Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

Hi Guru

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Non ppr 14 teamer, how would you view Duke Johnson, I’m thinking a low rb4

It's important that we get all the RBs who are not among the top 50 ranked properly.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

It's important that we get all the RBs who are not among the top 50 ranked properly.

Then you should be doing so. 

Do you need help? 

23 hours ago, weepaws said:

Good day Guru, I was wondering about how you think Duke Johnson might do this next season, with DJ looking like the Texans rb1 , do you think Duke Johnson might be used a little bit more in the run game, based on DJ lack of success his last two seasons. 

Non ppr 14 teamer, how would you view Duke Johnson, I’m thinking a low rb4 , I expect to see him used a lot in the passing game , with Hopkins being gone I think he would be someone that might help with his lost. 

Thank you sir, I appreciate your help. 

I always liked what I saw from this kid. I've always wondered why he wasn't given the rock as a RB1, even just for a half season tryout. One of the rookies I really like is Eno Benjamin. And I've been worried about a Duke Johnson parallel career path.

Guru - For dynasty league purposes, can you make heads or tails of the Redskins RB situation?

New coaching staff/Guice/Peterson/Barber/Love.

Lions/tigers and bears oh my. Future lead back not even currently on the roster?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

Guru - For dynasty league purposes, can you make heads or tails of the Redskins RB situation?

Lions/tigers and bears oh my. Future lead back not even currently on the roster?

Thanks

Guice would be the guy, if he could just stay healthy.

7 hours ago, Kopy said:

I always liked what I saw from this kid. I've always wondered why he wasn't given the rock as a RB1, even just for a half season tryout. One of the rookies I really like is Eno Benjamin. And I've been worried about a Duke Johnson parallel career path.

Plus DJ hasn’t been great his last two seasons, so I’m wondering how the Guru feels about Dukes environment this season.  

Thanks Kopy.  

6 hours ago, Kopy said:

Thanks

For dynasty I don’t think I see that player on their roster, unless Guice can stay healthy. 

Im not sure that’s going to happen. 

On 6/4/2020 at 12:00 PM, weepaws said:

Good day Guru, I was wondering about how you think Duke Johnson might do this next season, with DJ looking like the Texans rb1 , do you think Duke Johnson might be used a little bit more in the run game, based on DJ lack of success his last two seasons. 

Non ppr 14 teamer, how would you view Duke Johnson, I’m thinking a low rb4 , I expect to see him used a lot in the passing game , with Hopkins being gone I think he would be someone that might help with his lost. 

Thank you sir, I appreciate your help. 

The last time we saw David, he looked like he was carrying a piano on his back. I'm sure he's better (healthier?) now, but he hasn't been a particularly efficient player since 2016 and been hurt in two of those years. Some of that was Arizona's line, but why wasn't that more of an issue for Drake and Edmonds?

I've never understood why Duke hasn't been used more in his career, but I digress. Given David's "issues," I think Duke sees more than last year's 127 touches. (I was shocked to see he got that many.) RB4 sounds about right in non-PPR, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he is a solid fantasy start 4-5 times (in the likely event David gets hurt). At the very least, the Texans have talked about getting their RBs more involved in the passing game this year, so maybe he pushes for 500 receiving yards.

On 6/5/2020 at 12:00 PM, Kopy said:

Thanks

Very difficult to break this one down at the moment, especially if we throw Gibson (and McKissic?) into the bunch.

First off, I don't see how Barber and McKissic make it. Teams don't carry more than four RBs (most only roster three). Drafting someone like Gibson is done in part to save a roster spot, so there's a case to be made that Love either doesn't make it or is a regular on the inactive list. Anyway ...

The best recent comparison I can think of this year is probably a very poor man's version of the Patriots. In that backfield, Sony Michel is the pounder, Rex Burkhead is the injury-prone dual-purpose back and James White is the satelite back. I would expect AD to play the Michel role and assume around 150 carries if Guice manages to stay healthy. If he doesn't, maybe he pushes 200 again.

Guice should be considered the favorite for 160-175 carries and maybe 20-ish catches if he can avoid injury. If he can't, that's where I think Gibson can become an interesting option in redraft leagues, perhaps with a workload similar to Duke Johnson. (Admittedly a stretch.) If both AD and Guice stay healthy, I don't see how Gibson finds a way into more than five catches and five targets per game (and that assumes Love is a non-factor). If Love proves to be a decent replacement for Chris Thompson (which the previous regime was hoping), then Gibson can't be much more than a gadget player as a rookie.

10 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

The last time we saw David, he looked like he was carrying a piano on his back. I'm sure he's better (healthier?) now, but he hasn't been a particularly efficient player since 2016 and been hurt in two of those years. Some of that was Arizona's line, but why wasn't that more of an issue for Drake and Edmonds?

I've never understood why Duke hasn't been used more in his career, but I digress. Given David's "issues," I think Duke sees more than last year's 127 touches. (I was shocked to see he got that many.) RB4 sounds about right in non-PPR, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he is a solid fantasy start 4-5 times (in the likely event David gets hurt). At the very least, the Texans have talked about getting their RBs more involved in the passing game this year, so maybe he pushes for 500 receiving yards.

Thank you. 

Hello Guru, I hope that you and yours are in good health.  

I have two questions.  

Non ppr 14 teamer.  

And I promise not to hold your feet to the fire from your answers.  

1. If Barkley was to get injured, who’s up next, D Lewis or W Gallman.  

2.  The Dolphins.  have two Rbs , Brienda and Howard, Brienda I think is the better player, you do you think might be the better buy? 

Thank you very much.  

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Hello Guru, I hope that you and yours are in good health.  

I have two questions.  

Non ppr 14 teamer.  

And I promise not to hold your feet to the fire from your answers.  

1. If Barkley was to get injured, who’s up next, D Lewis or W Gallman.  

2.  The Dolphins.  have two Rbs , Brienda and Howard, Brienda I think is the better player, you do you think might be the better buy? 

Thank you very much.  

I have been beckoned after a month of vacation 😎

I am doing well, thank you. I hope you are doing well too.

1. Giants would probably go with RBBC, although I suspect Gallman would lead it. Keep an eye out for Javon Leake.

2. Tough call with Miami's RBs. I haven't been able to project stats for any players yet, but my initial estimates on workload for Howard and Breida are:

Howard: 207 carries, 26 targets

Breida: 144 carries, 45 targets

I think Breida has upside for a lot more targets than that, but I wonder if Laird doesn't keep him from reaching his ceiling there. Durability is also more of an issue for Breida than Howard. If I had to bet on one outscoring the other, I would bet on Howard. It would be a small bet though.

34 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

I have been beckoned after a month of vacation 😎

I am doing well, thank you. I hope you are doing well too.

1. Giants would probably go with RBBC, although I suspect Gallman would lead it. Keep an eye out for Javon Leake.

2. Tough call with Miami's RBs. I haven't been able to project stats for any players yet, but my initial estimates on workload for Howard and Breida are:

Howard: 207 carries, 26 targets

Breida: 144 carries, 45 targets

I think Breida has upside for a lot more targets than that, but I wonder if Laird doesn't keep him from reaching his ceiling there. Durability is also more of an issue for Breida than Howard. If I had to bet on one outscoring the other, I would bet on Howard. It would be a small bet though.

Thank you. 

Howard probably might be the higher scorer based on tds I would imagine, that he would be the short yardage rb.  

Thank you very much.  

Guru, 12 team dynasty draft. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, 1TE - PPR Scoring.

Pick 1 - Taylor, Pick 2 - CEH, Pick 3 - A WR (no idea which one). Pick 4 - Dobbins.

Who you going with the 5th pick? You don't have to be a position of need targeting. Trading down, or out is not an option. But you do have the luxury to just go BPA.

Who's your guy?

On 7/26/2020 at 12:33 PM, Kopy said:

Guru, 12 team dynasty draft. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex, 1TE - PPR Scoring.

Pick 1 - Taylor, Pick 2 - CEH, Pick 3 - A WR (no idea which one). Pick 4 - Dobbins.

Who you going with the 5th pick? You don't have to be a position of need targeting. Trading down, or out is not an option. But you do have the luxury to just go BPA.

Who's your guy?

Hope I'm getting to this in time ...

I assume Lamb will be the No. 3 pick as Jeudy hasn't really been hyped up much this summer. IMO, the call is between him and Swift for me at No. 5 if the draft goes as you expect it to. WRs are typically better dynasty investments than RBs and I am still of the belief that Jeudy overtakes Sutton for the No. 1 role either late this season or next year. At worst, I think it's a 1A/1B situation between the two of them.

I'm not sure I'm ready to trust Bevell (Detroit OC) to maximize Swift, and there's a strong possibility of a coaching change in Detroit at the end of the year if the Lions can't figure out how to maximize all of their offensive talent.

Hello Guru, based on the Covid situation our 14 team league is going to be a total points league this season, in past we’ve been both a Head to Head plus total points. 

So based on that, would it be better to take Sutton over Jeudy? 

And you did say you see Jeudy taking over as their wr1 late this season or next. 

But this season could be short, and I think Rookies will be behind early with no preseason games.  

Thanks.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Hello Guru, based on the Covid situation our 14 team league is going to be a total points league this season, in past we’ve been both a Head to Head plus total points. 

So based on that, would it be better to take Sutton over Jeudy? 

And you did say you see Jeudy taking over as their wr1 late this season or next. 

But this season could be short, and I think Rookies will be behind early with no preseason games.  

Thanks.  

No, I would still go with Sutton over Jeudy ... for now. Yes, I do see Jeudy taking over WR1 duties from Sutton at some point. It could happen by the end of this year IMO, but I'm not sure I'd bet on it. While I'm not sure we can write off all rookies, I think the factors you mentioned (short season a possiblity, no preseason games, etc.) are going to be particularly troubling for non-RBs. And I think they need to also be dropped down boards a bit too.

It's all about how long you are willing to wait on them to produce starting-caliber numbers in fantasy. It could be November or early December for the bulk of those few who actually contribute as rookies.

Thank you. 

Thanks for earlier input Guru.

Another one for you.

Same format as earlier. Last pick in round 1.

The team has an incredible amount of riches, and is very deep to boot. Should be illegal how good it is. Only weak spot is QB. Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Big Ben. Good for today, not so much tomorrow.

You going Burrow or Tua? 

Disclaimer here too. This might be the year to make the move for the future. Both kids are talented. Plus other owners are in love with Lawrence, and Fields. So I don't believe there is any shot at them in next year's draft.

Another question for you. This one is for my own personal team. For a dynasty league (you see a pattern here with me). What are your thoughts on Matthew Stafford? I believe he's 32. He's signed through 2022, but does have an out after this year, and the money wouldn't kill the lions to, to much. How much longer would you see him playing? What would you think his worth is in a trade (players, or picks)?

I'm in talks to get him as a back-up QB, obviously I'd like to get a fair deal. Normally, I'd have already done it. But he just got put on the covid I.R. list. This has me worried for his future. The lions are going nowheres, (always). He's made big time money. He's got a hot wife who's a cancer survivor. He's got alot of little kids. We live in a crazy world right now, who knows how much longer? Could he just flat out call it quits after this year? Could the lions call it quits for him? I'd hate to trade for him, then he's done next year.

I traded for Gronk a couple years ago. He had a crappy year, then promptly retired. I'm kinda worried about a repeat. Now I'm trade scared.

Help?

11 hours ago, Kopy said:

Thanks for earlier input Guru.

Another one for you.

Same format as earlier. Last pick in round 1.

The team has an incredible amount of riches, and is very deep to boot. Should be illegal how good it is. Only weak spot is QB. Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Big Ben. Good for today, not so much tomorrow.

You going Burrow or Tua? 

Disclaimer here too. This might be the year to make the move for the future. Both kids are talented. Plus other owners are in love with Lawrence, and Fields. So I don't believe there is any shot at them in next year's draft.

I'll get to your second question later.

Burrow's the guy I would try for. Fans of both, but it's hard to coach the "keep the play alive" gene out of young quarterbacks once they have it. Injured college QBs have a tendency to get hurt in the pros as well, probably for that very reason. Tua was not running much/well last year even before the injury too. It's a good debate to have though b/c Tua sees the game so well. Burrow's no slouch there either obviously, and he can run better (and comes with fewer health concerns) than Tua. 

10 hours ago, Kopy said:

Another question for you. This one is for my own personal team. For a dynasty league (you see a pattern here with me). What are your thoughts on Matthew Stafford? I believe he's 32. He's signed through 2022, but does have an out after this year, and the money wouldn't kill the lions to, to much. How much longer would you see him playing? What would you think his worth is in a trade (players, or picks)?

I'm in talks to get him as a back-up QB, obviously I'd like to get a fair deal. Normally, I'd have already done it. But he just got put on the covid I.R. list. This has me worried for his future. The lions are going nowheres, (always). He's made big time money. He's got a hot wife who's a cancer survivor. He's got alot of little kids. We live in a crazy world right now, who knows how much longer? Could he just flat out call it quits after this year? Could the lions call it quits for him? I'd hate to trade for him, then he's done next year.

I traded for Gronk a couple years ago. He had a crappy year, then promptly retired. I'm kinda worried about a repeat. Now I'm trade scared.

Help?

For what it's worth, I traded Stafford for Jamison Crowder before the start of last season in the league I had him in.

It's a difficult question you ask. I would say the majority of players (especially quarterbacks) will play as long as possible because the money is so good. Prior to last year, he had taken 87 sacks over the previous two seasons. You give a few other reasons why he may want to get out while he can (so I'm calling it a career because, you know, I have a hot wife). I think the Lions have already answered one of your questions. They have no young guy waiting in the wings. Could he retire? Sure.

I ended up hitting up some of the owners in my league for a backup to my Deshaun Watson. I tried getting Rodgers for a second-rounder. I was told Kyler would cost me a 1 and a 2. I tried pulling a deal for Burrow. Ultimately, I landed Wentz for John Brown, Breida and a 3. I was happy with that deal.

I personally would go with someone like Wentz or someone in that age range. The Lions are in an unpredictable position right now. The Eagles are much more stable.

Hey guru. In my dynasty league. The Melvin Gordon owner has been trying to get Philip Lindsay from me.

I haven't had anything yet that's peaked my interest in parting with him. 

What kind of trade value do you think I should be looking for?

7 hours ago, Kopy said:

Hey guru. In my dynasty league. The Melvin Gordon owner has been trying to get Philip Lindsay from me.

I haven't had anything yet that's peaked my interest in parting with him. 

What kind of trade value do you think I should be looking for?

First and foremost, it sounds like you are happy with your roster. If so, I would hold Lindsay for a bit longer. I get the sense Denver will be a 50/40/10 kind of backfield, so it's likely his dynasty value will be on the rise again soon. If Gordon cannot stay healthy for a full season yet again, the other owner may become more desperate.

What position(s) do you need to improve your team? If it is receiver, I think any of the tier four players in my recently released dynasty ranks is a reasonable ask. I doubt you could get a first-round 2021 pick out of Lindsay, but perhaps packaging your first and Lindsay could help you move up in the first round if the other owner's team is in a bit of a rebuild.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Guru for all your thoughtful response to my silly ff questions, I truly appreciated every one of them. 

And also thank you to all the other posters, I truly appreciate your help and your response helped me get ready for my draft.  

To everyone good luck this ff season. 

God Bless.  

I cant wait for the season to start, and then the real action starts on this here ff site.  

Hi Guru, yes Im still here. 

Dobbins two rushing tds today, think he’ hold that role rest of the season? 

And I saw Mattison had 10 touches to D Cooks 13, do you think Mattison we’ll be the close in touches going forward? 

And Barber two rushing tds today, I said he might be the goal line guy, do you think that might be the case going forward? 

And did it surprise you as it did me, that A Peterson had 17 touches today? What do you think of the Lions Rbs situation going forward? 

And one more for now lol, I saw the Carson had a good ff day, but Hyde had one more rush att then Carson, how do you see going forward? I had a feeling Hyde what brought in to do more then just be a backup. 

Guru I know your busy now, but of you have the time to answer or if you don’t , thank you either way.