DonS

COVID lockdown - - what's your state doing?

Reports from various geeks regarding what their state is doing are sprinkled throughout multiple threads.  Might be nice to consolidate into one place. 

Here in WA the stay at home decree was just extended from the original May 4th extension to now be May 31st.  Even that date doesn't really mean much as Inslee has a 4 phase plan that pushes complete lift on every restriction until tentatively July 6.  :mad:

He says those dates can change based on "the numbers", but I interpret that as meaning "I'll probably keep extending and extending"

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/what-inslees-4-phase-plan-to-reopen-washingtons-economy-means-for-your-life/

What's the case in your state? 

AZ -- seems somewhere in the middle.  Schools, dine-in, bars, retail, services like hair salons and gyms are closed.  Grocery stores are open which include full liquor sales, so we haven't reached a crisis.  We're calling it something like "Stay Home.  Stay Healthy.  Stay Connected."  While public parks are kinda shut down (I think technically they are open so that homeless people can sleep there, but you aren't allowed to park in the lot, which is really dumb), we are encouraged to hike, walk, bike, run, etc.  People have overall been very good at social distancing while out exercising.

Our gubnor (Doug Ducey) on 4/30 extended the general stay for 2 weeks, but some retail is opening up (mostly curbside pickup) and limited dine-in is slated for 5/12 I think.

ND - Businesses allowed to open on Friday 5/1/20 (yesterday).  
Restaurants told to keep customers apart (only use every other table, etc). Odd, only cuz Walmart, Hardware, etc stores have been open all the time, and people weren't/aren't kept apart there.   Gyms are now able to open also (yes, they are business, but I figured I list them separate). 

My Nazi governor is on a power Trip. She forgot the goal wasn't to stop everyone from getting the virus but to slow the spread and "flatten the curve"