Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Gronk coming back to the ... Bucs?

I don't see that happening.  Obungowale is a better fit as a 3rd down back.  He's a better blocker and holds on to the ball a lot better.  Like I said before, Jones will get his chance to show he's improved early on if there's a limited off-season.  I don't think he'll show improvement because I don't think he's that good  If he's getting more than a 30% snap count share by mid-season, then that mean Vaughn is slow in making the transition to the NFL or just isn't a good player.

For anyone who wants to draft Jones in fantasy, buyer beware.  If you can get him as an RB4/Lottery pick, go for it.  If you're actually expecting production, good luck.  Don't say that I didn't warn you.

Right now at this time, I’m not interested in any of the Bucs Rbs higher then a rb4.  

I don’t really see any clear cut winner.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Right now at this time, I’m not interested in any of the Bucs Rbs higher then a rb4.  

I don’t really see any clear cut winner.  

I agree.  If I were to take a Bucs RB, it would be Vaughn is the very back end of the draft.  I wouldn't bother with the other 2, as I don't see an upside with either.  I certainly feel that none could prove to be viable starters at a flex spot, but Vaughn, will likely be the only one who would bring a bang for the buck.  I can see Jones as an 8th round RB4 who may produce as an RB4... but I believe that Vaughn can be a back quarter of the draft guy who may produce as an RB3 at some point in the season.

Yeah I can agree about taking Vaughn before the others. 

6 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's because I don't share your opinion on Jones.  I think in camp, Jones loses his job.  If there's a full off-season.  If not, he'll lose it before mid-season.

Looks like RoJo is going to be one of the more valuable fantasy sleepers this fall if enough people share your opinion.

42 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Looks like RoJo is going to be one of the more valuable fantasy sleepers this fall if enough people share your opinion.

Absolutely, but only if he produces... which I find to be highly unlikely.  I think Jones will not be on the team in 2021.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Absolutely, but only if he produces... which I find to be highly unlikely.  I think Jones will not be on the team in 2021.

Based on Jones' career arc thus far, the potency of the TB offense in general, and the largely nonchalant and underwhelming way in which the Bucs addressed the position in the draft, it's quite a bit more likely than you seem to want to admit.

Keeping Howard now, that’s a big move, I can see a more conservative offense with the Goat then with the slinger Winston.  

Just don’t see how both wr we’ll return to the top seven this next nfl season, when ever it happens.  Non ppr of course.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Keeping Howard now, that’s a big move, I can see a more conservative offense with the Goat then with the slinger Winston.  

Just don’t see how both wr we’ll return to the top seven this next nfl season, when ever it happens.  Non ppr of course.  

Picking up his option isn't guaranteeing that they keep him.  It actually gives them more leverage to trade him.  Even better than if he had 2 guaranteed years.  A team would be trading for a player that could give them 2 years, but if they don't like what they saw in year 1, they can cut ties with him and not be on the hook for the second.

I firmly believe that their main objective is to trade him.

I think it’s to keep him, and run a lot more two or three te sets.  

Whether they keep him or not, it'll be a financial decision.  They need to free up some more money.  Sure, they could wait until June 1st and cut Brate to save $2M, but I think they'd rather get something for letting someone go.  Howard, for some reason, has more trade value from what I hear.  I think at some point, he will get traded.