Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - Round 7

RB Eno Benjamin, Cardinals
Height/Weight:
5' 9"/207
College: Arizona State
NFL Comp: Devin Singletary

Depending on the source, Benjamin play between 195 and 201 pounds in 2019. It's hard to tell that by the way he runs, however, as he is fearless between the tackles and breaks more tackles than he probably should. Benjamin is also a twitchy back who can stack multiple moves together in a short time and possesses more contact balance than one might usually expect from a player of his size. His hands are solid (six drops on 88 career targets per Pro Football Focus), but it's probably a bit pie-in-the-sky to project him as a mismatch weapon in the passing game or a back who can threaten a safety when he gets flexed out.

He is occasionally guilty of trying to make too much out of a hopeless cause and being too impatient for his own good when he probably just needed to wait a split-second for his blockers to clear a path. However, running backs who run with an attitude as often as Benjamin does tend to stick around a while in the NFL, so while he may not end up becoming an all-purpose weapon, he should have a future as a solid third back behind Kenyan Drake and Chase Edmonds.

Are you doing the UDFA? I need my write ups for new Giants Benjamin Victor and Jeavon Leake :)

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Are you doing the UDFA? I need my write ups for new Giants Benjamin Victor and Jeavon Leake :)

Think the boss will need to bump up my pay for that. 😀

Today will be at least a 14-hour day, and that's if I'm lucky.

RB Raymond Calais, Buccaneers

HC Bruce Arians mentioned shortly after drafting Calais that he viewed the Louisiana-Lafayette product as a "very smaller but much faster version of David Johnson." Take it for what it's worth. As it is, Calais is a 5-9, 180-pound running back, so it's reasonable to say he wasn't drafted to pass protect or challenge on Jones and Ke'Shawn Vaughn for work in between the tackles. Therefore, would think the Bucs selected him with the idea he was a superior pass-catching back, but he managed only 20 catches over three seasons for the Ragin' Cajuns. (The good news is that number came on 21 targets.) What he does provide that no one else in Tampa has is speed: 4.42. Arians added in that same post-draft interview that he while Calais wasn't Tarik Cohen, "he's kind of that style guy … joystick-type guy." Thus, it's possible Arians & Co. see him as their version of James White, and that's always going to be a fairly big deal in an offense led by Tom Brady.