical and may get ran at against a good running team (zeke).  

Lets see what happens.  Lions could go many different different directions.

I looked at his tape. I saw him rushing from all areas, including up the middle. Saw him put a tackle on his ass from the edge. True that he runs down the QB out of the pocket, but that doesn’t mean he can’t get in the pocket. He’s just better chasing guys down. I’m not worried so much about him in the inside run  game. The Giants only good unit is the interior d-line. He would be playing outside in the run game. 

Gronk to Bucs gonna happen

I could see Belichick getting Howard and a pick for him

FOX's Jay Glazer reports that Rob Gronkowski has already taken a physical with the Bucs and that a trade should be finalized within the next 24 hours. 

Bucs acquired TE Rob Gronkowski from the Patriots in exchange for a fourth-round pick. 

33 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Gronk to Bucs gonna happen

I could see Belichick getting Howard and a pick for him

FOX's Jay Glazer reports that Rob Gronkowski has already taken a physical with the Bucs and that a trade should be finalized within the next 4 minutes 

Fixed

• Haha 1

Surprised OJ Howard isn’t going back. 

Word is Bucs will take a 4th for Howard to make it almost and even swap of TEs.  

I would assume Packers are in the running.  Howard from what I have read is a little lazy and slow to learn the playbook.  Has a ton of talent for sure.  

As for the Pats....it is like finding a 20 in your jeans pocket after the wash.  

48 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Possibly have the top 2 Patriots of all time leave the team this offseason.

if the Bucs get a RB, I will say that Tom has the best arsenal he has ever had

So, who's watching?  I don't normally watch this thing but there ain't much else sports related on. 

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

So, who's watching?  I don't normally watch this thing but there ain't much else sports related on. 

I watch most of the first round every year.  This year, I will be following more closely than usual.

I expect something like this.

Goodell:  And first up are the Bengals, seems they are having trouble connecting.  

Bengals war room:   

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

So, who's watching?

Sure as hell not me...

I'll watch, though it won't be as interesting as previous years since Buffalo doesn't have a 1st round pick. 

I normally keep an eye on the picks that happen periodically while I watch other shows.  With not much on, I might watch more than normal.  Still a lot of guessing and hype over very little.  

I'm all in. Thursday I'll have it on for background noise and an occasional watch so I know what's going on.

But for the meat and potatoes of the draft on Friday and Saturday. I got my popcorn ready. I'm sure I'll hear from several dynasty league, league mates on potential trades also.

🍺 🍿  🍻

Put the two in Tua.

Two is for Tua!

Two-a!