KSB2424

Why haven't the Patriots signed Cam Newton?

4 minutes ago, lod001 said:

No. Genius move. Belicheck knows this season is probably not going to get played and even if it is partially played, the Pats have no shot. Give the illusion that you are interested in him with a 1 year deal. Pats make themselves look like heroes to the BLM insane community. Let him go once covid has run its course.

Belicheck know Scam Newton totally sucks.

Yup. Total woke stroke. So obvious. 

Cam signed for an incentive laden minimum because he really wants to play football.

Kaepernick won’t do that.  He demands millions; he doesn’t really want to play.  He’d rather be a martyr.  

Truth.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Cam signed for an incentive laden minimum because he really wants to play football.

Kaepernick won’t do that.  He demands millions; he doesn’t really want to play.  He’d rather be martyr.  

Truth.

No doubt. Kaepernick is a scum bag assh0le. and nothing will ever change that. He needs to away and rot somewhere.

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

No doubt. Kaepernick is a scum bag assh0le. and nothing will ever change that. He needs to away and rot somewhere.

Go?

I think it's the perfect landing spot for Cam, I hope it works out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frank said:

Go?

Yeah. Fill in the blank that I missed while quickly typing. All the same message.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Caught cheating AGAIN haha another 3rd rounder lost. 

This is why belichick is the greatest of all-time. Most people would cheat from someone better. He has the insight to cheat from the worst team so he can show his team what not to do

12 hours ago, tanatastic said:

And now we know why they waited to announce Cam's signing.  

Sell your Cam rookie cards today if you have them.  PSA 10's went from $50-$300 yesterday.  

• Thanks 1

Patriots cheating is not news, its a day that ends in Y.....

Newton might work, the QB position is essentially plug and play, the real question is whether or not Cam is able to throw a football less than 10 yards at a pop, if he is, then it will work

12 hours ago, tanatastic said:

13 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

And now we know why they waited to announce Cam's signing.  

B*ll B*l*ch*ck

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Newton might work, the QB position is essentially plug and play, the real question is whether or not Cam is able to throw a football less than 10 yards at a pop, if he is, then it will work

Newton may have some issues in that he is not very accurate. Edelman will probably see a drop off, but a tall receiver like Harry would benefit. Remember, Newton has usually had big targets out there, but the Pats typically have small receivers. 

Should cut down on some of the cheating. Cam isn’t known for being one of the more cerebral QB’s. 

Bellicheat isn't into on field improvisation.  Cam won't start until the Pats officially suck.  Week 6. 

I don't think Newton wins a starting job, but I can see Stidham losing it.  Newton's only going to make that money if he plays.  There's no "push" for Newton to play from the team perspective.  Newton isn't that good of a QB anyway.  Even if he does play, the team won't actually be better.  Could they be better with him than Stidham, sure, but they still won't be a better team.

I think the Pats are a 6-10 team, regardless of who's taking snaps.

Why would the patriots drop off so drastically in winning ? For years I've heard Brady is just a dink dunk system qb. 

Why would his departure make such a big difference? 

😁

49 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Why would the patriots drop off so drastically in winning ?

Drobs is right. Pats are perfectly capable of getting their asses kicked in the WC round even without Tommy Pigtails.

It sounds very odd to say but the division is the Bills' to lose.  If all things work out I can see the Pats putting yp a respectable season but the Bills ein that division almost hands down.

Checking out some stats, and stumbled across this one: Besides never winning a playoff game, Carson Wentz is 3-8 against teams with a winning record the last 2 years. Should have kept Foles. 

No pro sports in 2020. This doesn't matter

21 hours ago, drobeski said:

Why would the patriots drop off so drastically in winning ? For years I've heard Brady is just a dink dunk system qb. 

Why would his departure make such a big difference? 

😁

It wont, Newton should be able to win at least 10 games in that system, it will negate his flaws well enough.

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It wont, Newton should be able to win at least 10 games in that system, it will negate his flaws well enough.

Right, a run and gun QB, will play well in a statue's system :wacko:

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Right, a run and gun QB, will play well in a statue's system :wacko:

He need not run, if he can shot-put a football he will do..... 😜

I think it will work, it would seem that Billy may have seen enough of other RPO Qb's to want a taste himself....

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

He need not run, if he can shot-put a football he will do..... 😜

I think it will work, it would seem that Billy may have seen enough of other RPO Qb's to want a taste himself....

Tebow is still available. McDaniels loves him

23 minutes ago, edjr said:

Tebow is still available. McDaniels loves him

Meh, he would likely win only 8 or 9 games, dood is not the guy to dump the ball over and over, Cam is still a better option.

I think Cam is a decent fit, not sure he is the man from a fantasy perspective.  My main issue with him is how will he be used in the red zone, if he gets some run-touches, then I think we know he has some decent value.

14 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Meh, he would likely win only 8 or 9 games, dood is not the guy to dump the ball over and over, Cam is still a better option.

I think Cam is a decent fit, not sure he is the man from a fantasy perspective.  My main issue with him is how will he be used in the red zone, if he gets some run-touches, then I think we know he has some decent value.

I think he's a terrible fit and I hope there is no NFL season

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

I think he's a terrible fit and I hope there is no NFL season

I sorta want to have an NFL season, but if it were to be true that all those players who want to kneel for a terrorist group (BLM or Antifa) were to starve in the street, I could live with that too.

It would suck, but I can live without sports.

8 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I sorta want to have an NFL season, but if it were to be true that all those players who want to kneel for a terrorist group (BLM or Antifa) were to starve in the street, I could live with that too.

It would suck, but I can live without sports.

I am fine with every major sports league folding up shop.  Would smile if it happened.  I can live with Golf, bowling, nascar and volleyball.

The reason why the Pats will not be good is a very simple one.  While the "system" may work, the person throwing the ball matters.  Brady makes WR's & TE's better.  We know for a fact, that Cam Newton doesn't and can't, do that.  We don't know that about Stidham.  I'm guessing that in his first year, he's unlikely to be able to do that.  If the Patriots have a winning record, it's because Stidham played the whole season and developed properly.  If I were a gambling man, I'd bet against them having a winning record and definitely bet the "Under".

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

I am fine with every major sports league folding up shop.  Would smile if it happened.  I can live with Golf, bowling, nascar and volleyball.

If that happened, expect crime to sky rocket.  A lot of minorities used sports to get out of the hood.  If there's absolutely no chance of a sports career, there'll be less kids playing sports.  They won't care as much about getting college scholarships.  Actually, you'd probably see all sports at the college level become predominantly white.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The reason why the Pats will not be good is a very simple one.  While the "system" may work, the person throwing the ball matters.  Brady makes WR's & TE's better.  We know for a fact, that Cam Newton doesn't and can't, do that.  We don't know that about Stidham.  I'm guessing that in his first year, he's unlikely to be able to do that.  If the Patriots have a winning record, it's because Stidham played the whole season and developed properly.  If I were a gambling man, I'd bet against them having a winning record and definitely bet the "Under".

Correct.  Cam has never made anyone better, ever.  

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If that happened, expect crime to sky rocket.  A lot of minorities used sports to get out of the hood.  If there's absolutely no chance of a sports career, there'll be less kids playing sports.  Actually, you'd probably see all sports at the college level become predominantly white.

I played basketball, football, baseball, street hockey and stick ball to have fun. never thought I was going pro. 

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

I played basketball, football, baseball, street hockey and stick ball to have fun. never thought I was going pro. 

A lot of people did.  The difference is that at a certain point, a lot of the black athletes kept that up to get out of the hood.  College, pros...  If a professional career is off the board, then I believe in mass, they'll stop playing after a certain point... like age 12 or so.  I also think their parents would stop promoting sports for their children in the inner cities.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

A lot of people did.  The difference is that at a certain point, a lot of the black athletes kept that up to get out of the hood.  College, pros...  If a professional career is off the board, then I believe in mass, they'll stop playing after a certain point... like age 12 or so.  I also think their parents would stop promoting sports for their children in the inner cities.

what do 98% of them do after they don't make the pros and leave college without having gone to a single class?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

what do 98% of them do after they don't make the pros and leave college without having gone to a single class?

Work at McDonald's?  Seriously though, it's pretty obvious that the bulk of them actually are better people (all of the athletes), after going to college.  Early in their college careers, the vast majority know what their ceiling is.  They'll go to class and try to make something of themselves.  Kids at a young age, are always encouraged to try because "you never know".  In the black community, I don't think that attitude of "you never know", will be encouraged at all if there's no chance at a future in athletics.  The white community doesn't see sports the same way... meaning, a way to get out of poverty.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Greg Olsen raises his hand

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Luckily, he wont need to, the entire premise of the Patriots system is to negate the inadequacies of the players, worked well of other Qb's not named Brady as well, no reason to believe it cant make Newton look better than he actually is.