tubby_mcgee

Dividing line formed: left is against re-opening, right is for re-opening.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I read an article yesterday about a woman who owns a couple spas and ended up pissing off her employees because she got the PPP loan.  They were upset that they had to stay open and work instead of staying home and collecting unemployment because it paid more.  What really sucks is that she can't even fire them now because she'd have to pay back the loan then.

I'm going to try to make a mental note that you made a post which could be considered anti-liberal here.  :thumbsup:

Speaking of which, MDC is a centrist, he told us so.  I don't know why anyone would think otherwise, other than 100% of his posts.  :dunno:

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm going to try to make a mental note that you made a post which could be considered anti-liberal here.  :thumbsup:

Speaking of which, MDC is a centrist, he told us so.  I don't know why anyone would think otherwise, other than 100% of his posts.  :dunno:

Politically independent too. :thumbsup: 

I made a joke earlier in the thread but it is something I was talking about with the mrs.  I would say its a longer ongoing problem however currently in our Maga time where the economy is the greatest it has ever been, is it surprising/concerning that there seems to be a large number of people who can't make ends meet right now.  6 weeks and can't afford groceries.  Screaming at people in the streets about how they need to get back to work to take care of their family.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

But but he didn’t vote for Hillary. MDShotard 

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I made a joke earlier in the thread but it is something I was talking about with the mrs.  I would say its a longer ongoing problem however currently in our Maga time where the economy is the greatest it has ever been, is it surprising/concerning that there seems to be a large number of people who can't make ends meet right now.  6 weeks and can't afford groceries.  Screaming at people in the streets about how they need to get back to work to take care of their family.  

There it is, the arrogant elitist new wave libtard. I remember when liberals cared about working people.  Now it’s only some working people and “victims “.  The kind they pose for pictures with and put on Facebook and instagram. Frauds.  

1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

This and I get the vibe that democrats generally really rely on the government to take care of them and tell them what to think quite a bit.   It's a weird thing.  I mean I see the liberals I know(and I know WAY too many) living and dying by what Trump and what the government says and my more right friends tend to make decisions based on their own thinking.    Just my observation.

Same, the people I see posting Trump daily are my liberal friends. They live and breathe every word every tweet. 

46 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

just cause people make more, only leads to them spending more

most people dont save

4 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What about option C? Let’s open individual states based on the criteria the President laid out. Let’s also focus on doing it systematically based on need since I don’t think bowling alleys and tattoo parlors are really that important.

They are to the people that own them and have to pay taxes and insurance on them if they're open or not.  

19 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

just cause people make more, only leads to them spending more

most people dont save

thats probably part of it

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There it is, the arrogant elitist new wave libtard. I remember when liberals cared about working people.  Now it’s only some working people and “victims “.  The kind they pose for pictures with and put on Facebook and instagram. Frauds.  

It's sad how the party of the blue collar working man now despises him. Why?

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

It's sad how the party of the blue collar working man now despises him. Why?

Too many of  those blue collar workers (the white ones mostly) don’t buy their bullshit. And some of them, believe it or not, care about our culture and constitution more than they care about a government handout. Plus they cling to their guns and religion. White people who think for themselves?   Not wanted. 

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

Surprising?  No.  Concerning?  A bit.  Not because I care that someone else is an idiot with money, but because they feel oppressed and eventually come after MY money.  Who do you think is going to be paying for the trillions spent on this coronavirus pandemic?   Not gonna be the paycheck to paycheck workers that's for sure.

I posted recently about the descent of our society, how it used to be every generation moving forward but we seem to be reversing course.  I honestly believe that.  School used to be mainly about the three R's and teaching you skills you can use in the real world.  I would add basic finances/economics if we still wanted to be teaching useful stuff.   But instead we keep lowering our standards.  So you've got dumber people out there with even less understanding of economics/finance than previous generations. 

Basically, we're focked.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Too many if those blue collar workers (the white ones mostly) don’t but their bullshit. And some of them, believe it or not, care about our culture and constitution more than they care about a government handout. Plus they cling to their guns and religion. 

Next up is the black community.  You can see it. Cracks in the foundation.  The blacks fought hard for their place, just like the unions, and now they have been abandoned.  They just don't realize it. Yet. 

I want to reopen because I am bored as hell. If it kills off minorities, that is just an added bonus. 

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Next up is the black community.  You can see it. Cracks in the foundation.  The blacks fought hard for their place, just like the unions, and now they have been abandoned.  They just don't realize it. Yet. 

They know their hold on the blacks is loosening. . Did you watch the draft last night? They were showing so many black players in their homes. They all looked like nice places to me. Burrow has the worst one. They know blacks are moving up. And that means out. I grew up in an Irish household and community. Almost everyone of them were Democrats. ( except the cops) .  Not so much anymore. Same thing is happening with blacks and Puerto Rican’s. 

21 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

They are to the people that own them and have to pay taxes and insurance on them if they're open or not.  

Ok.  So let's just open everything, including strip joints and let's piss away the sacrifices that have been made thus far because we have no patience at all.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Ok.  So let's just open everything, including strip joints and let's piss away the sacrifices that have been made thus far because we have no patience at all.  :thumbsup:

The data that is coming in is saying it might have been all a waste. :dunno:

17 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

In some places. 

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Why do you think that would "piss away the sacrifices"?  All data indicates that we aren't going to overwhelm the HC system at this point.  :dunno:

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

But that is 20/20 hindsight.  We did what we have to do because China sucks.  I hope Trump tells China that we consider our debt forgiven as repayment.  

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Why do you think that would "piss away the sacrifices"?  All data indicates that we aren't going to overwhelm the HC system at this point.  :dunno:

But that is 20/20 hindsight.  We did what we have to do because China sucks.  I hope Trump tells China that we consider our debt forgiven as repayment.  

Depends on where you are. If we open up in MA, we are in trouble. We are still at peak with lots of people dying. 

If they open up everything and you get a big wave again, we start at the beginning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Lets see,  we were told we need to lock down so the hospital's can prepare,   now you want to change the narrative.   There is no stopping this and it's never been about saving lives.  If it had been,  they would have deemed abortions elective surgery .  So suck it up buttercup the shitstorm is coming no matter what. 

13 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Depends on where you are. If we open up in MA, we are in trouble. We are still at peak with lots of people dying. 

If they open up everything and you get a big wave again, we start at the beginning.

We've had this discussion; we are all going to get it, it's a question of if we've flattened the curve enough.  A lot of us already have gotten it.  We can't wait for a vaccine.  It's a question of when.  The process begins soon, I suppose we'll see.

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We've had this discussion; we are all going to get it, it's a question of if we've flattened the curve enough.  A lot of us already have gotten it.  We can't wait for a vaccine.  It's a question of when.  The process begins soon, I suppose we'll see.

Waiting for a vaccine was never realistic. I thought we were waiting for widespread testing and to build up facilities / equipment for treatment. I don’t know what’s happening on that end.

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

Waiting for a vaccine was never realistic. I thought we were waiting for widespread testing and to build up facilities / equipment for treatment. I don’t know what’s happening on that end.

Why don’t you find out? Oh wait, this is just a troll. Forget it. 

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think testing roll out is part of the phased approach.  I don't know what you mean by building up facilities or equipment for treatment, we seem to have enough respirators and hospital rooms if we've flattened the curve.  Please explain if otherwise.  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I think testing roll out is part of the phased approach.  I don't know what you mean by building up facilities or equipment for treatment, we seem to have enough respirators and hospital rooms if we've flattened the curve.  Please explain if otherwise.  :thumbsup:

As of right now we don’t have widespread testing and the tests we have are inaccurate. I don’t know if we have enough ICU beds or whether we’ve flattened the curve enough. I expect regional mini pandemics / break outs until we have a vaccine in place.

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Never said to wait for a vaccine. We are probably a couple of weeks early

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

As of right now we don’t have widespread testing and the tests we have are inaccurate. I don’t know if we have enough ICU beds or whether we’ve flattened the curve enough. I expect regional mini pandemics / break outs until we have a vaccine in place.

I talked about testing accuracy earlier in some thread; the main issue is with false positives IMO.  If we err on the side of quarantining people with false positives, that is better than keeping the entire economy shut down.  

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Never said to wait for a vaccine. We are probably a couple of weeks early

I posit to both of you that we have the beds and have flattened the curve enough to start opening things up.  Yes we'll have flare-ups.  This thing seems to gestate (?) for so long that there is no way to know right away.  But we need to start the process.  Again, IMO.  :cheers:

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I talked about testing accuracy earlier in some thread; the main issue is with false positives IMO.  If we err on the side of quarantining people with false positives, that is better than keeping the entire economy shut down.  

I posit to both of you that we have the beds and have flattened the curve enough to start opening things up.  Yes we'll have flare-ups.  This thing seems to gestate (?) for so long that there is no way to know right away.  But we need to start the process.  Again, IMO.  :cheers:

Follow the criteria and plan that Trump put out. Simple.

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Follow the criteria and plan that Trump put out. Simple.

Agreed.  :cheers:

54 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I defer to the medical experts on whether / when we have flattened the curve. The WH  guidelines seem reasonable - 14 consecutive days of declining cases and widespread testing.

Tarrant Co. here has a population of 2.1 million.

As of 2day we've 48 deaths - most of those elderly or prior high risk.

I'm more likely to be killed by a pack of wild dogs. 

16 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Tarrant Co. here has a population of 2.1 million.

As of 2day we've 48 deaths - most of those elderly or prior high risk.

I'm more likely to be killed by a pack of wild dogs. 

This is most of the country. I'm not even sure the hot spots are legit hot spots anymore after seeing the antibody test stats. 

We took the precautions that were necessary at the time but, it's time to get on with life. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

This is most of the country. I'm not even sure the hot spots are legit hot spots anymore after seeing the antibody test stats. 

We took the precautions that were necessary at the time but, it's time to get on with life. 

Yup. Everywhere but the hot spots should start the process of opening up. People in my part of the country are going to have to wait. That’s the way it goes. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yup. Everywhere but the hot spots should start the process of opening up. People in my part of the country are going to have to wait. That’s the way it goes. 

Agreed. Not sure that others know what is going on in some of these areas. Don’t come here and we won’t go there, but we need a little longer for this to meet the criteria. 

They can show us the way.

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Liberals like ghey people. At least they like their votes that is.

8 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Sounds like a personal problem. Unless you are 17 years old that is. I've saved a ton of money. Especially during Trump's stay in the WH. And if I lose my job, oh well.... I'll be fine.

Maybe poor people should stop having kids. That would be a good start. :dunno:

Go Trump!!! MAGA

The left would advocate the opposite of whatever Trump said, as usual. If Trump said we should stay closed for safety, they would be blasting him for destroying the economy.