Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - RB Darrynton Evans, Titans

Height/Weight: 5' 10"/203
College: Appalachian State
NFL Comp: Felix Jones

Evans' highly successful final season in college (he finished ninth in FBS with 1,480 rushing yards and 10th with 18 rushing touchdowns) combined with his stellar showing at the NFL Combine (4.41, 37-inch vertical, 10' 5" broad) put him on the Day 2 radar in the draft, but there were not many examples of that explosiveness in the four games I watched. Sure, he had a big run or two in most of those aforementioned games, but it was rare to see him make an explosive play due to something he personally did to create it.

Evans showed he could handle a heavy workload in 2019 (255 carries), good ball security (one lost fumble during his college career) and showed the vision in the Mountaineers' zone-heavy run attack to believe he's got a chance in that system in the pros, but his upside will probably be as a change-of-pace option in the pros. It's a pretty good bet that's what he'll be in Tennessee as long as Derrick Henry is around.

What does it mean in redraft? Evans is almost certainly headed to the Titans because they are looking to fill the change-of-pace void left behind by Dion Lewis. For all those folks that drafted Lewis late last summer, they know that is a role unlikely to bear fruit - at least as long as Henry stays healthy.

What does it mean for dynasty? Evans could theoretically be a nuisance to Henry if he ends up being what Lewis should have been, but it's hard to imagine he'll be worth starting at any point in the next year or two with Henry around. Consider him worthy of a pick in the middle of the third round rookie drafts.

Like Evans, but I think I agree , it’s going to be tough getting work behind Henry.