kilroy69

God I can not wait for tomorrow.I am like a kid on xmas morning

I have not had a chance to do any type of kayak fishing at all this year. Between supershitty weather and and having my kid by myself in isolation for the last 40 days it just has not happened.  His mom isolated a few weeks back and she took him yesterday for the first time.  Tomorrow is going to be 60 and just enough wind to move my kayak without me using effort. I am going to get baked and float on the lake from 9am till probably 8pm with breaks for food and an old man nap. I am still working but I don't care. I need a break from groundhog day. 

This time last year I had 6 pike and a 6.5 lb bass 

Its tomorrow and I plan on at least getting my first pike. Man its like 20mph wind gusts in jackson.  tomorrow though its gonna be beautiful. I cant wait. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Catch anything?

Besides crabs from yer mom

2 minutes ago, fandandy said:

So, how'd you do?  Catch anything?

It’s tomorrow dumbass

I went out on my kayak this mornin. Only managed to catch three smallmouth bass in 7 hours. Was perfect conditions until all the pleasure boaters came out. 

I was out fishing this morning and caught a bunch of crappie prior to 7:30 am and then the fish just shut off, not a single hit after that.

• Like 1

Below is where I will be fishing next week. I tried this spot for a little bit after the fish shut off at the previous spot. It looks pretty fishy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I was out fishing this morning and caught a bunch of crappie prior to 7:30 am and then the fish just shut off, not a single hit after that.

What size Aglia?

3 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

What size Aglia?

1/4 ounce red and white stripe, it is not the best lure for any specific species of fish, but I have caught everything on it: Mahi mahi, triple tail, bass, walleye, blue gill, tilapia, and of course trout. If I do not know what I am going to catch it is the first thing I try.

I had never fished in this spot before and did not even know what species were in the pond.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

1/4 ounce red and white stripe, it is not the best lure for any specific species of fish, but I have caught everything on it: Mahi mahi, triple tail, bass, walleye, blue gill, tilapia, and of course trout. If I do not know what I am going to catch it is the first thing I try.

I had never fished in this spot before and did not even know what species were in the pond.

I have a new favorite lure for trout - Joe’s flies.  If you haven’t tried them, and enjoy catching trout on ultralight tackle, give them a try.

4 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

I have a new favorite lure for trout - Joe’s flies.  If you haven’t tried them, and enjoy catching trout on ultralight tackle, give them a try.

Since moving to south east texas I have only been trout fishing a few times. My parents have a house in the Denver suburb's on a trout creek that I have visited a few times, but it just has small brook trout in it.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

Since moving to south east texas I have only been trout fishing a few times. My parents have a house in the Denver suburb's on a trout creek that I have visited a few times, but it just has small brook trout in it.

Perfect.  Joes flies come in size 10 and if a hatch is coming off native brook trout will smash em.

Did not catch anything good. A few small panfish. But man I got out and kayaked for hours and it felt so wonderful. As soon as I'm done with my 930 meeting today I'll be out on the water again.  

• Like 1

Congrats on transitioning