Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

the Bears declined the fifth-year option on QB Mitchell Trubisky for 2021.

Ahhh, I still remember favorably all the many Bears fans in this very forum arguing with all their might how Mitchy was just as good as Mahomes and/or Watson. Seafoam, where for art thou Seafoam? Au Revoir, Little Mitchy...

Amen. 

No big surprise here. Trubisky could still develop I guess, but I doubt he's going to be more than a fantasy back up any time soon.

Maybe after this season he can go to another team and it will work out better for him. Chicago isn't the best place for a QB.

I actually, really like Foles as a backup fantasy QB this year. He's probably free right now. I think, well worth  the gamble.

Just asking a question, so please don’t take it as a judgement. 

Who would you take Foles over as a qb2 on a ff team? 

24 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I would draft Foles before Brett Favre or Peyton Manning.

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

I'd take a flier on Foles over: Miami, Jets, Jacksonville, Chargers, Giants, Redskins, and Carolina's starters.

I think he gets a pretty bum rap because of his failure with the Rams. But I'm not sure people realise just how bad Jeff Fisher was. I was personally very high on him coming out of college when I did my dynasty draft that year. Then of course we all saw him play great for the iggles. 

Chances are he's either on your dynasty fa/rookie list. Or if a team has him, you'd be able to get him for next to nothing in a trade. Especially for the league's that have more than a 3 round draft.

In redraft, it's probably a little harder sell unless it's a 14 or a 16 teamer. Or your 12 teamer has owners that like to go 3 deep at QB.

18 hours ago, weepaws said:

I'm in a 2 re-draft leagues, 1 auction league, and 1 keeper league.  The keeper league is 2 QB and the other 3 are just one.  I don't imagine a scenario where Foles would be on my roster, outside of a 4th QB in my keeper league.

4 hours ago, Kopy said:

I'd take a flier on Foles over: Miami, Jets, Jacksonville, Chargers, Giants, Redskins, and Carolina's starters.

I think he gets a pretty bum rap because of his failure with the Rams. But I'm not sure people realise just how bad Jeff Fisher was. I was personally very high on him coming out of college when I did my dynasty draft that year. Then of course we all saw him play great for the iggles. 

Chances are he's either on your dynasty fa/rookie list. Or if a team has him, you'd be able to get him for next to nothing in a trade. Especially for the league's that have more than a 3 round draft.

In redraft, it's probably a little harder sell unless it's a 14 or a 16 teamer. Or your 12 teamer has owners that like to go 3 deep at QB.

I would agree of those choices expect for Darnold and D Jones.  

I would also toss in over the Bengals Qb. 

I don't think Foles wins the starting job.  That right there makes Foles at best a low end QB3/high end QB4.

I hope that’ll be the case if Foles doesn’t win the starting job. 

If Trubisky gets the start on day one, I bet he starts running more like he did 2 years ago.

I wouldn’t think he would run more, that would tend to lend itself to a more likely hood of him taking a severe hot that could cause him to miss games and make it a harder situation for him to get paid from another team the next season.   

At least o think so, I think his best beat would be to become a better pocket passer.  

Thanks