Sign in to follow this  
DonS

What do you miss most during COVID lockdown?

What do you miss most during COVID lockdown?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What have you been missing most during this mess?

• Sports
    • Concerts
    • Dining in restaurants
    • Drinking in bars/pubs/taprooms
    • Banging yer moms and/or wives without a mask
    • Other

I chose other. I miss my wife going to the office so I can have some "me" time.:P

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

All of the above?

Well that goes without saying but would be a boring pole.  I ultimately chose "concerts" because I was supposed to see some shows with my kids.  So far that's been shot to sh1t.  Sports were a very close 2nd.

My life really doesn't feel that much different.  I voted sports though.  I don't go to concerts, eat out, drink, and I haven't been laid since GW was president, unless you count fat chicks, which I don't.  

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

Well that goes without saying but would be a boring pole.  I ultimately chose "concerts" because I was supposed to see some shows with my kids.  So far that's been shot to sh1t.  Sports were a very close 2nd.

Okay since you made me pick I went with concerts as well.  We have had a few shows canceled that we were really looking forward to.  A close 2nd is drinking in bars.  We have a local sports bar up the street that we go to at least a couple times a week for food/drinks and events they put on.  It's a nice diversion and we're missing it.

Of the choices I went with sports.  Wife and I are big fans of most sports -- for baseball for instance, it is background TV every evening from April to October, and I've mentioned in other threads that we had a bunch of DBack tix (opening day, father's day, a pack of cheap seats for all of April and May).  

I'd probably go with eating out in restaurants next.  My wife likes to cook so we don't do it often, maybe once every few weeks in a non-pandemic world, but it is a luxury I enjoy occasionally.

For concerts we had Blues Traveler VIP tix which I was excited about, but we don't go to concerts that often.  Rage Against the Machine was supposed to be here and I know a guy with connections to the arena, so I maybe could have gotten into some sweet suite tix, but I can't confirm.

What I miss the most however is companies hiring outside sales executives when nobody can meet.  :(  I'm hoping to hear today from a company in which I have good connections and recommendations.  My realistic goal is a soft refusal like "we're really interested in talking when this whole apocalypse thing dies down."

I went with drinking in bars. There have been a few times at the end of the day I really wish I could go grab a couple drinks and BS with the other owners of my company. 

Tittty bars and going out to bang pusssy I’ve never had before. I have been at home with an exwife since March 16th. Other than to walk the dogs around the block we have not left for anything. I’m bored of her pusssy, bored with drinking at home, bored with everything. This was caused by dirty immigrants and I hate every focking one of them. 

8 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I went with drinking in bars. There have been a few times at the end of the day I really wish I could go grab a couple drinks and BS with the other owners of my company. 

I could see regulars really struggling with this shutdown.  I've never been one, as that requires an emotional commitment I'll never be ready to make :D , but most places seem to have a handful of people (at least) who show up every day and get the "hey Norm!" from Cheers.  It seems like those bars are their entire social network.  

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I could see regulars really struggling with this shutdown.  I've never been one, as that requires an emotional commitment I'll never be ready to make :D , but most places seem to have a handful of people (at least) who show up every day and get the "hey Norm!" from Cheers.  It seems like those bars are their entire social network.  

That’s my dad. I’m surprised he hasn’t gone crazy.

I’d stop at the bar about once a month with the guys. We landed a huge job a little over a week ago. Not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to go celebrate with a few drinks after work.

My GF going to visit her family every week or two. We both work from home and get little to no time away from each other at all other than maybe being in separate rooms for some of the time.  

Nothing really yet but if football is delayed or cancelled then it will be sports. 

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Sick. 

I was going to choose banging your wife without a mask, but I prefer she put a bag over her head. 

• Haha 1

There's one old regular I hope to see again. H'e a legendary former DA around these parts. 

Quietly brilliant. They play 40's songs all HH until he leaves. Woe be the youngster who complains. 

It's not that he's a huge spender or tipper, he's just - an institution. 

Hope like hell that he survives this.  i was one of the few dudes who had any chance of keeping up with his musical knowledge. Folks raised me on that stuff. 

Damn, I hope he's okay. 

46 minutes ago, fandandy said:

My life really doesn't feel that much different.  I voted sports though.  I don't go to concerts, eat out, drink, and I haven't been laid since GW was president, unless you count fat chicks, which I don't.  

This.  :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Nothing really yet but if football is delayed or cancelled then it will be sports. 

As a Bills fan I'm sure the season will be canceled.  :mad:

Who am I kidding?  I'm not allowed to be optimistic. 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

As a Bills fan I'm sure the season will be canceled.  :mad:

Who am I kidding?  I'm not allowed to be optimistic. 

I wonder how next years’ draft order works if the season is cancelled.

Sports.  Specifically coaching my son’s baseball team.  

Not important in the grand scheme, but it has been such a huge part of our lives for the past 7 years.   Holding out hope we might be able to play in the fall.  

playing pool at my bar with friends for drinks.

Sports for sure, my son's basketball games the most. I thought the time off from travel would be nice and it has been but, I really miss watching him play. He'll be a senior next year so, this summer was it for travel ball. That part of his life is over.

It's really going to be a change for my wife and I, my daughter went to college on a track scholarship, she graduated in December. She ran for a club during the summer and traveled in high school. My son has been playing some sort of travel ball since he was 6 years old. He could probably play for some small D2 school like I did but, I don't think he wants to go that route. He's much smarter than I was and wants to be an engineer. Long story short, we haven't had an actual summer off in well over a decade. 

Bums me out but, guess it's time to transition to living life as empty nesters. It's going to be strange, we're mid 40's and our place will be empty soon. Most of our friends have much younger kids, we started early. Not sure how I feel about it.

44 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I wonder how next years’ draft order works if the season is cancelled.

Lottery?

I miss most of that, but Sports most of all.  I love baseball season, I was betting and making a ton of money on basketball.   The rest of the NBA season (including playoffs) and college March Madness probably would have made me around 10-15k.  Having all of that cancelled was rough.

2 hours ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I miss most of that, but Sports most of all.  I love baseball season, I was betting and making a ton of money on basketball.   The rest of the NBA season (including playoffs) and college March Madness probably would have made me around 10-15k.  Having all of that cancelled was rough.

good job digby

Other - work

Well, I know I'll certainly be pleased to see the fellers when our weekly Tuesday Night Sodomy Club resumes. 

On 5/1/2020 at 2:10 AM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

good job digby

Not sure what that means but thank you I guess. :cheers:

jerking off without anyone in the house

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

jerking off without anyone in the house

I'm sure your wife's answer would be:

"Jerking anyone off without edjr in the house."

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

I'm sure your wife's answer would be:

"Jerking anyone off without edjr in the house."

:first: