Sign in to follow this  
How much of the NFL draft did you watch?

How much of the NFL draft did you watch?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How much of the NFL draft did you watch?

• None at all
    • At least one second because I have no life

A lot of it. What exciting things was Posty up to? Watching Strat-o-matic on YouTube? Lol. 

• Thanks 1

I watched the 1st Rd. - like I normally do.

Given the circumstances, I actually give Rog credit - they did a good job.

I watched first part of the 1st round. Mainly wanted to see what MIA was going to do at QB.  After their pick I tuned out. 

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I watched the 1st Rd. - like I normally do.

Given the circumstances, I actually give Rog credit - they did a good job.

I hope they keep it like this moving forward. Although they won't. 

I thought it was great that even though they didn't necessarily try to make fun of the wierdos who boo at every time Goodell walks out, it happened anyway. They perfectly trivialized that stupid new tradition, intentionally or not.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Poll is incomplete. Oh well.

How is it incomplete?  

Oh I see, I have the incorrect second choice...  Fixed...

Thanks...

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I hope they keep it like this moving forward. Although they won't. 

I thought it was great that even though they didn't necessarily try to make fun of the wierdos who boo at every time Goodell walks out, it happened anyway. They perfectly trivialized that stupid new tradition, intentionally or not.

Ya know, I tend to agree.

I don't need all the theatrics and really, who wants to hug Rog anyway?

1 minute ago, posty said:

How is it incomplete?  

Oh I see, I have the incorrect second choice...  Fixed...

Thanks...

:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

Yeah right? And they can do so much more with it in this format. Get rid of all the fluff.

I didn’t care for the coverage one bit. It should have been about football and the players and how they play. We were there for football. Not singing, PSA’s and mini lifetime movies. They blew it. 

I watched until the lions picked #3 overall.

I used to watch back to back days. 

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I might actually watch some of it if they would make the first round five minutes and got rid of all the talking and crap and theatrics like you said...

You would think will all of the lack of attention spans in today's society and everyone wants everything done faster, they should speed the draft up...

Posty is a weird dood.  I'd meet most of you mooks, and have met a lot already.  But posty is near the bottom of who I'd go out of my way to meet, just above zmanzzz.  What would we do or talk about?  He doesn't drink and he doesn't like anything, including football on a FF chat bored.  And he wears those like a badge of honor or something.  Seriously, does he have friends?  And if so, what do they do, just sit there and stare at each other with mad faces?  :(

• Haha 1

The most annoying part was Goodell always turning to the screen full of "fans" and acting like he was actually talking to them.  So wooden and stupid. 

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Posty is a weird dood.  I'd meet most of you mooks, and have met a lot already.  But posty is near the bottom of who I'd go out of my way to meet, just above zmanzzz.  What would we do or talk about?  He doesn't drink and he doesn't like anything, including football on a FF chat bored.  And he wears those like a badge of honor or something.  Seriously, does he have friends?  And if so, what do they do, just sit there and stare at each other with mad faces?  :(

You forgot his morbid curiosity regarding news stories about people dieing that he feels compelled to post.  Dude got banned from FBG's like 20 times for his choices of news stories to post.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

:cheers:

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

You forgot his morbid curiosity regarding news stories about people dieing that he feels compelled to post. 

First off, it is dying...

Second those were PSAs that I posted because of losing a godson many many years ago to being left in a sweltering car...

I watched some of the first 2 nights.  Did not really watch any yesterday because it was a nice day outside.  It was better than a sharp stick in the eye.  

13 minutes ago, DonS said:

The most annoying part was Goodell always turning to the screen full of "fans" and acting like he was actually talking to them.  So wooden and stupid. 

yeah. For sure. But that is something that would be fixed if they actually wanted to keep this format for later. I see more hope in this format than the stupid in-person one they have been doing for years now. I actually enjoyed this one past the first round. Let the fans be involved by having a rookie mock draft at the end of the draft.

And why do they keep shoving Michael Irvin down our throats? I get that they are America’s team and Jerry has influence. He should, he’s made a lot of money for the owners.  But the Cowboys don’t have enough of a presence without that guy? Aikman, Romo, Deon, the always horrible Moose Johnson,  Jimmy Johnson, Witten had the MNF gig. I’m sure there are more, but Irvin is an incoherent crackhead that brings nothing but ear pain. Enough. 

Packers were drafting late in the rounds, most I would do is just refresh NFL.com to see if they were up, had picked someone...didn't watch anything.

• Thanks 1

Knew the Pats would be trading down so just looked at espn for an update here and there.  Friday and yesterday, I had the CBS sports coverage on with Pete Prisco, Brady Quinn, Scott Pioli while watching a movie with the mrs., played a round of Tiger Woods Masters 2010(?) on Friday.  Thought they did a pretty good job. 

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

Knew the Pats would be trading down so just looked at espn for an update here and there.  Friday and yesterday, I had the CBS sports coverage on with Pete Prisco, Brady Quinn, Scott Pioli while watching a movie with the mrs., played a round of Tiger Woods Masters 2010(?) on Friday.  Thought they did a pretty good job. 

How did you know? 

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

I am psychic

Oh. So you didn’t. Ok. 

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh. So you didn’t. Ok. 

There was a poll by one of the local beat writers for the Pats the day before the draft where he asked readers what they would do in certain situations. The first one was to take the pick or trade back to 37 & 71, which was the exact trade that happened. That trade back was what people chose the most leading up to the draft. A big reason was that the team did not have a 2nd rounder.

Add in that Belichick has traded out of the first round 5 other times in 20 years (excluding the first that was stripped of the team) and it made sense to a lot of people here. It was better than 50-50 to most.

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

There was a poll by one of the local beat writers for the Pats the day before the draft where he asked readers what they would do in certain situations. The first one was to take the pick or trade back to 37 & 71, which was the exact trade that happened. That trade back was what people chose the most leading up to the draft. A big reason was that the team did not have a 2nd rounder.

Add in that Belichick has traded out of the first round 5 other times in 20 years (excluding the first that was stripped of the team) and it made sense to a lot of people here. It was better than 50-50 to most.

Yeah, nobody knew. Key word knew. Same thing was said about the Lions, Giants Panthers and Jaguars. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, nobody knew. Key word knew. Same thing was said about the Lions, Giants Panthers and Jaguars. 

yeah, key word knew.  Nobody knew that nobody else knew.  

19 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Pretty much this.  I saw another #35 and #80ish trade down scenario.  These made more sense.  I did think they would try to get Xavier Mckinney.  Cole Kmet probably would have been a good choice.  I didn't think they would do much to get a QB.  Didn't want Love at all.  

Stopped watching after Round 1. 

How’d the Eagles do? :doh: 

Watched round one. Paid attention via phone rest of the way. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Stopped watching after Round 1. 

How’d the Eagles do? :doh: 

Pretty well, if you think Wentz is going to break his bagina during virtual OTAs.  :thumbsup:

A lot, because I like football and we are in the middle of a worldwide pandemic....

1 hour ago, shotsup said:

Watched round one. Paid attention via phone rest of the way. 

This.

14 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

This.

And how did you think our NY football Giants did ?

6 minutes ago, shotsup said:

And how did you think our NY football Giants did ?

I was happy with the draft. They had to go O-line in the first round.  Loved the pick of McKinnon in the second and liked the tackle in the third.  Loaded up on defense late, which is an area of need.  Overall, Gettleman didn’t fock it up, which is all I was hoping for.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Pretty well, if you think Wentz is going to break his bagina during virtual OTAs.  :thumbsup:

Is Clowney going to head butt his crotch?