KSB2424

Why haven't the Patriots signed Cam Newton?

Many patriot fans are racist. 

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Or Colin K?

ummm, not over Newton or Dalton.  

Billy B. wants to prove that he’s the smartest guy in the room. He’ll turn that Stidham kid into a Pro Bowler.

The Patriots pride themselves on avoiding character issues. 

Just ask Aaron Hernandez. 

• Like 1

Dalton would be the perfect fit. Cam is a fraud, his MVP season was obviously an outlier.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You guys forget that the Pats have no cap space to sign anyone right now. :lol:

No Brady, No Gronk? Where the hell is all the money going? Gilmore is their best player. Cut Edelman. He’s a Brady creation. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No Brady, No Gronk? Where the hell is all the money going? Gilmore is their best player. Cut Edelman. He’s a Brady creation. 

Brady is still a bunch of dead cap and they have quite a few vets still left. :dunno:

9 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Brady is still a bunch of dead cap and they have quite a few vets still left. :dunno:

They also have two highly paid guards. I can see one, but two? Dalton has to be considered going forward. He’s not a savior, but he is competent. Eh, forget it.  I’m not going to start questioning BB at this point. He gets the benefit of the doubt. He won 3 Super Bowls before Brady started lighting it up. I’m no edjr. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They also have two highly paid guards. I can see one, but two? Dalton has to be considered going forward. He’s not a savior, but he is competent. Eh, forget it.  I’m not going to start questioning BB at this point. He gets the benefit of the doubt. He won 3 Super Bowls before Brady started lighting it up. I’m no edjr. 

Depends on whether he can make some moves to save some cap. Guys like Hightower, Thuney and Sanu are all big ticket guys who will be candidates to get some space.

Because they have their sites set on Kapernick 

4 hours ago, Reality said:

Dalton would be the perfect fit. Cam is a fraud, his MVP season was obviously an outlier.

Scam Neutron is the Vince Young of Black Quarterbacks. 

27 minutes ago, not titans said:

Because they have no cap space. 

....Because their heads are too big. 

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Scam Neutron is the Vince Young of Black Quarterbacks. 

If so, he's kept us fooled for a lot longer.

Also, wouldn't Vince Young be the better Vince Young of black quarterbacks?

Just now, Voltaire said:

If so, he's kept us fooled for a lot longer.

Also, wouldn't Vince Young be a Vince Young of black quarterbacks?

That's racist.😡

3 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

That's racist.😡

Could be the Vanilla Ice of white quarterbacks? Or would he still be the Vanilla Ice of black quarterbacks?

Pats system is about timing, accuracy and precision

that is everything cam is not

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I thought Dalton would be a gimme to the Pats, they stay a playoff team

I agree 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Because they have their sites set on Kapernick 

In Boston?? Good luck with that :lol:

• Like 1

They need someone who can quickly throw a ball less than 10 yards, he is not a fit....

Haven't they shown over the last 20 years they can plug and play any random QB they pick up, in god knows what round, and keep on winning.  

Scan Newton is a fraud. No thank you. I'll take the Red Rocket over scam. Also the patriots have no cap space, hth

• Thanks 1

Its already been discussed that the Patriots have so little cap space that they either need to play a QB already on their roster, a backup, or someone on their rookie deal.  That's why I speculate the Pats may still trade for Baker Mayfield.  The current Browns regime did not draft Baker.  The new head coach Stefanski is from the Vikings and he brought in his Vikings QB Case Keenum as a backup.  If Baker struggles a bit, they could trade Baker to the Pats.  The Pats have the new QB for the next 15 years that is still on their rookie deal and Stefanski gets to play his QB.

Because Brian Lewerke is who he wants as his qb? He has the biggest hands of the draft class, a rocket for an arm and was criminally misused at Michigan State.  He also wants to show people that he can take another scrap heap qb and turn him into a winner. 

2 hours ago, dain11279 said:

In Boston?? Good luck with that :lol:

so you're saying they prefer a more traditional Quarterback!?! 🤣

11 hours ago, MDC said:

Billy B. wants to prove that he’s the smartest guy in the room. He’ll turn that Stidham kid into a Pro Bowler.

Pretty sure Belichick already did that.  I don't think he needs to do anything more to prove that.

Could you imagine having to witness Newton doing his d0uche bag superman and dabbing bit wearing a Patriots uniform?   

Actually I guess it would be a perfect fit.  Cam is all smiles and obnoxious when winning and a pouty little b1tch when losing.  He would make the perfect successor to Brady. 

I don't think Newton's going to sign until training camps open.  Aside from a massive ego where he thinks he can be a starter, he has an injury issue that needs to be checked.  No one is going to give him starter money, even on a 1-year contract, without having him seen by their doctors.  Since teams can't do that at this point in time, I don't see a team signing him until they can.

Dalton won’t cost that much on a one year deal. Where else would this opportunity be present?  It’s just about the only starting job up for grabs in the NFL. 

has anyone mentioned he's not white?

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dalton won’t cost that much on a one year deal. Where else would this opportunity be present?  It’s just about the only starting job up for grabs in the NFL. 

I am hearing 3 million with incentives. - Pats have 1.667 million available.

They might have to release Chung

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Jacksonville will be interested

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

I am hearing 3 million with incentives. - Pats have 1.667 million available.

They might have to release Chung

They have to do some restructuring and figure out Thuney, since they also have to sign their picks.  My understanding is that only a couple of those rookie deals will count towards the cap at this point.  

Poor scam. he may have to wait for someone to get injured. Sad

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Jacksonville will be interested

Yup. But I don’t see J Ville breaking the bank. If you’re Dalton the Pats are your chance to prove you can get it done. JVille is in re-build.