KSB2424

Why haven't the Patriots signed Cam Newton?

So confirmed idiot/racial agitator Richard Sherman spouted off on twitter that Cams contract was disgusting, asking when was the last time a former league MVP had to sign for the veteran minimum, of course making it about race. Kurt Warner raised his hand. 

13 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Greg Olsen raises his hand

:lol:

Just now, Strike said:

That's not funny. Any real Patriots fan that isn't a shill, knew this was coming.  BB isn't ever, ever, never, ever, never, ever paying a QB what he's worth, Cam fits the bill.

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

That's not funny. Any real Patriots fan that isn't a shill, knew this was coming.  BB isn't ever, ever, never, ever, never, ever paying a QB what he's worth, Cam fits the bill.

Based upon the article, I'd say they're paying Cam more than he's worth.......

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

The contract is worth up to close to $14 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. About $6 million of the deal is tied to incentives

Name me starting QB's in the NFL that make less.. GO!

Some backups make more than 8 million.

To play TE? He can't throw a football, his arm\shoulder is shot. It was painful watching him try to throw down field, and by down field, I mean to the first down marker.

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

The contract is worth up to close to $14 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. About $6 million of the deal is tied to incentives

Cam Newton last year?  But this isn't about the money.  It's about finding the next QB so the Patriots don't become irrelevant like the Broncos have.

Just now, Strike said:

Cam Newton last year?  But this isn't about the money.  It's about finding the next QB so the Patriots don't become irrelevant like the Broncos have.

He blows. he can't throw anymore. He was the worst QB in the NFL last year and was paid like it. Hopefully the Pats draft someone, but it's unlikely it will be in the 1st round.

Guess they won't be trading for Jimmy G string now

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

He blows. he can't throw anymore. He was the worst QB in the NFL last year and was paid like it. Hopefully the Pats draft someone, but it's unlikely it will be in the 1st round.

Guess they won't be trading for Jimmy G string now

So we're in agreement.  Then why are you busting my balls?  BTW, I looked it up and there are a number of starting QB's making less than Cam's new deal. 

4 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

He didn't play enough to even evaluate.

Maybe he sucked in practice too, and the limited opportunities he got in games just confirmed that he sucks? 

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

So we're in agreement.  Then why are you busting my balls?  BTW, I looked it up and there are a number of starting QB's making less than Cam's new deal. 

Cam's new deal - he is making 8 million,. you know as well as I he won't hit all incentives, so you can't go off the 14 number.

What did he make last year? He made 1.05 million :o

17 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Why isn't Jarrett Stidham the starter?

He likely was overhead saying Steve Belichick looks retarded

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Cam's new deal - he is making 8 million,. you know as well as I he won't hit all incentives, so you can't go off the 14 number.

What did he make last year? He made 1.05 million :o

I went off the $8 million number.  There are more than 5 QB's making less than that.   It's closer to 10 when you put it at $14 million.

Just now, Strike said:

I went off the $8 million number.  There are more than 5 QB's making less than that.   It's closer to 10 when you put it at $14 million.

I should have said. what starting QB not on a rookie deal.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

🤮

This is the correct response, and all Edjr should have said.

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

This is the correct response, and all Edjr should have said.

I am puking all the way. I just knew he would be starting QB for the patriots in 2021. He is subservient to belchick and gets paid nothing

On 3/12/2021 at 10:45 AM, Strike said:

Cam Newton's contract with the #Patriots has a $5 million base value, according to sources: $2m signing bonus $1.5m base salary (guaranteed) $1.5m total in per-game roster bonuses The rest ($9m) is in incentives for playoffs, Pro Bowl, All-Pro, MVP, Super Bowl MVP, etc.

Cam Newton's 2021 cap number is $4,906,250. If he earns any of his NLTBE incentives, they will hit the 2022 cap.

Oh well. I guess there is always next time.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:50 AM, edjr said:

I think his point was that he may be one of the lowest paid starters (or the lowest) but that still does not mean he is worth what they are paying him. 

Which NFL starters would you not trade Cam for?   That list has to be pretty short.   

1 minute ago, Bill E. said:

I think his point was that he may be one of the lowest paid starters (or the lowest) but that still does not mean he is worth what they are paying him. 

Which NFL starters would you not trade Cam for?   That list has to be pretty short.   

If the goal is to win, he is a waste regardless of salary.

• Like 2

They should have to keep Cam for 12 years for two things.

1. Payback for getting to have Brady for all those years.
2. Punishment for letting him go.

2 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

The way things are going TB will still be winning SB's somewhere else after all those years.

9 hours ago, Strike said:

They should just not even use a QB. right? :wacko:

Last 9 games, Patriots went 5 and 4, guess who was the QB

Can't believe I am defending this hunk of useless garbage :wall:

4 hours ago, edjr said:

They should just not even use a QB. right? :wacko:

Last 9 games, Patriots went 5 and 4, guess who was the QB

Can't believe I am defending this hunk of useless garbage :wall:

And?  In 3 of those wins his passing yards were 118, 84, and 69.  Look, if you wanna think he's a good choice going forward go for it.  He's about as worthy as Tebow was, and we got rid of Tebow after making the playoffs and beating the Steelers in the first round of the playoffs.   We are in agreement about one thing though.  Neither one of us can believe you're defending this decision. 

And?  In 3 of those wins his passing yards were 118, 84, and 69.  Look, if you wanna think he's a good choice going forward go for it.  He's about as worthy as Tebow was, and we got rid of Tebow after making the playoffs and beating the Steelers in the first round of the playoffs.   We are in agreement about one thing though.  Neither one of us can believe you're defending this decision. 

Looking at his contract, they are paying him essentially backup money with incentives if he starts. They need at least a placeholder for the position before free agency and the draft. 

I don’t like him as a starter, but his signing is anything but a guarantee of that. They hope to have someone better, but he will fill that spot if they are stuck again like they were last year. 

Regardless of who is at QB, if they don’t make significant improvements at WR and TE, it won’t matter.

14 hours ago, Bill E. said:

Belichick believed his own press. He believed HE was the reason they won, and he could win with any QB.

Ask people in Cleveland whether Belichick can win regardless of talent.

Gotta give Belichick credit though - his cheating in his first Super Bowl won the game for the Pats and he didn’t get caught until after. Must be nice to know every play the opposing offense is calling.

23 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Belichick believed his own press. He believed HE was the reason they won, and he could win with any QB.

Ask people in Cleveland whether Belichick can win regardless of talent.

Gotta give Belichick credit though - his cheating in his first Super Bowl won the game for the Pats and he didn’t get caught until after. Must be nice to know every play the opposing offense is calling.

Bellicheck had an 11-5 season after rebuilding the Browns. The next year they were considered a contender until Modell announced the move and ruined that season.  You need to do some research before running your mouth. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bellicheck had an 11-5 season after rebuilding the Browns. The next year they were considered a contender until Modell announced the move and ruined that season.  You need to do some research before running your mouth. 

He had a losing record in Cleveland. But sure, focus on the one good season. 

Hmmmm pats sign agholor and jonnu. Interesting

14 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Hmmmm pats sign agholor and jonnu. Interesting

Marcus Mariota trade rumors will heat up now that they brought in an ex-Raider. Mariota is just 27 and will come cheap.

11 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Marcus Mariota trade rumors will heat up now that they brought in an ex-Raider. Mariota is just 27 and will come cheap.

Awesome. Then they'll have two oft injured running qbs who can't hit the broad side of a barn. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

This is weird to watch, wtf are the Pats doing?

Bill is almost 70.  Pushing the chips all in. 

What's the point of getting a bunch of guys to catch the ball if you don't have anyone who can throw it within 10 yards of them?